Team For The Europa League Final?

We started Roofe ,Ramsey and Balogun against the filth at home when we lost a few weeks ago and we were found wanting so none of them should start , though they all may have a big part to play at some point the morra.

Tomorrows starting 11 is.

McGregor
Tav, Goldson, Balogun, Bassey.
Jack, Lundstram, Kamara.
Aribo, Roofe, Kent.

That's what the realGio said on Facebook so I'm taking it as Gospel :p

It's been tradition throughout this tournament that Gio's line up will have at least one big decision which I'm looking at thinking WTF is he playing at there. Said player then goes on to have a blinder, we record a famous result and I end up looking like a fanny.

More of the same tomorrow please.

It's been tradition throughout this tournament that Gio's line up will have at least one big decision which I'm looking at thinking WTF is he playing at there. Said player then goes on to have a blinder, we record a famous result and I end up looking like a fanny.

More of the same tomorrow please.

Ramsey.

Ramsey is a big game player. He was meant for games like this. No offence to Scott Wright but Ramsey is on another level.

After changing my mind a million times, I’d go with:

Kent Roofe Aribo
Kamara Lundstram Jack
Barašic Bassey Goldson Tavernier
McGregor

If Roofe doesn’t make it, Wright to come in and go on the right, with Aribo moving to the centre.

Can't believe you went to all that trouble to get those letters right then spell it wrong :))

McGregor

Tav - Goldson - Lundstrum - Bassey - Barisic

Jack - Kamara

Ramsey - Aribo - Kent

Anyone else think this is how we will start?
Back 3 with Lundstrum - and FBs supporting forwards. Jack just in front of Back 3, mopping up and controlling passes. Kamara pushing forward and Aribo in False 9 role. With Kent coming off the left and Ramsey on the right. Possibly interchangeable.

I think this is how it will go. Gives flexibility in midfield. Only possible change that Gio May go with is starting Wright instead of Ramsey. Personally would not be starting Roofe. Just not had enough minutes - but a good option from the bench along with Fashion..

Thoughts bears?
Yes that’s the team but only change I see is Wright starting over Ramsey.

Honestly.before the SF2nd leg i had my doubts, but since then i'd start with Wright.
Roofe doesnt do enough to bring others in. With Wright , others come forward to pick up the pieces.

Mcgregor

Tav
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Jack
Lundstram
Kamara

Ramsey
Aribo
Kent

Wright has the pace but we can’t have a World class player sitting on the bench. This is the most important game in my lifetime.

I would be very surprised if Ramsey or Roofe start. Surprised so many think they will, I thought it was obvious GVB will be going with the Leipzig 11.

Same team that started against Leipzig at Ibrox. Frankfurt aren't exactly the same as Leipzig but there seems to be some similarities in how they play and both being better on the counter than they are when dominating the ball. The space down the flanks is there and if you need a goal later in the game you have Roofe, Ramsey and Arfield on the bench.

Difficult to argue with that.

I've been giving Wright pelters on here for weeks. He was gash in the first leg vs. Red Bull. But his lay off for Kamara to get our 2nd in the Ibrox leg has maybe thrown him a wee lifeline.

I'd have him on the bench.
He has improved dramatically under Gio but still looks out his depth in Europe. I think his work-rate may still get him a start over Ramsay and Sakala.

Can’t see Roofe starting after so long out, option off the bench. His story at Rangers so far is looking rusty after injury, plays enough games to look like a player out with our budget then he gets injured again and we start over.

……………..McGregor

Tavernier Goldson Bassey Barisic

………Jack Kamara Lundstram
… Aribo ……..Roofe………….Kent

Subs that will definitely be used
- Ramsey on for Jack after 60 minutes
- Sakala on for Roofe after 65 minutes
- Arfield on for Aribo after 65 minutes
- Davis on for Kamara after 75 minutes
- Wright on for Kent after 85 minutes
Other subs to be used in emergency
- 2 spare goal keepers
- Sands
- Balogun
- Lowry
- Diallo
- Itten

Diallo might make an impact i think he will play a part. I thought he was finished but hes done himself proud the last few games hes featured. Whatever the line up is i want to see 11 warriors on that pitch tomorrow

I’m convinced it’ll be your second one. I just can’t see Roofe starting the game without getting any minutes over the last few weeks.

I’m concerned about Wright. He was out of his depth in the away game against RB. Couldn’t hold onto the ball and constantly lost possession.
Balogun won’t start.

If he does then I think Gio might have an eye on Kostic and will want Wright to track back and help Tav when needed.
I'd be inclined to start Kent on the right to help Tav with Kostic. His defensive running is sublime and his attacking threat could pin Kostic back a bit.

Back