Team / line up for Sunday .

buffaloskinners

I didnt see the game last night due to work so dont know how anyone played or injuries pick up .
I cant see Alfie starting .
What do you think our formation will be ?

I didnt see the game last night due to work so dont know how anyone played or injuries pick up .
I cant see Alfie starting .
What do you think our formation will be ?
Will be interested to see if Helander will stay in or if Balogun comes back in. For this particular game I'd go:

McGregor
Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic
Jack
Arfield Aribo
Hagi Itten Kent

Balogun because he seems a bit more forward thinking than Helander who's more backs to the wall. Depending on fitness, Roofe could start in place of either Arfield or Hagi.

McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Balogun, Barisic, Jack, Kamara, Aribo, Hagi, Kent, Itten

Usual formation, I don't see Morelos starting after Gerrard's comments and Itten should be pretty much match fit to start.

Shagger

Borna
Balogun
Goldson
Tav

Kamara
Jack
Aribo

Hagi
Kent

Itten

Read that Itten has been banging them in recently (although I haven’t actually checked) so I think Gerrard will put him in since he did the same with Balogun last week. Kamara over Davis since Davis played last night, same with Balogun over Helander. Not sure where Roofe is fitness wise so he’ll be on the bench I think.

St Boo so attacking formation. Helander deserves to play but protect him after return from injury. Big game for Jack imo, he has to improve.

McGregor
Jack
Hagi Aribo
Kent Roofe
Itten

McGregor
Jack Aribo
Roofe Hagi Kent
Itten

That would be mine but more likely Roofe or Hagi make way for Kamara.
I really like the look of that team. That would be my choice. I hope you are wrong about Kamara - we need to get away from playing 2 DM at home. We are better than that.

McGregor
Jack Aribo
Roofe Hagi Kent
Itten

That would be mine but more likely Roofe or Hagi make way for Kamara.

This for me. Time to move away from starting any 2 of Kamara/Jack/Davis at home to jobbers.

Jack Doesn’t have the game management skills to to play that role alone with all them attack minded players in front of him

Not a Tav bashing post,but might be a chance to start Patterson
Maybe, I think if we are looking comfortable Gerrard will bring him on in the last 30 minute. Type of game I think he is more likely to start around January time if his development continues on an upward trajectory

I’d go:

McGregor
Arfield Jack Aribo
Hagi Itten Kent

Subs:
Mclaughlin, Pattersson, Helander, Bassey, Kamara, Davis, Murphy, Roofe, Morelos

Mcgregor
Balagun, goldson, helander
Tav, jack, aribo, kamara, barasic
Kent & either roofe or itten

Highly unlikely to go 352 though. :(

I do rate jack, but don’t think he has the game to anchor a midfield himself, His best games for Rangers was last season when he was giving more freedom to go forward
He'd be more than capable against the st mirrens of this world.
I'd always have two in there against decent teams or to defend a lead on difficult away trips. We definitely need more flexibility in midfield.

....................... McGregor
Tavernier - Goldson - Balogun - Barisic
........................Jack - Aribo
Roofe.................. Hagi.................. Kent
..........................Morelos

I get trying to fit in as many attacking players as possible but is Aribo not wasted playing as one of the two DM/CMs?
I understand what you mean but I'd picture it more Jack covering and Aribo and Hagi further forward either side of him to provide 5 attacking players and 5 defensive. Won't happen though, as there would be Jack, Davis, Kamara competing for only 1 spot (Arfield would replace Hagi or Aribo) and he likes all 3.

McGregor, Tav, Goldson, Balogun, Barisic; Kamara, Aribo; Roofe, Hagi, Kent; Itten

No need for more than one defensive minded midfielder at home to the likes of St Mirren.

I understand what you mean but I'd picture it more Jack covering and Aribo and Hagi further forward either side of him to provide 5 attacking players and 5 defensive. Won't happen though, as there would be Jack, Davis, Kamara competing for only 1 spot (Arfield would replace Hagi or Aribo) and he likes all 3.

My issue with that would be we might end up putting all the emphasis on Jack to get the ball into the final third. Could work if the CBs are able to step up and help out in that regard. My guess is the midfielder we’re looking to buy will be the guy who primarily plays alongside Jack.

Edit: 100% agree having the three CMs so deep/stationary does not work. I think from what we’ve seen so far management are at least clearly aware this is a problem

Will be interested to see if Helander will stay in or if Balogun comes back in. For this particular game I'd go:

McGregor
Jack
Arfield Aribo
Hagi Itten Kent

Balogun because he seems a bit more forward thinking than Helander who's more backs to the wall. Depending on fitness, Roofe could start in place of either Arfield or Hagi.

This for me

Mcgregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Balogun (only because 2 games in 3 days is too much for Helander just now)
Barisic

Jack
Hagi
Aribo

Roofe (hopefully he is fit enough to start)
Itten
Kent

Back