Team flight home

I’ve been a Rangers fan for 40 odd years mate, I just find this airport carry on way over the top especially when we have an important game on Saturday.

Not too long ago we were playing against plumbers, bakers and candlestick makers. Let's enjoy getting a bit way OTT mate!

Not too long ago we were playing against plumbers, bakers and candlestick makers. Let's enjoy getting a bit way OTT mate!
That was 6 years ago mate cmon ? I don’t think we should be serenading a squad for winning a game in Europe when we need them focused for an important cup game in 3 days.

Been there and now home, loved it

Actually touched Steven Gerrard and don’t get me started on that wonderful Hagi , who stopped and took pictures with literally everybody who asked

Realised how gay I sounded there but ah well not everyday I see Stevie g
Well done mate wish I could have been there myself

Brilliant, the team deserved a welcome home

What European match was it last season or before there were hundreds at Glasgow Airport for them coming home?

Tin pot stuff imo.

Get to %^*&.

We are being lauded by anyone who matters for our European performances this season. As fans we’ve been through the mill and then some over the past 10 years. If we cant celebrate success when we have it, what the hell can we do? Undoubtedly Gerrard needs to look at options for how we play against 10 men behind the ball, but, we’ve just claimed ANOTHER scalp in what has been a fantastic Euro campaign. Let the fans enjoy it - end of.

Get to %^*&.

We are being lauded by anyone who matters for our European performances this season. As fans we’ve been through the mill and then some over the past 10 years. If we cant celebrate success when we have it, what the hell can we do? Undoubtedly Gerrard needs to look at options for how we play against 10 men behind the ball, but, we’ve just claimed ANOTHER scalp in what has been a fantastic Euro campaign. Let the fans enjoy it - end of.
Nope not for me... I want to celebrate winning silverware.

Welcome to old age. I have no idea how these youngsters will cope when we win something
It will be some day when it happens for them believe you me! That’s why I feel the younger generation are diluting that feeling of euphoria of major success by going to airports and celebrating cup ties.

If nothing else it gave the players a chance to see the fans happy. Some of the kids (primary school age) were delighted at the chance to get a photo with the players. Dont underestimate how far that can go in determining whether they will want to go to games in the future.

Must’ve just got in before the sport options flights.

Seen a couple of well Kent faces standing about who would’ve been on that flight when come off the day trip.

That was 6 years ago mate cmon ? I don’t think we should be serenading a squad for winning a game in Europe when we need them focused for an important cup game in 3 days.

FFS lighten up ya miserable old fart! How's it going to affect their focus for Saturday's game?!
It's a bit of fun + it shows the players just how much Rangers means to the fans, will hopefully drive them on to success.
Let's never enjoy ourselves again until we have silverware ... thank fek we're not Partick Thistle supporters ....

that must be difficult/awkward (Speaking as a non-celebrity) standing there being serenaded by the bears thinking “wtf do I do” I know, I’ll stare straight ahead until I know I don’t have to go and engage with them then give them a wave as I walk off. :D
He was waiting to go through immigration with the look of it so probably didn't want to show too much emotion or reaction.

Making the last 16 is a massive thing for us as a club from where we were to also where we are going money wise every round v is either keeping a main player or buying better quality

I took my niece along to welcome the players home last night & she was buzzing! Why are people so quick to criticize supporters for backing the team? Is that not what supporters are meant to do? I didn't realise we only did that when cups are won. Showing appreciation to the players and management for the memories they are giving us & the young bears, who up until Gerrard joined us, had no idea what it's like to experience nights like we are just now or beating them in their own back garden. Not all results and performances have been great but we will get there. I will keep supporting the team through the good & the bad, hopeful that there will going forward, be more good than bad.

Fantastic and well done to those who welcomed the team home. After all those years Im still proud to say 'I was there' when The Rangers returned to Renfrew Airport after a 3 game undefeated TOUR in Russia. Oh and we were winning plenty back then and that didnt stop us celebrating the team we adore.
Its just what we do and rightly so
C5UmN93.jpg

EXgii4t.jpg

aw9mdIN.jpg

gk2fWy2.jpg

It will be some day when it happens for them believe you me! That’s why I feel the younger generation are diluting that feeling of euphoria of major success by going to airports and celebrating cup ties.

Ah, come on now.
They are not diluting anything.

A lot of young lads in our squad and I am sure coming off the flight and seeing a load of fans there to greet them would mean a lot.

Might even inspire some of them to greater things.

Ah, come on now.
They are not diluting anything.

A lot of young lads in our squad and I am sure coming off the flight and seeing a load of fans there to greet them would mean a lot.

Might even inspire some of them to greater things.
Edmundson, Hagi, Kent, Katic & Arfield all looked tired but absolutely delighted at seeing the fans last night. The younger fans were also delighted at getting photos with them. Win win situation.

Listen we give the team it tight when they deserve it but they also deserve the same amount of praise when things go well it can’t be a one way street last night was and is a fantastic achievement and they deserve a warm welcome home.

Agreed, to add how often in Rangers history have we gone away at this stage in Europe and won. Not very often.

Listen we give the team it tight when they deserve it but they also deserve the same amount of praise when things go well it can’t be a one way street last night was and is a fantastic achievement and they deserve a warm welcome home.
Nail.on.head. We're a shower of greeting faced bastards when we lose, and the players and manager get some spectacular pelters. Only right and proper they get lauded for the good stuff. If some young team want to welcome the team back by doing the bouncy at Glasgow airport, good on them.

Back