Team against the scum

Gerrard may well play Arfield in midfield, and have Aribo further up, with the option of a 4 possible at times of the game. These games are mostly won in midfield, and with it being a cup game it could be quite a tight affair.

McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Davis
Arfield/Aribo
Kamara

Aribo/Roofe/Wright
Kent

Morelos

That's the team/main selection dilemmas.

Arfield has struggled since injury but is the best option for the midfield slot imo but his form is a concern.

Aribo is better advanced as one of the number 10's he hasn't looked or imposed himself in central midfield especially against them.

Roofe gives us that added movement and goal threat so that could be an advantage he starts.

Or does Gerrard throw a tactical surprise and go for the energetic and promising Wright he has looked sharp and decent in his cameo roles.

McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Davis
Kamara
Aribo

Wright
Morelos
Kent

Was hoping to see wright today but hopefully starts next week.

Get the job done rangers!
Agree that Kemar Roofe doesn't look fully fit and shouldn't start.

Law of averages....
Play like we did in the last 2 games and we could lose.
Need to play at highest tempo and kill the space in the middle...
Put their backs under pressure.....they will.fold.
Wish we had Jack for this game...
Definitely agree, Jack is a rock on the field, has that menace about him too who can also play,his presence takes the team to another level when fit, feel a lot more confident when you see his name on the team sheet. Hard man to replace, think Arfield might start on Saturday, always well up for it in Old Firm games, truly enjoys beating them. Aribo on the other hand deserves to start, improving all the time and threat on go with his creative skill(s).

I agree. He will not start.

But I do think that would be the most effective curve ball to play if the manager wanted to go down that route.

Pace and incision of Kent and Wright off Morelos would cause their defence nightmares.* Roofe at his best is definitely in our strongest front 3, I’m just not convinced he is there at this moment in time.

* I also think those 2 could use their pace and back tracking to great effect to cover the fullbacks and make as more solid out of possession.
I don't think he will start either.

But your last paragraph is interesting as I think that is where they will attack us. But I'm sure SG will opt for Roofe.

Still think we will have enough to beat them.

Last few games against them they have dominated the midfield and we have struggled as a result. Aribo is the hard one as he has the quality to punish Celtic but because we lose the midfield he doesn’t get a chance to get on the ball

Since when did Leggo become a player that we had to worry about?

I wouldn’t be adverse to bringing in Arfield in place of Aribo but my mindset certainly would be because it would keep leggo busy ffs! :))
Correct, Leggo isn't a player. But he regularly gets Alfie distracted. Or worse.

I would like Wright to start and I have a sneaky feeling the fact he didn't come on today he may be keeping him fresh to unleash him on the scum.

It's unlikely but I hope he does.
If this is your curve ball, thats how to unleash it. Make it appear highly unlikely

Kent Alfie Roofe up front.
Davis Kamara obviously then Arfield or Aribo. He may include both though with Aribo further forward. We do lose a bit of bite and balance without Jack right enough.
Wright could be used for his pace and energy going forward but also tracking back. More unlikely but an option still.

Wright isn’t starting. As much as I like him Gerrard isn’t throwing him in next week.

I think Arfield will come in to solidify the midfield. Aribo has been a man down in Old Firms recently.

McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barišić

Davis
Kamara
Arfield

Roofe
Kent

Morelos

I
McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Davis
Kamara
Aribo

Wright
Morelos
Kent

Was hoping to see wright today but hopefully starts next week.

Get the job done rangers!
Agree with Wright being in the team next week, he is fast and direct and a real handful, it's what we were missing in the second half today.

Aribo isn't a midfielder
That position is a worry and one that hopefully will be addressed in the summer.
We have thankfully excelled throughout this season, and deserve all the plaudits however the best time to strengthen is when you're on top, midfield is a priority.

Our midfield has excelled however we need to introduce pace and goals to this area, that to me is a no brainer.

Ar
Wright isn’t starting. As much as I like him Gerrard isn’t throwing him in next week.

I think Arfield will come in to solidify the midfield. Aribo has been a man down in Old Firms recently.

McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barišić

Davis
Kamara
Arfield

Roofe
Kent
It will be the same team which started today with Arfield the only possible exception who could come into the side.

That would be my team.
Why would anybody have Arfield in the team, he is past his best and the game runs away from him due to his lack of pace, something we need next week is players with pace.

Ar

Why would anybody have Arfield in the team, he is past his best and the game runs away from him due to his lack of pace, something we need next week is players with pace.
Because I don’t trust Aribo in that role. He hasn’t convinced me in any old firm game so far.

Arfield puts in a shift and presses.

I'd rather have Arfield in the middle for an old firm. Think Roofe will start, he tired a bit second half today but think he was kept on to get the minutes under his belt.

It'll be basketball if we go with the same team as today because their midfield is attack minded as well.

Hibs were running past us too easily today.

The midfield needs a bit of work in the summer which I think everyone is in agreement about.

It'll be basketball if we go with the same team as today because their midfield is attack minded as well.

Hibs were running past us too easily today.

The midfield needs a bit of work in the summer which I think everyone is in agreement about.
Hibs midfield seemed to target our left side, granted our midfield was a worry however Borna was way off the pace today and looked as though he was struggling fitness wise.

Aribo is not the first or won't be last good player that these games pass by, especially in the first half of the last 2 games.

The boy has a great future and he will play in the EPL one day IMO. But this game is massive for us now and I would play Arfield for at least the first 60 mins.

The more I think about the Scott Wright "curve ball" the more I think it makes sense. But it will probably be Roofe.

______________McGregor
Patterson_Goldson_Helandar_Barasic
__________Davis___Kamara
______________Arfield
Wright________Morelos________Kent

Wright is destined to become to new Namouchi when it comes to OF's.

Granted he's done well during his few cameos - and did well against Cove as a starter - but the clamour to thrust him in next week at the expense of Roofe is a premature to say the least.

I’m not seeing that yet.
Dying to get to a game so I can watch him and not just the game.
I’m the same as you tazzabear. Not seeing the sensational movement people are talking about (since injury return anyway) and I think he’s a distant third to Morelos and Kent in our frontline. Would go with Airibo off the right. And do some praying that airfield can rediscover his form. I’m worried about our midfield options next Saturday

McGregor
Patterson Goldson Helander Barisic
Arfield Davis Kamara
Wright Morelos Kent

Roofe isn’t up to speed at the moment for me and hasn’t been since he came back from injury. I have absolutely no idea why Wright didn’t feature at all today. Was seriously unlucky not to start IMO then beyond confused as to why he wasn’t one of the 4 subs. Regardless, I’d start him next week.
I’d pick this team

Exactly. Like a man down.
Almost like Albertz at times, offers absolutely nothing defensively or offensively and then smash...goal!
Aribo has always started every big game under Gerrard and next week is a big game.

Certainly living off his touches and moments than his all round displays for 90m which I agree, have been poor

Back