Team for Lyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't play Goldson, Bassey or Borna, we are short im defence as it is without any of them picking up an injury.

Don't mind who we play in defence on Thursday just too risky getting anymore injuries there at the minute
I've championed rotation on this thread but those 3 are probably the only ones we can't rotate. We'd need to play boys and would be in danger on taking an absolute doing.

Agree with opening posters team but McCrorie for McLaughlin as I don't believe McLaughlin is in the European squad.

McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Lundstrum
Jack
Bacuna

Wright
Roofe
Kent

Not much u can change with the defence with the availability. Hearing Sakala is a booking away from a suspension or he’d of got in ahead of Kent

I’d go for Wright Sakala and Morelos for front 3. Lundstram, Bacuna and Jack in midfield. Patterson at RB, Goldson, King Cbs and Bassey at LB. McLaughlin in goal.

I would drop morelos & sakala who are both a yellow card away from missing the play off round, pity we couldn’t play alegria or weston not sure if they are in uefa squad list , perfect game to give young lads a game and see how they do against quality opponents.

I would drop morelos & sakala who are both a yellow card away from missing the play off round, pity we couldn’t play alegria or weston not sure if they are in uefa squad list , perfect game to give young lads a game and see how they do against quality opponents.
That is a factor yes thanks for highlighting it.

Aye, the two players you mentioned don’t qualify for the B List mate.

What is everyone thinking about the starting lineup on Thursday.

I think we will use the opportunity to give a few players minutes.

I would go.

McLaughlin

Bassey
Balogun
Goldson
Patterson

Jack
Lundstram
Baccuna

Sakala
Roofe
Wright

Would rest Tav, Borna, Alfie, Kent, Davis, Kamara, Aribo, Arfield, and McGregor and take the B team for the subs.

In a perfect world we would be able to rest Goldson but don't see how we can.
what no Bradon Barker? Surely its his time to shine....

Patterson, Baccuna, Fashion and Roofe all to play 90 mins. Thats what Im looking for.

Jacko to start and see how far he gets. The game should be more his temp rather than the barney that awaits vs Hearts. Id start him Thursday and regardless of what happens give him a rest this weekend.

What is everyone thinking about the starting lineup on Thursday.

I think we will use the opportunity to give a few players minutes.

I would go.

McLaughlin

Bassey
Balogun
Goldson
Patterson

Jack
Lundstram
Baccuna

Sakala
Roofe
Wright

Would rest Tav, Borna, Alfie, Kent, Davis, Kamara, Aribo, Arfield, and McGregor and take the B team for the subs.

In a perfect world we would be able to rest Goldson but don't see how we can.
Happy with that team OP. Hearts at weekend is by far the more important game.

McClaughlin is NOT in the European squad so can’t play.

I’d continue with Shagger for consistency because it seems to have helped his form.

McGregor
Patterson Goldson Balogun Bassey
Lundstram Jack
Bacuna
Sakala Morelos Kent

Edit: seen I’ve been corrected on the keeper point, must have been confused about the covid absence earlier this year. Anyway I would persist would Shagger because for me it’s no coincidence that his poor form early in the season occurred when Gerrard was rotating him in and out the team
Got to be someone we can play instead of Goldson.
He gets injured we’re fecked.

McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Lundstrum
Jack
Bacuna

Wright
Roofe
Kent

Not much u can change with the defence with the availability. Hearing Sakala is a booking away from a suspension or he’d of got in ahead of Kent
Kent for a dead rubber hopefully not.

I'd leave any players who are going to start against Hearts back in Glasgow if possible. Difficult with the injuries in central defence so I doubt we will be able to rest Goldson or Bassey.

McLaughlin
Patterson
Goldson
Bassey
Fraser
Lundstram
Jack
Bacuna
Wright
Roofe
Sakala

McCrorie
King
McClelland
Lowry
Kelly
McKee
Ure

That would leave

McGregor, Tav, Barisic, Davis, Kamara, Arfield, Aribo, Hagi, Kent and Morelos back home to rest and be fresh for Hearts on Sunday

Got to be someone we can play instead of Goldson.
He gets injured we’re fecked.
I don’t think there really is anyone mate apart from Leon King and I wouldn’t want to see that. I don’t really have any concerns about Goldson anyway, the guy is totally solid. Plays every game without so much as a niggle.

I don’t think there really is anyone mate apart from Leon King and I wouldn’t want to see that. I don’t really have any concerns about Goldson anyway, the guy is totally solid. Plays every game without so much as a niggle.
100% not worth the risk.
Especially with Sunday coming up.

A win on Thursday is worth as much as the difference between finishing 1st and 2nd in the league. It would also go along in ensuring automatic CL qualification for next year’s league winners too.

It isn’t the complete dead rubber some are taking it for. Every game in Europe is important for a club like ours.

Rest a few, but maybe do most of the changing through substitutions.

The same young lads who got battered by Cove Rangers? God only knows what a Lyon B team would do to them lol. I'm all for giving youth a chance but those players are light years away from operating at this level.

The same young lads who got battered by Cove Rangers? God only knows what a Lyon B team would do to them lol. I'm all for giving youth a chance but those players are light years away from operating at this level.
How many other dead rubber games are we going to have ? Its a no risk game and we would get to see if the young lads have what it takes

How many other dead rubber games are we going to have ? Its a no risk game and we would get to see if the young lads have what it takes

If we want to get some of the youth Involved we have Stirling Albion in Jan. We will learn absolutely nothing watching the youngsters get destroyed by a quality team like Lyon nor will it do them any good whatsoever either.

Given that GvB has changed the way the full backs are set up and has got McGregor now coming out for crosses I just wonder if he will leave the back 5 alone? I would quite like to see Roofe and Sakala playing together but recognise that Alfredo has been immense in away Euro matches.

Given that GvB has changed the way the full backs are set up and has got McGregor now coming out for crosses I just wonder if he will leave the back 5 alone? I would quite like to see Roofe and Sakala playing together but recognise that Alfredo has been immense in away Euro matches.
when did that happen? I must've missed it. I saw him come to the edge of his 6 yard box to punch a couple. I'm still shaking from the fear

________________McGregor

Patterson___Goldson___Balogun____Bassey

__________Jack______Lundstram

Wright_________Bacuna___________Sakala

________________Roofe

I'd rest everyone bar McGregor, Goldson & Bassey.

A win on Thursday is worth as much as the difference between finishing 1st and 2nd in the league. It would also go along in ensuring automatic CL qualification for next year’s league winners too.

It isn’t the complete dead rubber some are taking it for. Every game in Europe is important for a club like ours.

Rest a few, but maybe do most of the changing through substitutions.
Not really when 1st will 99% get direct CL access and 2nd likely won't make CL at all

I would rest McGregor, Goldson, Tav, the whole of the midfield and forward line for Sunday. No point Sakala & Alfie being risked at all due to a booking meaning they miss the next game.

McLaughlin
Patterson
Bassey
Balugun
Borna
Davis
Jack
Lundstrum
Bacuna
Roofe
Wright

We have a squad good enough to rest players, and win the game IMO.

McLaughlin

Patterson Goldson Bassey Borna

Jack Lundstram Bacuna

Wright Roofe Sakala

The B team are playing tomorrow in the YCL, but hopefully a couple of the guys on the B list will be on the bench for our game like McClelland/King/Lowry/Devine.
Perhaps....if they do the same and play all their 2nd string.

H&H apparently claiming Fashion not playing Thursday?

Given hes not going to start Sunday that seems an odd one. Forwards rarely get booked and hes not an aggressive player so seems a very low risk gamble to play him.

Rest as many as possible as there isn't time for rest from sunday through to 2nd January.

Just give a respectable account of ourselves and all attention on Tynecastle

According to Talksport news reports today it's not a dead rubber at all as we still need a point to qualify. God knows who does the research on these programmes but it's shocking.

Heard that last night, embarrassing stuff from Talksport. Lost interest in us since Gerrard has left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back