Team for Wed?

Skoosh1872

Given Tav is suspended and Wilson gone I wonder if it’s a straight swap of Tav for Hodson or if Martin slide out to RB and Fabio comes into the Centre.

Also, do we give young Greg a start?

Goss/ Murphy and Cummings all need games for match fitness.

As for young Alfie, he looked a wee bit jaded today so on one hand maybe he needs a wee rest but I also see benefit of giving him another chance to bang in a few goals.

I’d go for this:
Alnwick
Hodson
Bates
Martin
John
Goss
Docherty
Murphy
Candieas
Morelos
Cummings

Bench
Kelly, Holt, windass, Herrera, cardoso

Only slight issue would be the captaincy. That would have to go to Martin and I’m a wee bit against the idea of a loan player being captain.

Thoughts?

I’d definitely play Halliday and keep Goss fresh for Saturday. Rest Tav and Fod for sure. Give Docherty and Cummings game time. Morelos and Miller (if fit) on the bench for insurance. Happy just to grind this one out.

Test out Morelos and Cummings together, drop windass give him a rest. Docherty instead of holt to give him time to gel with team and also giving holt a rest. I think goss could be doing with a little rest as he looked nackered today so Halliday in. I’d keep back 4 but obviously with tav being suspended it has to be hodson unfortunately unless Martin plays at rb.

Still a pretty strong team tbh.

I’d definitely play Halliday and keep Goss fresh for Saturday. Rest Tav and Fod for sure. Give Docherty and Cummings game time. Morelos and Miller (if fit) on the bench for insurance. Happy just to grind this one out.

Any team we put out should be able to do more than just grind it out!

I would start Cummings, Murphy and Docherty

Hodson didn't make the bench today, i'd try Martin at RB, Bates and Cardoso in the middle, John LB. MF i'd give Halliday a game and make him captain, with Docherty alongside, resting Goss and Holt. Ahead of them go for Murphy and Candeias on the wings with Cummings and Morelos up front. A few youths on the bench that have been playing well for the youth squad and give them game time in the second half if we get a few early goals. Alnwick deserves a chance as I like the idea of playing the back up keeper in cup games like this plus he's done fairly well when called upon. Looks like the 4-4-2 diamond would suit this line up the best and we could always revert to the 4-5-1 that's worked for us the last few games if it isn't doing the business.

Would be tempted to put out a proper reserve team and keep everyone fresh for Hibs and Thistle.

Alnwick

Hodson
Cardoso
A.Wilson
Halliday

Docherty
Borjanas

O'Halloran
Krancjar
Dalcio

Cummings

Would that team have enough in them to get through?

Alnwick
Hodson
Bates
Martin
John

Goss
Docherty
Murphy
Candieas

Morelos
Cummings

Bench
Foderingham, Holt, windass, Herrera, cardoso

Really not keen on playing hodson, but should be fine for this game.

4-4-2 Rest Morelos & Wes.
Shouldn’t be a strenuous night for Murphy & Candeais backtracking much

Alnwick
Hodson
Martin
Bates
John
Candeias
Goss
Halliday
Murphy
Cummings
Herrera

I would play 442

Alnwick

Hodson
Cardoso
Martin
John

Docherty (right)
Halliday
Holt
Murphy

Cummings
Morelos

Goss hasn't played full 90 for a while before joining us and has now played 150 odd mins in the space of a few days. I would give Cummings and Morelos the chance to score a few goals and Docherty can play right like he's done for Accies many of times.

Kelly
Hodson Cardoso A.Wilson John
Atakayi Docherty Goss Halliday
Cummings Herrera

Would be tempted to put out a proper reserve team and keep everyone fresh for Hibs and Thistle.

Alnwick

Hodson
Cardoso
A.Wilson
Halliday

Docherty
Borjanas

O'Halloran
Krancjar
Dalcio

Cummings

Would that team have enough in them to get through?
Probably but I wouldn’t want to take that kind of risk. We really want to win this trophy.

Alnwick
Houston Cardoso A.Wilson John
Atakayi Docherty Halliday Windass
Herrera Cummings

Fraserburgh are Highland League standard and we should be resting some players before the HIVs game next Sat. then Partick on the Tues.

I feel It’s a waste of minutes playing Hodson niko Herrera Dalcio and o’halloran.

Alnwick

Martin
John
Cardoso
Bates

Candeias
Docherty
Halliday
Murphy

Cummings
Morelos

With good run out for baronjas atakayi and A.Wilson

Please god not Hodson. Cardoso needs the game time so move Martin out to right back for sure.

We should be playing a proper two up top against this opposition, let’s give Cummings and Morelos a game together.

How far away is Rossiter? Maybe an appearance from the bench to raise his spirits.

This tie will be tougher than many think, and needs put to bed early unlike today. This is their Cup Final and they'll fight for ever ball.

Wes won't start it will defo be alnwick

Alnwick
Hodson bates cardoso John
Barjonas Holt
Docherty windass Murphy
Cummings

Quite like the idea of trying 3 at the back but with wingers rather than wing backs.
3 defenders should be more than enough for Fraserburgh.

Alnwick
MArtin. Bates. Cardoso
Candieas docherty Goss Halliday Murphy
MOrelos / Cummings

If. Goss needs a rest then Barjonas could replace him.

With tav suspended I think it's a perfect time to try 3-5-2 and see how morelos/cummings work as a pair and if Murphy can play as a 10.

Alnwick

Cardoso Bates Martin

Candeias haliday Docherty john

Murphy

Morelos Cummings

I honestly never want to see Hodson in a Rangers strip ever again. Even against Fraserburgh.

Alnwick
Martin Cardoso Bates John
Candieas Docherty Halliday Murphy
Miller Cummings

Test out Morelos and Cummings together, drop windass give him a rest. Docherty instead of holt to give him time to gel with team and also giving holt a rest. I think goss could be doing with a little rest as he looked nackered today so Halliday in. I’d keep back 4 but obviously with tav being suspended it has to be hodson unfortunately unless Martin plays at rb.

Still a pretty strong team tbh.
Do we really need a recognised RB for this game? maybe Candeais or Holt to fill in, don't see what's to be gained with Hodson.

Given Tav is suspended and Wilson gone I wonder if it’s a straight swap of Tav for Hodson or if Martin slide out to RB and Fabio comes into the Centre.

Also, do we give young Greg a start?

Goss/ Murphy and Cummings all need games for match fitness.

As for young Alfie, he looked a wee bit jaded today so on one hand maybe he needs a wee rest but I also see benefit of giving him another chance to bang in a few goals.

I’d go for this:
Alnwick
Hodson
Bates
Martin
John
Goss
Docherty
Murphy
Candieas
Morelos
Cummings

Bench
Kelly, Holt, windass, Herrera, cardoso

Only slight issue would be the captaincy. That would have to go to Martin and I’m a wee bit against the idea of a loan player being captain.

Thoughts?
I’d go that team but with Martin at RB (I believe he can play full back) and Cardoso instead of Hodson.

Too many people thinking this will be a push over, where as it’s exactly the kind of match recently our players have fucked up by having the wrong attitude.

Play the strongest team available to us while keeping some fresh for the weekend.

I would rest morelos, with cummings getting a full game,and shift Martin out to right back and bring cardoso in.
Fod
Martin bates cardoso John
Dochert Goss
Candaies windass Murphy
Cummings

Back