Team for Wednesday?

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katić Barišić
Davis Jack Arfield
Hagi Kent
Kamberi
I don't see any thing other than this, unless Barišić is out. Then Aribo to left back and Kamara in to the midfield.

Your not starting Ojo, Barker, Jones, Defoe (not fit), Stewart, Halliday in a game of this magnitude.

How can you even think about playing katic against a quality side like Braga.
The guys confidence has gone, he couldn't wait to get off the park on Sunday.
He was a nervous wreck the whole game, and there's no way he'll recover in time to play on Wednesday.He need's to be replaced, or he'll get ragged dolled by good players.Sorry to say.omo.

So you're excusing a player for not working for the team because he's not in his favourite position?

It is not about excusing the boy is not a winger. So you are saying he did not try? So you are saying you would play Kamara before Hagi because if you are then i am stunned at your lack of understanding of the game.

So you're excusing a player for not working for the team because he's not in his favourite position?

It is not about excusing the boy is not a winger. So you are saying he did not try? So you are saying you would play Kamara before Hagi because if you are then i am stunned at your lack of understanding of the game.

I want a team who will work when we dont have the ball,which will likely be the case for a good part of the game on Wednesday.
Hagi is no the best when we don't have the ball.

Thought there 5 in midfield dominated our 3. With hagi and kent playing as 10s it meant arfield had to pick up CM and RWB. So i think a 4-2-3-1/4-5-1

mcgregor

tav
Katic
Goldson
Barasic/flanagan

davis
jack
arfield

aribo
Kent

kamberi

love hagi but think we need two wingers that will defend to begin this game. Bit like some of the qualifiers we played.

He was a nervous wreck the whole game, and there's no way he'll recover in time to play on Wednesday.He need's to be replaced, or he'll get ragged dolled by good players.Sorry to say.omo.

Hence, I don't see any thing other than this...

So we play Edmundson ahead of Katić. A player who's made 7 appearances for Rangers and was at fault for a goal whilst looking poor in his last performance only a few weeks ago.

I don't see Gerrard dropping Katić for Edmundson.

McGregor
Arfield Edmundson Jack
Hagi Aribo
Kamberi
This game will be too pacy for Davis .
We’ll have chances in this game as they’ll come at us from the start

McGregor,
Tav, Goldson, Katic, Barisic,
Davis, Arfield, Jack,
Aribo, Kamberi, Hagi.

Davis and Jack covering the full backs, Arfield feeding it into the front 3.

McGregor
Davis Jack Arfield
Hagi Kent
Kamberi
I don't see any thing other than this, unless Barišić is out. Then Aribo to left back and Kamara in to the midfield.

Your not starting Ojo, Barker, Jones, Defoe (not fit), Stewart, Halliday in a game of this magnitude.
You don’t start the inexperienced Edmundson either, I know a Katic has been very poor recently, but Edmundson has zero experience at this level.

I wouldn't play Kent.

He isn't creating, he looks short on confidence and we need players who can protect possession and Aribo and Hagi are better at that.

Davis, Jack and Arfield central.
Hagi and Aribo further forward and drop back to make a solid 5 if under pressure.
Kamberi up top.
He will play Kent who was one of our better players on Sunday and he always goes for pace away from home.

I want a team who will work when we dont have the ball,which will likely be the case for a good part of the game on Wednesday.
Hagi is no the best when we don't have the ball.

For me that is why i would play 4-5-1. Kent on the right Aribo on the left, Hagi in the center as the No10 with Jack and Davis either side. Braga's left back looked their poorest, least mobile and slowest player and Kent could give him a torrid time cutting in. Our midfield would be competitive and Kamberi would be able to hold the ball up for an advancing Hagi.

It's about playing a system that gets the best out of the players playing in their normal positions. It's just how i see the game but know it's not how our manager will see it.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Katic
Edmundson
Barisic

Jack
Davis
Aribo

Hagi

Kamberi

Subs: Foderingham,Arfield,Kamara,Ojo,Stewart,Halliday,
Mebude

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barisic
Jack Davis Arfield
Hagi Kent
Kamberi

I reckon he will let Katic atone for his mistakes as long as his head hasn’t gone completely. Barisic needs to be back.
Only reason I have Kent ahead of Aribo is for pace

Mate you can’t just single out Kent and Davis?
They were the two the op left out of his team who I think will start mate,not a case of singling anyone out on my part.

There’s more than two players playing well short of anything like they’re capable of at the moment.

Katic is at his best as a backs to wall defender, when the team is under pressure.

This is his sort of game.

His achilles heel is when there's space in behind him and his lack of pace is exposed.

He's a better option than Edmundson for me on Wednesday.

Reactions: cav
Edmondson and Polster thrown in at the deep end without hardly kicking a ball??

This place is mental

Agree with you that neither should start but I do not think it is mental to discuss options. Katic, albeit he is a warrior and never hides, has become a bombscare. His mistakes are getting to be of Bert Konterman proportions, although he is (generally) good in the air. When he is one on one the fear grips you.

Mcgregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Katic
Barisic (please say he’s fit)
Jack
Arfield
Davis
Aribo
Kamberi
Hagi

tricky not starting kent but aribo and hagi have looked bigger goal threats in recent times , if barasic isn’t fit then I’d probably go for halliday there as although aribo has been fine there he is not used to that position as much as halliday , unless Flanagan comes in from the cold!!!

Katic is at his best as a backs to wall defender, when the team is under pressure.

This is his sort of game.

His achilles heel is when there's space in behind him and his lack of pace is exposed.

He's a better option than Edmundson for me on Wednesday.
Agree mate and he’s one of many badly out of form at the moment,it’s more of a collective failure in the league at present.

This game should suit Katic and Kent more I hope.

Mcgregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Katic
Barisic (please say he’s fit)
Jack
Arfield
Davis
Aribo
Kamberi
Hagi

tricky not starting kent but aribo and hagi have looked bigger goal threats in recent times , if barasic isn’t fit then I’d probably go for halliday there as although aribo has been fine there he is not used to that position as much as halliday , unless Flanagan comes in from the cold!!!

I don't think Flanagan is in our Euro squad.

I'd be tempted to drop Katic for Edmundsen but prepared to take the chance he wants to make up for yesterday. Keep Kent....hes a feckin handful. Kamberi replaces Morelos and Hagi is a must start. The rest pick themselves. I'm hoping Arfield has no ill effects from the sore one he took. Give them all a good kick in the arse and lets go!

Agree mate and he’s one of many badly out of form at the moment,it’s more of a collective failure in the league at present.

This game should suit Katic and Kent more I hope.

I'd start them both @cav .

If Helander was fit he'd be starting for me, but Niko (and Kent) have had some big games previously for us in Europe.

I just hope their confidence isn't shot and they find some form.

Reactions: cav
Totally agree about liking pace, but Kent is so off form his pace is worthless as he keeps doing nothing with the ball.
Maybe he'll play Barker o_O

Kent has been very poor but he did a helluva lot more than Hagi (who has been overall very good) on Sunday. Tavernier could have scored from two of his crosses (one in each half) and he put Kamberi through with a lovely little reverse pass. He also had an excellent shot the keeper parried into a dangerous area but the ball fell to a defender. That is four excellent contributions.
Kent also persistently ran at defenders drawing men, admittedly achieving nothing much of the time but that is a winger's life. Hagi did not even achieve that much on Sunday.
I m not trying to belittle Hagi who has made some outstanding and match winning contributions but I feel for all his poor form Kent still keeps trying and he did four things with the ball on Sunday..

0ECBB5A4-DF14-42E7-ABCF-7736491741AB.jpeg

Shamelessly stolen Heart & Hands format for this...
Edmundson can provide better cover for the two CBs, and also has decent feet from what I’ve seen so may be able to build from the back better.

If he’s playing Katic on Wednesday after that display on Sunday we need to go 3 at the back with 2 wing backs and 1 holding Midfielder imo. But we will see same players in same system nothing will change.

Will no doubt be some interesting selections in this thread based on recent performances. Assuming Barisic is fit, I’d go;

McGregor
Tav Goldson Edmunson Barisic
Arfield Jack Polster
Hagi Aribo
Kamberi

If Barisic doesn’t make it, then Aribo back to LB and Stewart in where he is in the team above.
Davis instead of Polster and are bang on mate

McGregor

Polster
Katic
Goldson
Edmundson
Barisic/Aribo

Jack
Davis
Hagi

Kamberi
Stewart

Doesn’t look anywhere near like Rangers class but neither is Gerrards preferred 11 on current form.

Katic was our best player on the pitch out with Shagger on Weds until Hagi's 2 goals.
Hmm, not sure I agree but I take your point. He still cost us the 2nd goal with his rash ‘I need to try and nick everything’ approach however and then done what he done on Sunday.

It probably will be Katic but I just don’t think it says anything at all for Edmunson if he can’t get game time now.

Hmm, not sure I agree but I take your point. He still cost us the 2nd goal with his rash ‘I need to try and nick everything’ approach however and then done what he done on Sunday.

It probably will be Katic but I just don’t think it says anything at all for Edmunson if he can’t get game time now.

2nd goal technically shouldn't of stood as it was our throw in but get the point.

My preferred line-up;

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barisic (or Aribo)
Davis Jack Kamara
Arfield Kent
Kamberi
Kamara ? really. I dont think that would be fair on the guy after last week.
I’d like us to play a 3-4-1-2 however we won’t we’ll play the same shitey 4-3-3 and get overrun

McGregor
Edmundson Goldson Katic
Tavernier Jack Davis Barasic
Hagi
Kent Kamberi​

Best chance is to hit them on the break with through balls or balls over the top. The 3/5 at the back would hopefully nullify their dominance out wide and kill the space when switching flanks.
I like this (apart from kent - I'd play aribo) but agree we will play boring old 4-3-3 and get a thumping! sorry but I am worried about this game. I really hope SG has a think about his insanity of playing 4-3-3 again. he should be looking at the team that split braga apart and starting with them.

Back