Team for Vienna?

DC23

Official Ticketer
Understood the games still 4 days away but after todays performance who would you reward a starting place to this thursday? Im going with..

Shagger
Tav Goldson Mccauley barisic
Jack arfeild coulibally
Candeias morelos grezda

After today I would make wholesale changes.

Mcgregor

Tav Mcaulay Katic Barisic
Mcrorie
Coulibaly

Candeias
Arfield
Lafferty

Morelos

Too fuxxed off to go into detail. If you disagree then fair enough.

Anyone
I actually think it would benefit us not progressing. We've played the most games out of all the teams.... I think a lit of the last few performances has been more about legs and too many rotations.
Let's get business straight, the league is more important.
Its been a great ride - but we have to step it up domestically and right now Europe is a distraction

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic barisic
Jack arfield Ejaria
Candeias morelos Kent (if fit) if not Grezda

Would be my team.

I would play some young boys, give them some European experience, and get back to concentring on the domestic games with a settled team, qualifying on Thursday would be bad result if we want to win anything this season

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic barisic
Jack arfield Ejaria
Candeias morelos Kent (if fit) if not Grezda

Would be my team.

Agreed but I would go with Grezda (as Kent probably not 100% fit) and Grezda possibly more Eastern European Savvy ?
Otherwise totally agree !

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Worrall Halliday
Grezda Arfield Coulibaly Middleton Kent
Morelos

We absolutely have to win.
We should line up as attacking as possible.

Anyone
I actually think it would benefit us not progressing. We've played the most games out of all the teams.... I think a lit of the last few performances has been more about legs and too many rotations.
Its been a great ride - but we have to step it up domestically and right now Europe is a distraction
I understand what you are saying but the Europa League will not be as demanding going forward so I hope we give it a go Thursday. We have a decently big squad so let's use it !

Kent Morelos Grezda
Arfield Jack Coulibaly
Barišić Katić Goldson Tavernier
McGregor

And then I’d be taking Goldson out of the side for a couple of games.

People actually wanting Grezda starting. He’s fucking hopeless. Waste of a jersey.

I reckon we'll need to throw the kitchen sink at this lot to get anything. I'd like to think we'd raise our game, but after today its going to be more than difficult. ?

I would play some young boys, give them some European experience, and get back to concentring on the domestic games with a settled team, qualifying on Thursday would be bad result if we want to win anything this season

The cash injection if we qualify is important to us. The last 32 games are not until February, we have been through the rigours of qualifying for the group stages, I can't figure why anyone would think qualifying is a 'bad result' from a financial perspective as much as anything.

Anyone
Had these thoughts today,then again a chance for some players to stake a claim.
At the end of the day I think there are more positives if we win.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic
Arfield Jack Kent
Grezda Morelos Middleton.

Anyone
Financially it would be stupid to give up and purely from a club perspective you would want the club to be bigger losers than they've shown the last week. No thanks. We'll likely be out in the first knockout round purely because of the quality of opposition so what's 2 more games going to hurt

I worry about SG's comment about giving players a run out today and going back to the tried and tested, guys he trusts.

For me that means Flanagan, Coulibaly and Ejaria are back. :(

Unless of course its just Arfield and Morelos, but they were enforced changed and not simply giving other guys a run out.

I'd go with:

McGregor
Tavernier / Goldson / Katic / Halliday
Grezda / McCrorie / Arfield / Ejaria / Middleton
Morelos

If we are without Kent and Candieas we should be going 3 at the back

McGregor

Katic McAuley Goldson

Tav McCrorie Arfield Jack Barasic

Morelos lafferty

The cash injection if we qualify is important to us. The last 32 games are not until February, we have been through the rigours of qualifying for the group stages, I can't figure why anyone would think qualifying is a 'bad result' from a financial perspective as much as anything.
Whilst I totally agree financially, I still think we need a good domestic run of games, we can’t loose that winning feeling or we go back to being an average team

Mcgregor
Tav, Goldson, Katic, Barasic
Jack, Arfield, Halliday
Grezda, Morelos, Middleton

I’m genuinely stunned Jack still gets picked in the teams mentioned above.

No doubt people will say he’s suited to this type of game.

I personally don’t think he’s suited to any team that wants to go forward.

Who goes ahead of him then

I’m clutching at straws, I’ll admit, but I think those three have more urgency about their game and would at least try and move the ball forward.
Am not on to have a dig but our midfield are so similar i think that's the problem

Play the Under20s that the way I feel after that performance today. Gutted this will take a few days to wear off

I'm more stunned that some are actually picking Coulibaly.Christ Almighty

So are we better with a "bad Coulibaly " or a"no Coulibaly ".%^*& I'm sounding like Teresa May now.
Hes shown he can be decent but not so much recently

Hes featured in most of our decent performances.

Im not sure any of the central mids from through the week or today have shown much more.

Decisions lol

Back