Team for Feyenoord

You're dropping Goldson for Helander?

Why mate?

I wouldn't change any of our central defenders, but if I was, it would be Katic dropping out.

He was very poor yesterday, but like I say I wouldn't be changing them.

No chance Kamara will be playing off the striker either.

I do rate Goldson but just feel like he has been a bit sub-par last few games and would like to see what Helander is all about, the pedigree of the lad surely means that big euro games are where we would expect him to shine (altthough appreciate it would be a big call given he's rarely played for us so far). Would also be harsh to drop Katic again and could dent his confidence.

And aye, Kamara in advanced role is a long shot but it seems to work for Finland and just figured worth a try given we're fairly limited in attacking options.

I never call a team right in advance though so guaranteed I'm way off with this.

McGregor

Tavernier
Barisic
Goldson
Katic

Davis
Aribo
Kamara

Arfield
Ojo
Morelos

Is what I think he will go for.

I’d like to see King, Helander and now Barker (seeing Kent is injured) given more game time though

Shagger
Tav Goldson Katic halliday
Kamara Davis Aribo
Ojo Barker
Morelos

Agree Goldson has been off form but even off form he’s still stable. Don’t see this as being the game to put Helander in. And his game style is also very similar to Katic. Not sure who holds back if both Helander and Katic are playing.

Before the season started, I predicted that as being our first choice midfield 3 as I didn’t see Jack doing well box to box. Jack has impressed me more than I expected but see nothing worrying about playing my original preferred 3. Aribo has been a little off form but has also been out of position in a few games. He’s also a very effective tackler and I can see him playing a more withdrawn role like he did against Legia

Up front, Morelos has to start, especially with injuries elsewhere. We may struggle to push the ball forwards so we need our talisman to hold it for us. Not a chance Defoe plays. It’s just not a game for his skill set.

Out wide, Barker has to start if fit. It is a game where we will get to play on the counter and that suits him perfectly. On the other side, both Arfield and Ojo have been off form. Hard to choose. Ojo is perhaps more suited to counter attack but, even off form, Arfield’s vision can occasionally open the opposition with one pass. I went for Ojo though can see the argument for Arfield. Stewart just isn’t good enough for a game like this, or at least not on right wing. If he plays, he’s a second striker and don’t see us playing like that against Feyenoord.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Katic
Barisic

Jack
Aribo
Davis

Arfield
Morelos
Ojo

Is the team I think he will pick.

Presuming Jack is fit.

Greegs, Tav, Edmundson, Helander, Barisic, Kamara, King, Davis, Aribo, Defoe, Ojo

Ojo and Aribo to get up and support.

Something like that. No more injuries hopefully. League is way more important and I can't see us getting out of the group. Also, we can't risk more injuries.

Helender coming in to the team wouldnt worry me, and probably needed. He is our most experienced centre half.

Serie A regular
Champions league experience
Swedish internationlist

Greegs, Tav, Edmundson, Helander, Barisic, Kamara, King, Davis, Aribo, Defoe, Ojo

Ojo and Aribo to get up and support.

Something like that. No more injuries hopefully. League is way more important and I can't see us getting out of the group. Also, we can't risk more injuries.
If we were to go with the same front 3 as the mentally challenged game we'd as well we asking 8 others from the stands to make up the rest. Not sure of the UEFA rules on that of course....

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Katic
Helander
Barisic

Aribo
Kamara
Jack

Morelos
Defoe

3-5-2

Try something different we have nothing to loose might just strike gold and have something up our sleeves going forward if we have the lead Defoe could go off for Arfield and Davis doesn't look sharp but bring him on late on fresh with his experience could be vital with Ojo and Barker as wide options if we need to change it .

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Katic
Barisic

Jack
Aribo
Davis

Arfield
Morelos
Ojo

Is the team I think he will pick.

Presuming Jack is fit.
That will be the team if jack is fit...

Barker is not yet properly conditioned and would end up breaking down like Kent which is something we can ill afford with Jones/Kent out for next 5/6 weeks at least... helander id imagine is in a similar boat and we might see him play against st Johnstone next weekend to utilise the squad and get him some game time.

Is Tav fit? He pulled up towards end of Saturday's game, holding his calf. Spent the last five minutes wide right, with King covering. Massive if he is out, as Polster is not in the squad. Not sure who covers.

I think this may be the first time we can pretty much guarantee before hand what the team will be.

If it's not, McGregor, tav, Goldson, Katic, Barisic, Kamara, Davis, Aribo, Arfield, Ojo, Morelos, I'd be amazed.

Can see it being 0-0,i think we will keep it tight

I think this may be the first time we can pretty much guarantee before hand what the team will be.

If it's not, McGregor, tav, Goldson, Katic, Barisic, Kamara, Davis, Aribo, Arfield, Ojo, Morelos, I'd be amazed.

Can see it being 0-0,i think we will keep it tight

The only real question mark is whether Jack is fit/risked to take Kamara’s place in that line-up. Otherwise I’d say it’s correct.

I don't think Barker is ready for 90 minutes yet. He was only supposed to get 30 on Saturday, but hopefully we'll see him play some part at least.

I think it'd be mental to split up our centre backs now tbh. They started the season well and aye fair enough there's been the odd mistake here or there but for the most part they've been solid.

Throwing Helander into a big game like that could quite easily backfire.

I think it'd be mental to split up our centre backs now tbh. They started the season well and aye fair enough there's been the odd mistake here or there but for the most part they've been solid.

Throwing Helander into a big game like that could quite easily backfire.
You speak a lot of sense.

Goldson/Katic hasn't been perfect but if Helander starts alongside Goldson for eg. and we suffer a bad defeat I doubt we'd see much of the big Swede in the next few months and he'd be seen as the Grezda of the back 4.

Think he only gets a run of games due to injury or suspension.

I think we might see;
McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barasic
Jack Davis Kamara
Ojo Morelos Arfield

Any three out of; King,Aribo,Defoe and Barker possibly off the bench.

As MU suggested,I think we might see Helander on Sunday along with a few others switched also.

My team would be;

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Jack (Davis)
Aribo
Kamara

Arfield
Morelos
Ojo

You don’t assemble a squad with the depth we have to then only make changes due to injury/suspension etc

McGregor

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic

King Davis Kamara

Arfield Defoe Ojo

We can't keep playing Goldson and Katic I think he has to change it Thursday. Hellander to come in.

Back