Team for Wednesday night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strongest possible team. This “it’s in the bag, play a second string” nonsense may apply later on - until then, we absolutely need to keep focus on our first priority.

League is in the bag. Our whole season in in the europa league. Horrible pitch to overcome first....

McLaughlin
Patterson Goldson Simpson Bassey
Zungu Kamara Aribo
Itten Defoe Wright​

This obviously assuming the covid 3 are available.
It's not quite in the bag yet and if we start chucking out reserve teams we'll be taking a daft chance.

Strongest team possible until we're over the line IMO

I sometimes wonder what goes through people's heads. B-D

Lifting the europa league trophy (new highest priority)
:shh:

.....now that the league is practically over! ;)

FWIW, I’d have us back to full strength on our own pitch versus St Mirren. I just think that this plastic pitch is a risk that we can afford not to take.

McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Aribo
Davis
Kamara

Hagi
Kent

Morelos

It's not quite in the bag yet and if we start chucking out reserve teams we'll be taking a daft chance.

Strongest team possible until we're over the line IMO

The league is over bud, we’re not going to be caught.
B-D

All I’m suggesting is “using the squad” on a shocker of a pitch since we have the luxury of a huge gap that we can afford to, plus we have other priorities in the europa league. Back to full strength versus st mirren.

Plus Livi are in a honking run of form. The only risk for us is that pitch.

Lifting the europa league trophy (new highest priority)
:shh:

.....now that the league is practically over! ;)

FWIW, I’d have us back to full strength on our own pitch versus St Mirren. I just think that this plastic pitch is a risk that we can afford not to take.
The league is all that matters, let's get that wrapped up first.

Swap Arfield for Aribo and that's the team I would go with. Aribo is wasted in cm.
I think he runs the show in CM against teams that just sit in and make it hard for us. He's definitely given freedom to just get on the ball and try make things happen.

But I agree he shouldn't play there in games where defensive discipline is crucial.

Full strength get the game in the bag make loads of subs at halftime

be an ideal night

The league is over bud, we’re not going to be caught.
B-D

All I’m suggesting is “using the squad” on a shocker of a pitch since we have the luxury of a huge gap that we can afford to, plus we have other priorities in the europa league. Back to full strength versus st mirren.

Plus Livi are in a honking run of form. The only risk for us is that pitch.
Lol I'm in agreement mate, but I'd rather not slip up once or twice and see it run into April.

Not against making some changes but chucking Bassey, Simpson and Zungu in who have barely played, let alone start, is asking for dropped points IMO

Full strength team for me. We haven't played for a week. Keep the momentum and we can start mixing it up once it's all officially done and dusted.

Thats a good team the OP has listed, but I'd possibly be of a mind to give Wright a start & give either Aribo or Kent 35xmins or so off the bench. I think his cameos up to now have shown that 1. he's up to it & 2. he probably deserves a start.
Yeah I liked the OP’s team also but I’d be pushing to start Wright also. Rest Kent on that pitch & bring him on last 30 mins.

The SFA will issue a ban for Patterson 5 minutes before kick off
No mate they will not be issuing any ban. Not this week at least. This was an off-field offence and, as such, not subject to the Fast Track Tribunal process of offering an immediate ban. It will be a regular Disciplinary Tribunal. If, and when, they are cited a Principal Hearing date will be set, probably for two weeks after they are cited. Said Hearing will issue any ban, so our guys will be fine for at least the Livi and St Mirren games.

For example, Jones/Edmundson cited on 4 Nov but not dealt with until 19 Nov.

Aribo wouldn’t be in my starting 11, he unsettles the midfield and if he plays in front 3 he doesn’t press like the others and goes missing for very long spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back