Team for Wednesday?

Kamara ? really. I dont think that would be fair on the guy after last week.

I think GK has started in all of our Europa League games?
Poor game last week, but conditions and the team form played a big part too.
We know he can give a big performance and he'll be fresh. I'd start him, otherwise I fear we'll be overrun in midfield.
Also like the idea of Edmundson starting in a 3.
Going to be a tough game.

Anyone who thinks Kent won’t play is crazy .... Braga play the highest defensive line I’ve ever seen ... we will play balls in behind for Kent and Kamberi to run on to

I’m going to stick my neck out and predict Kent to score !!!

Agreed. There should be opportunities for Kent and Kamberi on the break. We'll need to take one at least I think.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katić Barišić
Davis Jack Arfield
Hagi Kent
Kamberi
I don't see any thing other than this, unless Barišić is out. Then Aribo to left back and Kamara in to the midfield.

Your not starting Ojo, Barker, Jones, Defoe (not fit), Stewart, Halliday in a game of this magnitude.
Tried and tested.
These guys did enough last Thursday night to earn their place to have another crack at this Braga side for me.
Barasic if he is out, could be the biggest miss.

I know, but who is on form? we'll need his energy and ball-winning skills in midfield.
I think Hagi sits this one out, comes on 2nd half if we need a goal.
3 at the back might work with Edmundson too, but maybe not the game to experiment.
I understand what you are saying but has looked lately like a bombscare the lad. I like him and when he is on it like the rest of the squad he looks like a great baller. But for me the squad is struggling and he is the worst midfielder just now based on form and his confidence looks really low

McGregor

Tav Goldson Katic Barisic

Davis Jack Arfield

Hagi Kamberi Aribo

Really cant see Gerrard changing formation so I feel the team should be this.

If he did I would go for;

McGregor

Edmundson Goldson Katic

Tav Jack Arfield Barisic

Hagi Kamberi Aribo

If you'd start Polster ahead of Davis in Braga then things have got more ridiculous on here than ever before.
I think this is part of our problem though. Too many players that are undroppable despite being poor for weeks. Maybe Polster isn’t the answer in midfield, but we need something a bit different in there hence I proposed him.

I think this is part of our problem though. Too many players that are undroppable despite being poor for weeks. Maybe Polster isn’t the answer in midfield, but we need something a bit different in there hence I proposed him.

When you go away from home in Europe, having midfielders being able to retain possession is crucial mate.

We've seen this so often this season, including our last visit to Portugal.

Davis has been outstanding in these games.

Yes, he was poor in 1st half on Thursday, but who wasn't?

He'd an excellent 2nd half though, including a terrific ball for Hagi's 1st goal.

He's a 1st pick away in Europe for me.

Starting Katic, who was a total wreck yesterday, would be even more criminal.

He needs dropped for both the team and himself.
He had a nightmare, but to drop him now would be wrong, he knew he had a bad game, I reckon he will be desperate to put it right and put in a great performance. Lets not forget for most of the season everybody has been singing his praises, many saying he is our best defender.

0ECBB5A4-DF14-42E7-ABCF-7736491741AB.jpeg

Shamelessly stolen Heart & Hands format for this...
Edmundson can provide better cover for the two CBs, and also has decent feet from what I’ve seen so may be able to build from the back better.
This with Davis in for Edmundson. Aribo and Arfield can drop in when we need to win/retain the ball in midfield. Kent as an impact sub when the game is stretched later on.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katić Barišić
Davis Jack Arfield
Hagi Kent
Kamberi
I don't see any thing other than this, unless Barišić is out. Then Aribo to left back and Kamara in to the midfield.

Your not starting Ojo, Barker, Jones, Defoe (not fit), Stewart, Halliday in a game of this magnitude.

I'd agree with that team.

But you never know, Stevie might throw Kamara in to toy with us.

When you go away from home in Europe, having midfielders being able to retain possession is crucial mate.

We've seen this so often this season, including our last visit to Portugal.

Davis has been outstanding in these games.

Yes, he was poor in 1st half on Thursday, but who wasn't?

He'd an excellent 2nd half though, including a terrific ball for Hagi's 1st goal.

He's a 1st pick away in Europe for me.
Fair points. Will be interesting to see what our XI is.

___________McGregor
Tav_____Goldson____Katic____Barisic
__________Jack_____Kamara
___Davis___Hagi_____Arfield
___________Kamberi

Subs: Aribo, Kent to come on in attacking sense.

McGregor

Davis

Jack Hagi Arfield Kent

Kamberi

4-1-4-1 formation with either Davis or jack sitting in front of back 4.

I’d go with

McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Katic
Barisic
Arfield
Jack
Davis
Hagi
Kent
Kamberi

Katic deserves to be dropped but a knockout game away in Europe is not the game you throw Edmundson into. Hopefully the Davis of the first 6 months shows up, he’s one I’ve been very disappointed in, he knows what it’s like to win at rangers but since the winter break he’s been as bad as many. Has looked very old recently

I think SG goes for the team that did well in Dec , gives us a solid 3 in midfield with enough attacking ability to continue to get good results in Europe

tough on Arfield and hagi but styles make fights

mcgregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barisic or Halliday
Davis Kamara jack
Aribo kamberi kent

Surprised at the amount of people sticking Aribo in at LB. Hes not a defender, too lightweight and just not defensively minded. T fine chucking him there, although he wasn’t really at LB, when we’re chasing the game. When we’re under the cosh, which we will be at times on Wednesday, he’ll be lost then we’ll have everyone on this forum complaining about him being shite!

i really think the midfield needs overhauled for this one
last week - Braga countered the high press with dropping players back to make triangles & then incredibly they had success in launching attacks with reduced numbers in midfield as our 3 stood and watched them play

McGregor

Goldson
Edmundson
Katic

Tavernier
Polster
Jack
Aribo

Hagi

Kamberi
Stewart

5-4 Diamond -1

McGregor

Tav
Edmundson
Goldson
Katic
Borna (if fit) Aribo if not.

Davis
Jack
Arfield
Hagi

Kamberi

They play wing backs and wide our 2 need to meet match up give them no space and play through our middle. Hagi at top of diamond to support Kamberi.

I would go 3-5-2 and try and match them on Wednesday. The way we defended on Sunday was laughable and if we perform anything like that Braga will hammer us so we have to try something to try make us more solid. 3 central defenders with Jack & Davis protecting them allows the wing backs 1 on 1 with the Braga wing backs. Then have either Kent or Hagi playing off Kamberi, probably just edge towards Hagi although think this game could suit Kent more on the counter.

Mcgregor

Edmundson
Goldson
Katic

Tav - RWB
Davis
Jack
Arfield
Aribo - LWB

Kent/Hagi

Kamberi

As bad as katic was the other day he's a threat from set plays going forward which could make the difference tomorrow. Any chances we get MUST be taken.

I think SG goes for the team that did well in Dec , gives us a solid 3 in midfield with enough attacking ability to continue to get good results in Europe

tough on Arfield and hagi but styles make fights

mcgregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barisic or Halliday
Davis Kamara jack
Aribo kamberi kent

I know we're in the minority mate, but I also think that Hagi may not start.

We need every player ready to work like %^*& out of possession and we saw on Sunday that's not really his style.

The game totally passed him by.

Your midfield 3 of Jack, Davis and Kamara is the midfield that's got us our biggest results this season and the best possession retaining midfield we have.

Kamara's recent form is my one concern.

i really think the midfield needs overhauled for this one
last week - Braga countered the high press with dropping players back to make triangles & then incredibly they had success in launching attacks with reduced numbers in midfield as our 3 stood and watched them play

McGregor

Goldson
Edmundson
Katic

Tavernier
Polster
Jack
Aribo

Hagi

Kamberi
Stewart

That team would get absolutely pumped mate.

Why change the style that's got us so many big results in Europe and drop top international midfielders for untried alternatives?

Surprised at the amount of people sticking Aribo in at LB. Hes not a defender, too lightweight and just not defensively minded. T fine chucking him there, although he wasn’t really at LB, when we’re chasing the game. When we’re under the cosh, which we will be at times on Wednesday, he’ll be lost then we’ll have everyone on this forum complaining about him being shite!
I'm sure I heard that he was a CB when he was growing up.

This isn't the game to try a new system/formation, but we need to do something....

Or, with the way Braga play, there's going to be goals at both ends, so do we just go for it.

I would throw a gauntlet down and ask certain players to be the real them. I would also look to set up more solid so;

Mcgregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Katic
Barisic

Davis
Jack
Arfield

Hagi
Kembari
Aribo

I know how good Kamara CAN be so would be tempted to play him in middle and push Arfield to the left as he will double up well with our LB and they were getting too much joy in wide areas at Ibrox.

That would be my team as well.

That team would get absolutely pumped mate.

Why change the style that's got us so many big results in Europe and drop top international midfielders for untried alternatives?

because the midfield last week were completely overrun, lacked any positional sense
kamara has been horrific since january & davis has been a shadow of the player we know he is

the centre backs have been all over the place & edmundson would offer protection and more pace

hagi should be given a free role to express himself - two combative midfielders behind him should free that up

because the midfield last week were completely overrun, lacked any positional sense
kamara has been horrific since january & davis has been a shadow of the player we know he is

The midfield got overran 1st half on Thursday because they were outnumbered mate.

2nd half Gerrard changed it and had Tav and Borna pushing right on to their wing backs as soon as they got possession.

We'd the bulk of possession 2nd half and Davis had a very good 2nd 45 minutes, including a great ball for Hagi's 1st goal.

Kamara had a poor game on Thursday, but was MOTM at Hamilton and then wasn't playing when we lost to Kilmarnock and drew with St Johnstone, so h neither him nor Davis have started in the last 2 games where we shipped 5 points.

The midfield got overran 1st half on Thursday because they were outnumbered mate.

2nd half Gerrard changed it and had Tav and Borna pushing right on to their wing backs as soon as they got possession.

We'd the bulk of possession 2nd half and Davis had a very good 2nd 45 minutes, including a great ball for Hagi's 1st goal.

Kamara had a poor game on Thursday, but was MOTM at Hamilton and then wasn't playing when we lost to Kilmarnock and drew with St Johnstone, so h neither him nor Davis have started in the last 2 games where we shipped 5 points.

all about opinions
but dropping points where Kamara hasn't played doesn't make him instantly better
and its not just about form for him - against Braga he caused us a lot of havoc and was lucky not to gift another goal + more unforgivable for me was his trotting about when we needed effort

all about opinions
but dropping points where Kamara hasn't played doesn't make him instantly better
and its not just about form for him - against Braga he caused us a lot of havoc and was lucky not to gift another goal + more unforgivable for me was his trotting about when we needed effort

I agree he was poor last Thursday mate and deserved to be dropped for Sunday.

However, away from home in Europe he's been one of our best players.

Hagi never kicked a ball against Killie or St Johnstone and had it been Ojo this place would've went into meltdown, but look at his contribution at home against Braga and Hibs.

Horses for courses mate.

McGregor
Jack Davis Arfield
Aribo Kamberi Hagi

It’ll likely be

McGregor
Jack Davis Kamara
Hagi Kamberi Kent

For me Jack, Davis and Arfield has to be the midfield 3.

Kamara looks like he could ship a goal every game he plays just now.

I'd personally play Aribo in one of the forward positions to tighten things up.

If Barišić is out it's Aribo at left back for me. Halliday is brutal, no surprise he was hooked at half time on Sunday. Should never be seen in a Rangers shirt again. Flanagan is a better defender.

If Barasic is fit I don’t expect much changes from Gerrard. I think he will go with a midfield of Arfield, Aribo and jack. With Kent hagi and kamberi. Usual back 4. I think that’s a team good enough to do the job.

If Barasic is fit I don’t expect much changes from Gerrard. I think he will go with a midfield of Arfield, Aribo and jack. With Kent hagi and kamberi. Usual back 4. I think that’s a team good enough to do the job.

When it come to European away matches, Davis is the first name on his team sheet mate.

I'll be suprised if Hagi starts.

He's been terrific at Ibrox but absolutely anonymous away from home at Killie and Perth.

When it come to European away matches, Davis is the first name on his team sheet mate.

He's been terrific at Ibrox but absolutely anonymous away from home at Killie and Perth.

Yeah I was thinking the same with Davis, but he’s been very poor the past few games. So is the whole team to be fair. I’m not a big fan of hagi in league games, but he seems to be well suited to European football with his quick touches and interplay. Will be interesting to see the starting 11 tomorrow

Totally different game tomorrow but. Braga need to come out and have a go which will leave space for Hagi to go and play.

Just about everything we created in the first leg came through Hagi, would be very surprised if he's dropped for this.

No Aribo?
I’d be amazed if that were the case.
Play your form players
Just can't fit him in mate, will be the tried and tested mid 3. I've also left arfield out!! The only 1 i could see dropping out is hagi, so aribo or arfield in there.

McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Edmundson
Borna/Flanagan

Arfield
Davis
Jack
Aribo

Hagi

Kent

Hagi can drop back to make a 5 midfield, Kent for the pace in behind with Kamberi an option off the bench if we need to change it.

Back