Team for Wednesday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac9

Firstly what a tragic weekend of football. Having no Rangers game makes it a long weekend. Anyway only 3 more nights until we are back in action against a hopefully dejected Livingston side. I'm going for;

McGregor
Patterson Goldson Helander Barisic
Arfield Davis Kamara
Aribo Morelos Kent

3 more points and another good performance hopefully.

Firstly what a tragic weekend of football. Having no Rangers game makes it a long weekend. Anyway only 3 more nights until we are back in action against a hopefully dejected Livingston side. I'm going for;

McGregor
Arfield Davis Kamara
Aribo Morelos Kent

I’d run with that line-up. Hagi, Wright, Itten, Defoe as good options off the bench. It will be a battle but hopefully the Livi heads will be down after losing today. Rangers to win by a couple.

McGregor
Arfield Davis Kamara
Aribo Morelos Kent

That would be my starting 11

Hopefully Patterson plays, adds pace to the right hand side, Livingston do like to press and play 2nd ball football, expect a tough game.

McGregor
Arfield Davis Kamara
Aribo Morelos Kent

I like Arfield on the right of the midfield three, given Tav & Jack are injured.

Gives us a bit of experience, and, for me, better than having three young players ( Patterson, Aribo, Hagi the alternative ) down our right.

Thats a good team the OP has listed, but I'd possibly be of a mind to give Wright a start & give either Aribo or Kent 35xmins or so off the bench. I think his cameos up to now have shown that 1. he's up to it & 2. he probably deserves a start.

Hopefully go a couple up early on, and then give the likes of Davis, Kent & Morelos a breather for the last 30 mins. Never an easy place to go but their form has dipped and we're looking as good as we have since before Christmas, so I'm confident.

Not sure I’d have Aribo in front of Patterson.

Hard to leave him out right now, but given Patterson’s inexperience and Aribo’s lack of defensive cover, I’d be tempted to go Arfield.

Aribo is decent on the plastic though. Arfield would be a risk given his ankle injury.

McGregor
Arfield Davis Kamara
Aribo Morelos Kent

No way is he changing the front 3.

McGregor
Aribo Davis Kamara
Hagi Morelos Kent
This team for me.
SG told us that Aribo is in midfield when he wants an attacking team.
Front three will go again after last Thursday.
Need a strong performance as this is Livingstone’s cup final. They knew today that they have a big game coming up, on Wednesday.

Scott Wright has a bright future at Rangers but now is not the time to throw him into the starting line up. We haven't played for 6 days and only have 5 games in the next 21 so players should have plenty recovery time between games. Strongest team and get this league won ASAP.

Hopefully Patterson plays, adds pace to the right hand side, Livingston do like to press and play 2nd ball football, expect a tough game.
Hed be first on my team sheet because he earned it and itd annoy a lot of morons. Besides which the SFA are likely to ban him for as long as they can muster so why not give him the game time while we can as hell be needed for Europe.

Thats a good team the OP has listed, but I'd possibly be of a mind to give Wright a start & give either Aribo or Kent 35xmins or so off the bench. I think his cameos up to now have shown that 1. he's up to it & 2. he probably deserves a start.

I agree that's the wright choice

McGregor
Arfield Davis Kamara
Aribo Morelos Kent

Yup happy with that

Not for me, strongest line up every week until the league is won, Wright has been excellent when he has came on but he will get his chance to start once the league has been won and others get a well deserved rest.

For me its the strongest line up we can play and get the league won. In a few weeks we can mix the team up.

League is in the bag. Our whole season in in the europa league. Horrible pitch to overcome first....

McLaughlin
Patterson Goldson Simpson Bassey
Zungu Kamara Aribo
Itten Defoe Wright​

This obviously assuming the covid 3 are available.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's along these lines - not sure about Zungu (generally) - but similar to the way we played at Rugby Park we could play Itten and remove the influence of the pitch where possible by going a bit more direct.

Edit - just saw the full team. I'd be surprised if that many changes but it does show the options available to us just now. Bans pending of course.

McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Arfield
Davis
Aribo

Hagi
Morelos
Kent

I would be happy with the OP's team, although we might decide not to risk Arfield on that shit tip of a pitch.

League is in the bag. Our whole season in in the europa league. Horrible pitch to overcome first....

McLaughlin
Patterson Goldson Simpson Bassey
Zungu Kamara Aribo
Itten Defoe Wright​

This obviously assuming the covid 3 are available.
Strongest team first, then rest when we gat a lead, the last time we played a side like that was against StMirren in the cup.

Strongest team first, then rest when we gat a lead, the last time we played a side like that was against StMirren in the cup.

I hear what your saying mate but we’ve got far higher priorities than this game (more specifically..... that monstrosity of a pitch)

Is it just me that thinks it's an absolute certainty that Patterson will get his ban before Wednesday?

Is Balogun injured ? as the last time at Livi Helander was all over the shop on that surface.

McGregor
Patterson(if he can play if not Balogun right back) , Goldson, Balogun (if he is moved to RB then Hellander) , Barisic

Aribo Davis Kamara
Hagi Morelos Kent

I've failed to correctly predict our starting eleven every game for months, so get your money on this not being the team.

McGregor
Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barisic
Davis
Kamara
Arfield
Hagi
Kent
Morelos

McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Davis
Kamara

Hagi
Aribo
Kent

Morelos

It won't be far off that imo.

McGregor
Arfield Davis Kamara
Aribo Morelos Kent

All depends on the trial. Patterson may be banned by then

I'd like Wright to get a start, maybe a run out for Simpson too.

McGregor

Arfield Davis Aribo

Wright Morelos Kent​

Full strength team for the next 2 games and get us 18 clear with 18 to play. League all but won anyway but with Europe continuing, i want us to remain a cohesive force in the run up to Prague. We can arse about with the team once the league is mathematically over. Need to keep the momentum going until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back