Team v Leicester today

You sure Tav is playing? I just seen himoutside Ibrox getting a big jacket from motor, looked more like he would be sitting in the stands

Can I ask why you seem to have a negative opinion of the boy. He's a bear, did well at that level last year and opted to compete for a place at a higher level this year rather than shine again at a lower.
I think most of us would like to see him succeed but you want to see him gone.
What's he done?
He should be gone in January to free up wages. Sadly well be lucky to get even half of what we paid for him.
Ill take a guess and say we might loan him down south to put him in the shop window.

He should be gone in January to free up wages. Sadly well be lucky to get even half of what we paid for him.
Ill take a guess and say we might loan him down south to put him in the shop window.
You don't think we'll get £300k for one of the best midfielders in League 1 last year? He had Championship clubs after him.

I agree with the second part though. Another loan with a view to selling him in the summer is the way to go. We will most certainly recoup the fee we paid for him.

I've no issue with any of that, cb, I had high hopes for GD and thought EOD was being a bit disrespectful of a decent young man who's having to face up to what every one of us would see as a very heavy blow.
However, EOD addressed that so no harm done and top-level football is cutthroat, we can't be run on any other basis if we are to be successful.

Maybe excel in training???
He's always put in a maximum of effort into his training ,if I remember correctly he was one of the top 3 in all the training stints in Portugal,so I don't think it's that,probably a lack of positional sense / quality ,shame though

It seems strange for Docherty he went out on loan ,a fairly successful one at that and came back ,didn't get any chances to prove himself what more can he do,he can't show what he's about if he's not even getting into matchday squads,what can the lad do to get into the frame

Strange to us maybe however; Gerrard has very high standards and the trust of the majority of the supports trust. Therefore; it needs to be assumed that in training he's not at the technical level required or that others are just better. It happens.

Good for everyone to get some game time as we have started a bit off pace coming back from internationals. I'm sure everyone will have got enough rest and 45 minutes won't do them harm.

It's not as if they'd be sitting with their feet up if not playing

You don't think we'll get £300k for one of the best midfielders in League 1 last year? He had Championship clubs after him.

I agree with the second part though. Another loan with a view to selling him in the summer is the way to go. We will most certainly recoup the fee we paid for him.
The only way we’ll get that is by loaning him out and hopefully someone will make a good offer for him,

Would be great to be able to watch this on a re run tonight on RTV. Take it that’s impossible?

Docherty either isn’t good enough yet or won’t be good enough. He has every opportunity to be a better midfielder working alongside Gerrard, McAllister and the rest of the experienced players. When you see the improvement in the midfield in the likes of jack and Kamara then you know they are obviously getting the right coaching and experience. Docherty will have the same opportunity

When we're 3-0 up against the reptiles at Hampden and we get our penalty in second half stoppage time we should substitute McGregor for Halliday and get him to take the penalty wearing the orange goalie top just to rub it in.

In barefeet, yes !

Can I ask why you seem to have a negative opinion of the boy. He's a bear, did well at that level last year and opted to compete for a place at a higher level this year rather than
Don't think the post was overly negative. He hasn't done enough to force his way into contention. Might be best for all concerned for him to leave.

Cheers for the info those that gave it, I'd think quite a few will have got 45 minutes each.

Hopefully someone will know more.

He's always put in a maximum of effort into his training ,if I remember correctly he was one of the top 3 in all the training stints in Portugal,so I don't think it's that,probably a lack of positional sense / quality ,shame though
Maybe it just a case of the manager doesn’t fancy him to play in our way of playing.
This doesn’t make him a bad player or a slouch at training.

Anyone know how many minutes Morelos will get for Leicester today?

Anyone know if Iheanacho got a game for us ?
rf3kC2E.gif

Is the issue with Docherty not that he maybe just isn't very good?

He once ran riot against a Murty team - ayre great - that includes a pretty long list of players a lot of them are pretty pish.

Is the issue with Docherty not that he maybe just isn't very good?

He once ran riot against a Murty team - ayre great - that includes a pretty long list of players a lot of them are pretty pish.
He's a player that relies heavily on his athleticism.

Unfortunately, that isn't a lot of use when teams sit back and defend against you.

So was the twitter score above genuine or not ?

Edit - it was :)

Last edited:
First thing I took from our line up is that Barjonas is obviously impressing someone at Auchenhowie,from the colts game on Saturday to a bounce game against Leicester full with 1st team players?
I think he be replacing Docherty in the future,who will be away in January imho

Back