Team against the scum

Almost like Albertz at times, offers absolutely nothing defensively or offensively and then smash...goal!
Aribo has always started every big game under Gerrard and next week is a big game.

Certainly living off his touches and moments than his all round displays for 90m which I agree, have been poor
I worry that our midfield will be too lightweight versus them next week with no Jack or a fit Arfield.

I worry that our midfield will be too lightweight versus them next week with no Jack or a fit Arfield.
Stand firm for the 21 minute onslaught then our football will do the talking :)) , can only hope we score 1st and can then dominate, but it's getting that goal. Looked like a strong wind would have opened our midfield wide open today

I think the team picks itself with 2 out of the 3 of Aribo, Arfield and Roofe being the only real decision.
I do wonder if there may be a slight tweak to the system though. The last two games despite them not being able to do much points wise they’ve had a bit of success in pressing us and forcing us central.

Just bring your A game Rangers!

I think the team picks itself with 2 out of the 3 of Aribo, Arfield and Roofe being the only real decision.
I do wonder if there may be a slight tweak to the system though. The last two games despite them not being able to do much points wise they’ve had a bit of success in pressing us and forcing us central.

Just bring your A game Rangers!
When all the debate is done bringing our A game is all that matters.

I was leaning towards Arfield coming in but his performance last week and cameo today left me thinking it was far from ideal.

I get the dilemma but nothing in Arfield's form suggests to me he deserves to start before Aribo. Whilst I get the notion he may be more industrious than Aribo I'm not sure Arfield looks at all up to speed at the moment.

Tough call for the manager.

I know it won’t happen but I would be tempted to play Hagi ahead of Aribo I think he trys to get into a game more by finding gaps ad demanding the ball but what do I know it will leave it up to the boss

I know it won’t happen but I would be tempted to play Hagi ahead of Aribo I think he trys to get into a game more by finding gaps ad demanding the ball but what do I know it will leave it up to the boss
Defo Arebo only gets on last 20 when we are winning, big blouse. Get Arfiel d in to win the battle. Last 2 games against the child molesters have been very poor. Play like champions and take the game to them. Wright starts for me.

I’m the same as you tazzabear. Not seeing the sensational movement people are talking about (since injury return anyway) and I think he’s a distant third to Morelos and Kent in our frontline. Would go with Airibo off the right. And do some praying that airfield can rediscover his form. I’m worried about our midfield options next Saturday
Arfield would usually be my first choice for right mid against Celtic.
Even now, I’d trust him to, at least, ensure that if he’s having a bad game, he’d still be a pest.
Im not sure I’d say that about Aribo or even, to a lesser degree, Hagi.

The way Arfield has played recently and Aribo's habit of disappearing in these games maybe we should chuck Zungu in* and hope for the best! He might do a big Bert Konterman and smash one in from 40 yards. :D

* I am joking btw. Before the replies start. ;)

Bench for Aribo for me.
He’s still not got to grips with these games.
Hopefully we’ll go after them, early goal and I think it’s our day.
For me Aribo is a luxury player. But no room for luxuries next week. Need a bit of fight so put in Arfield. I reckon a right hand side of Patterson, Arfield and a surprise start for Wright will give us a lot of energy in there. When Aribo plays, as skilled as he is, he always looks like he is carrying his newspaper under his arm and looking for a place to sit down. That for me just doesn't work in an old firm game

The way Arfield has played recently and Aribo's habit of disappearing in these games maybe we should chuck Zungu in* and hope for the best! He might do a big Bert Konterman and smash one in from 40 yards. :D

* I am joking btw. Before the replies start. ;)
Well here’s a reply you’ll not be expecting.
I’d almost agree with you.
Only my trust of Arfield makes me doubt this option.

Midfield is my main worry next weekend. I wonder if Gerrard might put Zungu in to try and give more of a defensive base? Have a midfield 3 of Zungu, Davis & Kamara. With Arfield, Kent, Morelos ahead. Easily swap Aribo for Arfield with that suggestion though but he has gone missing last few games v them

McGregor
Patterson Goldson Helander Barisic
Arfield Davis Kamara
Roofe Morelos Kent

Wouldn't be unhappy with Aribo Hagi or maybe Wright starting either though. Also hopeful for a miracle Tav return too. :))

They’ll ditch the diamond and go back to 4-2-3-1.

We might get away with Aribo in there on that premise.

I would still prefer Arfield. We could dominate that two - as we demonstrated at during the 2018 power change.

I’m actually warming to the idea of both Roofe and Morelos. Roofe gets better with game time and he looked sharper again today than he did last. The interchange between him and Morelos is starting to synchronise and with our fullbacks putting balls into the box, two strikers could really really hurt them next week.

I don’t think big Joe gives us enough work rate v them to play the full 90.
He should he told to burst his lungs for 69 mins knowing he is coming off.

To avoid starting a separate thread, anyone know why Wright didn’t appear at all against Hibs? I would like to see him next week. Any time he’s on the park we seem to start playing better and show more threat.

To avoid starting a separate thread, anyone know why Wright didn’t appear at all against Hibs? I would like to see him next week. Any time he’s on the park we seem to start playing better and show more threat.

The manager decided to put Hagi on instead? The guy who a Serie A team apparently want to bid 13m Euros for.

Barring Tav proving his fitness, the team who started yesterday will start on Saturday.

Slight reservations given how poor we looked in midfield at times yesterday.

And I wouldn’t start Roofe given the chance

The manager decided to put Hagi on instead? The guy who a Serie A team apparently want to bid 13m Euros for.
Not sure what the point is here ( respectfully ). Are you saying the manager was putting Hagi in the shop window or because the apparent interest makes him a better choice? I certainly like Hagi too - but I think Wright’s form ( not just against Cove Rangers ) would have justified his getting at least a run out off the bench. I think we might have learned more putting Wright on yesterday.

Got a hunch SG might take Roofe out of the starting eleven and play Arfield to strengthen up our midfield. It's crucial we don't give them a foothold in the game.

Not sure what the point is here ( respectfully ). Are you saying the manager was putting Hagi in the shop window or because the apparent interest makes him a better choice? I certainly like Hagi too - but I think Wright’s form ( not just against Cove Rangers ) would have justified his getting at least a run out off the bench. I think we might have learned more putting Wright on yesterday.

The point is Hagi and Wright play in the same position and Gerrard decided to put Hagi on instead. It's no slight on Wright as Hagi happens to be a very good player hence the interest he's attracting and the numbers he's produced for us this season.

Wright will get plenty of chances in the future.

I’d put in Hagi and Arfield for Roofe and Aribo.

We’ll probably be back to our usual midfield 3 on Saturday, as opposed to yesterday where Aribo played behind Morelos. Arfield is more consistent at tracking his runners than Aribo, who’s looked uncomfortable in that formation.

Hagi seems better suited to dropping a bit deeper and linking up with the midfield, which improved us in the second half of the game at New Year.

All that said, I think yesterday was Gerrard’s team for next week.

The point is Hagi and Wright play in the same position and Gerrard decided to put Hagi on instead. It's no slight on Wright as Hagi happens to be a very good player hence the interest he's attracting and the numbers he's produced for us this season.

Wright will get plenty of chances in the future.
Understand and point taken. Perhaps both can be accommodated though it’d likely be too risky too start experimenting before such an important game. My original point didn’t mean to turn this into a Hagi v Wright debate. Both I think are capable of damaging Celtic. We are privileged having two great footballers and I know it’s early days but my gut feeling for now is at the moment, Wright could be more a threat.

Back