Team for Aberdeen

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some other posters have noted, I wish the club would issue an update on the status of the Jones injury situation. We have been without his services now for almost half the season.

OPs selection looks right to me.

A win and no injuries or red cards, I am more afraid of that than the result tbh, want a full squad for Sunday.

As some other posters have noted, I wish the club would issue an update on the status of the Jones injury situation. We have been without his services now for almost half the season.

Our social media announced his return to full training last week and the manager has spoken about him in recent press conferences. How much more are you after?

Gaffer said 10 days or so in the first interview back after the last break, which makes him available, hopefully, in the next week. Given the importance of the next three games I can't see him featuring much.

He's in the training pics and videos from last week :D

For wednesday

McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Helander
Barasic

Jack
Davis
Arfield

Stewart
Morelos
Kent

Stewart has earned his chance and it has worked everytime so far with him playing with Arfield in midfield.

Stewart’s played his way in, especially on a narrow pitch like Pittodrie.
Good to see him getting a brace and answering the Gaffer's call. No let up another drubbing. We'll have too much for them,an early goal to set us up.

Ojo and Aribo need to stay on the bench for this run of games especially against the pedos. Skillful players but not really mentally equipped for the battles that lie ahead in December.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Helander Barišić
Davis Jack Kamara
Arfield Kent
Morelos
Team pretty much picks itself. Possibly Stewart in for Arfield given Gerrard's words on Stewart after the match yesterday.

Rest Morelos and start with Defoe. Alf can come off the bench if needed but Sunday is more important for me.

I'm not quite sure if your serious.

100% serious. We need to win our first silverware for this current team and we know the sheep will target Morelos. He has matured a lot this season and I'm not overly concerned but there is still the risk of an injury as well. Why risk your best player in the game before a cup final when you have a squad strong enough to deal with Aberdeen? Start him on Sunday and next Thursday.

100% serious. We need to win our first silverware for this current team and we know the sheep will target Morelos. He has matured a lot this season and I'm not overly concerned but there is still the risk of an injury as well. Why risk your best player in the game before a cup final when you have a squad strong enough to deal with Aberdeen? Start him on Sunday and next Thursday.
Understand your point, but away to aberdeen needs to be our best team regardless of cup final on sunday, also fredos never been injured, hes no startin this week wee mans a warrior

Think I'd give Davis a break on this one.He needs as much in his legs on Sunday as possible.when you listen to the Sheep they are going hell for leather as usual against us on Wednesday and there is going to be a lot going on in the dirty tricks department here.

Morelos’ movement in the last few Aberdeen games have been the difference in us securing dominant wins rather than banana skin results of last season. When he comes deep, their man marking system doesn’t know how to react and they are all over the place and in my opinion he is absolutely crucial on Wednesday night.

Big big worry they try get Morelos sent off!

Wish we could leave him back home and go with Defoe but personally think we need the wee man to get us the win

Reall really trusting that Alfie doesn’t get sucked in by their snyde tricks. I wasn’t impressed wi his wee nibbleat Hamilton. He’s generally been a different animal this season, he needs to keep that up.

Alf is as strong as .... well a buffalo. He ain’t injury prone so short of an all out assault I’m not over worried about that. If we can get a good lead SG is gonna have him in a hot bath as soon as.

I’d definitely be starting wi him tho. Talisman and monster goal threat. You don’t have players like that anywhere but on the pitch.

What say FF after today then?

For me, I think I’d go as follows;

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Barisic
Jack Davis Kamara
Stewart Kent
Morelos

Toyed with the idea of leaving Arfield in there but I think he was better today dropped into the CM position and I’d go with those 3 for Wednesday. There’s every chance I’d have Arfield back in there for next Sunday.
It's currently out best team

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Jack
Arfield
Davis

Kent
Morelos
Stewart

That's what I'd go with. Arfield offers more than Aribo for me, and his aggression and energy will be important in the midfield.

I'd rest Kamara as he's a cert to play against the poets and YB.

Stewart deserves a start in ahead of Ojo.

This is a very tough match. We know Aberdeen are a poor side just now, but historically going to Pittodrie is never easy. We need to be on top form to get a win.

Reall really trusting that Alfie doesn’t get sucked in by their snyde tricks. I wasn’t impressed wi his wee nibbleat Hamilton. He’s generally been a different animal this season, he needs to keep that up.

Alf is as strong as .... well a buffalo. He ain’t injury prone so short of an all out assault I’m not over worried about that. If we can get a good lead SG is gonna have him in a hot bath as soon as.

I’d definitely be starting wi him tho. Talisman and monster goal threat. You don’t have players like that anywhere but on the pitch.

See that incident at Hamilton though, it's been completely overegged. There was a couple of wee digs and kick outs by players on Sunday with no punishment whatsoever. Alfies "kick" wasn't even the worst off the ball incident of the game!

There are more important games than LC final. It would be amazing to win it, obviously, but qualification for the group stage in Europe was a more important achievement.

See that incident at Hamilton though, it's been completely overegged. There was a couple of wee digs and kick outs by players on Sunday with no punishment whatsoever. Alfies "kick" wasn't even the worst off the ball incident of the game!

I agree wi what you say but Alfie’s a special case, under constant scrutiny.

That chunt McKenna got him binned twice last year and the second time I didn’t think Alfie did much wrong.

‘Do we know who the ref is. One or two of them get sexual satisfaction from carding him.

Alfie can get his kicks from banging a couple in.

wouldn't mind a bit of pace maybe Barker alongside Morelos and Kent

Bakers shown no pace so far for me . I wouldn’t play him just now even ahead of Ojo .

I think some criticism of Ojo is understandable but I think he does work hard .

There are more important games than LC final. It would be amazing to win it, obviously, but qualification for the group stage in Europe was a more important achievement.

I disagree .

I’d take a win on Sunday over pumping young boys on Thursday , surely silverware is more important than one more extra round in Europe ?

I disagree .

I’d take a win on Sunday over pumping young boys on Thursday , surely silverware is more important than one more extra round in Europe ?

Sorry, you've picked me up wrong.

Although silverware is obviously what our clubs about. Qualifying for this years group stage was more beneficial to the club than winning the League Cup.

Basically what I'm saying is that the board will judge Gerrard more on making the group stage than what happens on Sunday.

I agree wi what you say but Alfie’s a special case, under constant scrutiny.

That chunt McKenna got him binned twice last year and the second time I didn’t think Alfie did much wrong.

‘Do we know who the ref is. One or two of them get sexual satisfaction from carding him.

Alfie can get his kicks from banging a couple in.

I agree with you there mate.

Really hope the Sheep capitulate like they did against the mentally challengeds.

Be great to take Morelos and Kent off at half time.

Really hope the Sheep capitulate like they did against the mentally challengeds.

Be great to take Morelos and Kent off at half time.

there’s little to no chance of that happening mate they didn’t try a leg v they mob they will run through brick walls in this game

I hope Gerrard calls for protection of our balk players Beaton is the red and he usually doesn’t punish anything physical

there’s little to no chance of that happening mate they didn’t try a leg v they mob they will run through brick walls in this game

I hope Gerrard calls for protection of our balk players Beaton is the red and he usually doesn’t punish anything physical

Agreed, looking after Borna and Katic, post-war, is in our DNA.

What scares me about this game is if we win but had the likes of Morelos sent off, the sheep fans would see it as some kind of victory. McInnes knows this.

Would expect a similar type of game to the one against Hearts at Tynecastle a few weeks back. Aberdeen will come out of the traps like their very lives are dependent on taking points off us.

Horrible week in terms of having to wait for two massive matches. Yesterday and today couldn't have gone any slower.

Adrenaline kicking in already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back