Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazza

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Barisic

Jack Davis Kamara

Aribo/hagi/itten Kent

Morelos

Pitch seems to be in terrible condition so I wonder if Gerrard will be considering itten after his performance on a similar surface at fir park? Can’t see him going 4-2-3-1 in this sort of fixture so big decision to make on who starts between aribo/hagi/itten. I think jacko is a certainty to start.

I think it'll be the same team as the weekend

The only change might be Balogun for Helander but I think big Fil deserves to start this one after the weekend

McGregor
Jack Davis Kamara
Roofe Morelos Kent

I reckon he might switch Balogun and Helander.

I'd be keen to start Jack in place of Aribo. Possibly even start Aribo further forward in place of Hagi although Hagi had been very good recently imo.

I would play Jack if he's fit enough. I think he's very important to us and we've got to treat this as a tough away game.

Not sure why Balogun is assumed to come in. Decisions are over Jack (in, for one of Davis or Kamara for me), Roofe (bench, Hagi to stay in).

McGregor

Jack Davis Kamara

Aribo/hagi/itten Kent

Morelos

Pitch seems to be in terrible condition so I wonder if Gerrard will be considering itten after his performance on a similar surface at fir park? Can’t see him going 4-2-3-1 in this sort of fixture so big decision to make on who starts between aribo/hagi/itten. I think jacko is a certainty to start.
Start with our strongest team and get into them from the off.

Beat them handsomely and i can start to think about (cliche alert) one hand on the SPL trophy.

Poor pitch and aggressive opposition might see more of our athletic players start:

McGregor
Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic
Jack Davis Kamara
Aribo Morelos Kent

Itten,Hagi and Zungu to come in when needed and hopefully the game has settled down.Possibly Roofe if he's ready.

Poor pitch and aggressive opposition might see more of our athletic players start:

McGregor
Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic
Jack Davis Kamara
Aribo Morelos Kent

Itten,Hagi and Zungu to come in when needed and hopefully the game has settled down.Possibly Roofe if he's ready.

Agree Cav.

Reactions: cav
Not sure why Balogun is assumed to come in. Decisions are over Jack (in, for one of Davis or Kamara for me), Roofe (bench, Hagi to stay in).
Have you not watched Rangers in Dec and Jan.

If so it’s obvious why people are suggesting that.

Balogun has played all the biggest/toughest games for the last wee while

You might not like it, but it’s patently obvious why people are suggesting it - the gaffer has been making that same decision for weeks on end.

Why is everyone dropping Hagi out of the starting line-up?
I would say he is a certain starter and rightly so.

Shit pitch, physical battle, doesn't really suit Hagi.
I'd start Aribo or Roofe in the front 3 beside Alfie and Kent, with Davis, Jack and GK behind.
Hagi and Itten + Roofe / Aribo as 2nd half subs.
4-1 Rangers.

Why is everyone dropping Hagi out of the starting line-up?
I would say he is a certain starter and rightly so.
Should be on form, should have arguably started the OF too. That game shows the manager isnt afraid to make hard calls.

I dropped him from my OF team, same as the gaffer. Turns out we were both wrong. So it’s not out with the realms of possibility the manager does it again, although once again it would be incredibly harsh.

Shit pitch, physical battle, doesn't really suit Hagi.
I'd start Aribo or Roofe in the front 3 beside Alfie and Kent, with Davis, Jack and GK behind.
Hagi and Itten + Roofe / Aribo as 2nd half subs.
4-1 Rangers.
I know McGregor has has it easy this season but no sure it’s a good idea to move the GK into centre mid. You gonna play CM Glen Kamara in goals then? B-D

Scroll down to the league games data

Look at from say the Motherwell game (is that the one Balogun missed because if the head knock?)

This is a major part of why many will be tipping Leon to start. He may not, the manager has thrown a couple of curve balls this season.

But all the evidence points towards it being highly likely Leon will play. Helander comes in for the easier fixtures at the moment and Leon plays the more difficult / more important games.

Whether or not people think that should be happening is another point. But it’s not difficult to comprehend why people are proposing it again.

I'd start with Davis and bring on Jack later in the game, But I will be happy with either, it's great to have such a strong midfield to choose from. Rangers to win comfortably #55

I would go with the same 11 from the weekend in the same formation. No game at the weekend so no need to rest or juggle players.

Roofe is ready & Jack looked sharp so we are in a real good place.

I know Jack scored on Saturday but I don't think Jack, Davis and Kamara as a midfield 3 offers a goal threat, hence why Arfield was normally there. I think we will go with 4-2-3-1 again.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Barasic
Jack Davis
Hagi Aribo Kent
Morelos

Can see him going with the same team because of the last performance.

Maybe Jack will come in but it would be harsh on Aribo or Hagi

same team that started against Ross County for me.

Maybe 1 change Jack back in.
Jack starts at easter road imo. He has a bit more dig than the rest of our midfield that we will need tomorrow. Its the right side of the front 3 i am not sure who to start as it could be any of hagi, aribo or roofe.

Jack starts at easter road imo. He has a bit more dig than the rest of our midfield that we will need tomorrow. Its the right side of the front 3 i am not sure who to start as it could be any of hagi, aribo or roofe.
Yeah i feel Jack will come back in maybe for Kamara and then move Aribo to RW or further forward.

As long a we win that's all that matters.

Scroll down to the league games data

Look at from say the Motherwell game (is that the one Balogun missed because if the head knock?)

This is a major part of why many will be tipping Leon to start. He may not, the manager has thrown a couple of curve balls this season.

But all the evidence points towards it being highly likely Leon will play. Helander comes in for the easier fixtures at the moment and Leon plays the more difficult / more important games.

Whether or not people think that should be happening is another point. But it’s not difficult to comprehend why people are proposing it again.
I think it's more about the opponent's style and whether they threaten in behind than how good they are.

We played Balogun against Hibs earlier I think because of Boyle's pace so I'd expect the same again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back