Team for Tynecastle

McGregor
Tav Goldson Edmundson Barasic
Jack. Davis. Arfield
Hagi
Morelos. Stewart

Controversial given last night but things need to change domestically. Gerrard needs to learn from his own assessment of Braga ala “we were prepared to let their back 5 have the ball as they are the least dangerous on the park”. Teams let our defence piss about with the ball hurting no one too much.

McGregor
Jack. Davis. Arfield
Hagi
Morelos. Stewart

Controversial given last night but things need to change domestically. Gerrard needs to learn from his own assessment of Braga ala “we were prepared to let their back 5 have the ball as they are the least dangerous on the park”. Teams let our defence piss about with the ball hurting no one too much.
Agreed

McGregor
Jack. Davis. Arfield
Hagi
Morelos. Stewart

Harsh on Aribo

Push Hagi into Stewart position there and get Aribo in the side?

Presume they're going to sit in again so I'd play same team but with Morelos for Kamberi and Aribo for Davis.

Its mental the amount of folk wanting an ineligible player playing on Saturday :D

Must be about the 6th thread asking if Morelos should be dropped for Kamberi. Seems everyones forgetting what Alfredos done for us this season.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Edmundson Barišić
Davis Jack Arfield
Hagi Morelos Kent
I think this is how we line up on Saturday.

Not sure Hearts know how to play football let alone become a defensive outfit. If they try to be more attack minded - like the last game - then we should be absolutely destroying them.

Absolutely no excuses for not coming flying out the traps and giving them the run around.

My dad calls Kamberi 'Canberra'. That's got little to do with this thread but I said it anyway as I've a rare day off today and at a loss as to what to do.

My old man refers to Kamara as Camaro. Baffling as he’s not even aware that a Camaro is a car so no idea where he’s got it from.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Edmundson Barisic
Jack Davis Arfield
Aribo Kent
Morelos

4-2-3-1 with Kent and aribo on wings and Hagi occupying the number 10 role on his own.

I'd like to see this but I feel that Jack and Davis as the 2 in midfield wouldn't get the help they need from the forwards. That extra midfielder (Arfield) just gives a little more solidity, maybe until we are comfortably winning! They may be crap this year but Hearts will go at us after winning there before. In fact that might just be what we need to get at them.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Edmundson Barišić
Davis Jack Arfield
Hagi Morelos Kent
I think this is how we line up on Saturday.

Not sure Hearts know how to play football let alone become a defensive outfit. If they try to be more attack minded - like the last game - then we should be absolutely destroying them.

Absolutely no excuses for not coming flying out the traps and giving them the run around.
I agree.

My team would be...

McGregor

Borna
Edmundson
Goldson
Tav

Jack
Davis

Aribo
Hagi
Kent

Morelos

4-2-3-1

Main reason for the formation is that i really want to see Hagi in his best position.

I think he would be excellent centrally just behind a striker with Kent and Aribo either side of him.

Last edited:
Will likely be the same 11 as last night I’d imagine + Morelos, maybe some shuffling in the midfield 3 but other than that last night’s team is the strongest available I’d say

My team would be...

McGregor

Borna
Edmundson
Goldson
Tav

Jack
Davis

Aribo
Hagi
Kent

Morelos

4-2-3-1

Main reason for the formation is that i really want to see Hagi in his best position.

I think he would be excellent centrally just behind a striker with Kent and Aribo either side of him.

You're dropping Arfield for an absolute battle of a game?

Jack, Davis and Arfield are absolute certs to start mate.

Same again with Morelos in for Kamberi. Edmundson has the jersey now it’s his to lose! Can’t be dropped after that performance last night

Given the showing on Wednesday does this mean no changes to the starting line up?

Might be controversial but I would give Kamberi a run from the start and Alfie on the bench.

Thoughts
I agree, I think we should go with the flo.. I'll get my coat. Hopefully we play the same,no weaknesses . Think he'll go with the same back four. Alfie should be on the bench til he loses a bit of weight. Same again lads

We shouldn’t be lulled into the false sense of security that a great European result gives us.

We’ve learned time and time again that spl level football is a completely different kettle of fish.

who knows who will start.

Assuming everyone is fit then I would go again with the same team apart from Morelos back in. I hope we go to Tynecastle and play the way we can and not fall into the trap of it’s a small pitch so let’s just boot it up front. McGregor was the worse for that last time we were there.

I said before Wednesday night the manager earned the right to play whatever team and formation he saw fit.

1. His record in Europe is phenomenal.
2. Braga weren't gonna sit in 10/11 men behind the ball and say go break us down the way Scottish teams do. It's an entirely different problem to solve in Europe.

However, if Gerrard goes 433 Hagi and Kent off Morelos and perm 3 from Jack, Davis, Aribo, Arfield, Kamara then someone in the staff really needs to have a word with the manager.

We've seen that same game about ten times through Jan and Feb and its absolutely shocking.

I wouldnt need to watch the game this weekend. Pull out a video of any of the shocking matches in 2020 as it's the same terrible shti show everytime. It would be painful to watch.

If last week showed anything it proved we have to try something new. We won the period where had 2 strikers on 2-1.

I didnt know Kamberi was cup tied.

But we have to try a different system domestically and 2 up top.

Last edited:
Didn't realise Kamberi was cup tied, morelos in then.
I would bring Aribo in for Hagi just for the physical side of it and introduce Hagi when the game opens up a bit more.

The 4-3-3 which works in Europe doesn’t work domestically. We’ve been rumbled by the diddy teams. We need a different shape. 5-3-2 or even 3-4-3 or even 4-4-2. Anything but 4-3-3 where we’ll fall straight back into our first half St Johnstone mode.

Back