Helander
Bassey
Davis
Jack
Aribo
Jones
Itten
Kent

Itten deserves a chance through the middle and Roofe isn't 100% up to speed so I would prefer to keep easing him in. Jones instead of Barker and Hagi as he's more direct.

Big options on the bench incase it's not going as planned.

I just wonder if Itten will start with Roofe after Gerrard’s comments today that they are suited to playing together

3 players who have played very little football recently starting together seems a bit unlikely mate.

Roofe and Aribo will be nursed back carefully.

one of the two will start imo - as you say they’ll be nursed back.

could even argue to bench then both still

I’d expect McLaughlin in, helander back, Bassey and Jones to start.

About time we really done over Livingston as well and I mean really fkn hammer them

Regardless of Epstein FC's score earlier before we play as well

I think it’ll be
McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Helander(depending on the knock)
Bassey
Davis
Jack
Aribo
Hagi
Roofe
Itten

Feel like Kent’s been a little off it the past few games, give him a rest before we play lech Poznań.

No way will Roofe start this game.
Needs to get minutes in him before he will start.
Too many niggly injuries to be rushed back.

I think Defoe will start. Leaving him out of the European squad makes him a good option in these games. Think Defore will get the first hour and Roofe the last half hour.

In the full conference Gerrard practically says that Roofe is not ready start so he will probably get more minutes as a sub.

Does he stick with Morelos or start Itten

My team would be:

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Bassey
Jack Davis
Aribo Hagi Kent
Roofe

Subs: McLaughlin, Patterson, Balogun, Kamara, Arfield, Jones, Morelos, Defoe, Itten

I think Kent has had a wee dip the last couple of games, maybe needs a break from the 2-a-week.

McLaughlin
Tav
Bassey
Goldson
Helander
Davis
Jack
Aribo
Jones
Roofe
Defoe

I think McLaughlin will start along with Balogun and either Barker of Jones.

I’d play

McLaughlin

Tav
Goldson
Balogun
Bassey

Davis
Jack
Aribo

Jones
Itten
Roofe
That looks a good combination of quality and guile to unlock what will be a park the bus team once more.

Reactions: hms
3 players who have played very little football recently starting together seems a bit unlikely mate.

Roofe and Aribo will be nursed back carefully.
I agree I would love them both to start but we have the depth of squad that we don't have to push things and can listen to the sports scientists. I expect we will go with

McLaughlin
Tav Goldson Helander Bassey
Jack Davis
Hagi Arfield Kent
Alfie

I would like to see Itten start ahead of Alfie but I think SG will give him another chance.

Shagger

Tav
Goldson
Balogun
Shirley

Jack
Davis
Arfield

Jones
Itten
Kent

Last edited:
If go..

________________________McGregor

Tav__________Goldson______________Helander___________Bassey

__________________Davis_________Aribo

Hagi____________________Roofe____________________Kent

_________________________Itten

The above has more than enough to win the game plus rest some players with a busy schedule coming up.

Only one player out from my prediction, clearly Roofe isn’t ready to start but is a VERY good option off the bench. Hopefully JD is fit and sharp as he hasn’t played recently. Need to get the job done and keep mounting the pressure on Neil Lennon and his players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back