Jack Davis
Arfield. Kent
Kamberi. Morelos

Shagger
Goldson Katic Edmundson
Tav Jack Davis Borna
Hagi
Morelos Kamberi

Having three big guys at the back will help deal with Dykes and give more cover for Tav and Borna to allow them to go forward.

Tomorrow will be more interesting in who doesn’t play, than does.
That will provide a clear indication on who can be relied on and who can’t .

Can’t really see Gerrard panicking and dropping his main players. I expect pretty much the same 11 , with exception of borna stepping back in if available.

__________________McGregor

Tav_________Goldson________Katic________Barisic

____________________Davis

_____________Jack_________Arfield

____________________Hagi

___________Morelos_______Kamberi

Tav and Borna pushing right up the pitch providing width... Davis and Jack in there to cover them.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barisic
Aribo Jack Davis
Hagi
Kamberi Morelos

Davis the anchor in midfield
Aribo getting forward and Hagi the proper 10 we need

Last edited:
SG has to admit changes are needed.
Personnel or formation. We can't be a one dimensional team.

It wont be this but it should be:

McGregor

Tav (only as no alternative)
Katic
Edmundson
Barisic

Davis
Kamara

Stewart (again not ideal but deserves a chance)
Hagi
Arfield

Morelos

Kent, Goldson, Jack should all be dropped. Only lack of alternative winger means Arfield plays (Jones and Barker clearly not good enough). Even Morelos is looking off form but cannot drop him.

Tav is another on his last legs at club surely, though give him benefit of doubt as just back from injury.

So some of you want Arfield dropped despite being our best player in the last few weeks?

And Goldson, who apart from the second goal the other night, has been consistently good since the break?

McGregor
Pollster Katic Edmundson Barisic
Davis
Jack Arfield
Hagi Stewart
Morelos
Subs
Fod ,Tav,Goldson,Jones,Kamara,Aribo,Kent

Whatever team we put out, we need two up front and Hagi tucked in behind causing damage, and Davis in the middle of the park. Celtic after getting a shake from us at the end of December changed tactics and went for it.

Teams have worked us out and simply pin our full backs. When they do that, we still try and play through our full backs. When the opposition put two down each channel to tame Tav and Barasic there is often then a big fecking gap right down the middle of the opposition which we don't exploit.

Shagger
Goldson Katic Edmundson
Tav Jack Davis Borna
Hagi
Morelos Kamberi

Having three big guys at the back will help deal with Dykes and give more cover for Tav and Borna to allow them to go forward.
Means 3 defenders against one lone striker, pointless in my opinion

Greegs

Tav————goldson———katic————-barasic

——-jack————Davis————arfield

—-Stewart———Morelos———-Kent

Wes pollster edmondson Jones hagi Kamara kamberi

I dont care if we play the canteen staff tomorrow.

All I care about is that we are far more tactically flexible and capable of adapting to whatever way the game goes.

However the squad is used is fine by me.

Gerrard is either going to have to ship out those that he is throwing under the bus questioning attitudes.

Or stick with them and hope somehow they get sent out with a set of instructions that are enough to beat this bunch of SPL jobbers.

You know things aren’t going well when every post is a different team. For what it’s worth I would go 4231

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Halliday (assuming no Borna)
Davis Jack
Stewart Hagi Kent
Morelos

There seems to be a majority of folk dropping Aribo to the bench and I fully agree. Stewart deserves his chance.

McGregor
Tav goldson edmundson borna
Davis jack
Arfield hagi stewart
Morelos

We need to get rid of this 4-2-3-1 formation. Ok our 2 full backs push up but we still have 2 sitting midfielders so, still have 4 marking 1 attacker in our half. Livi will have 2 banks of 4, 10 yards apart, those 8 will be marking Alfie. Then they'll have 1 clueless player ball chasing around our midfield. Our ball possession probs 80%+, shots on target 1.

I know we need to be patient but, don't wait till last 10mins to change/ chase the game SG. Every other manager makes changes 60mins onwards apart from us.

Tomorrow might be a day for 3 big centre halves. Every set-piece, Livi are putting straight in our box. Goldson wont need to worry, Livi have no pace.

I fear 1-1

Won't happen but I would go...

McGregor
Goldson Katic Edmundson
Tav.......Davis........Jack....... Barasic
Hagi
Morelos Kamberi​

____________________Hagi

Tav and Borna pushing right up the pitch providing width... Davis and Jack in there to cover them.
Can't see him dropping both Kent and Aribo.

personally don’t think we should be playing with 1 striker upfront at home anyone in this league. Is maybe go with

mcgregor
Tav Goldson Katic Halliday
Stewart Jack Davis kent
Morelos kamberi

I think we need a bit more strength energy and pace in the midfield to drive us 10 yards further up the pitch. Too often Kent, Aribo, Arfield, Hagi and Alfie dropping deep to get the ball - where they are no threat!

is it too radical a move to suggest playing big edmundson in middle with Davies? He would also provide more of goal threat at the inevitable 15+ corners we’ll get at home to Livi!

we have plenty of creative players in Aribo, Kent and Hagi but I feel combined they are too lightweight and get easily robbed of possession.

just a thought - but agree it’s untested and a risk. However, We need something to turn around our form.

Those wanting a 3-5-2, why?

We lose a midfielder and gain a defender, at home to Livingston!!!

Our biggest problem is scoring goals.

____________________Hagi

Davis doesn't have the legs to play that role.

Those wanting a 3-5-2, why?

We lose a midfielder and gain a defender, at home to Livingston!!!

Our biggest problem is scoring goals.

Whilst gaining another striker/attacking outlet/creative force.

It's not as if the two full backs are defensive minded. Although Barišić is probably out so we are shoehorning dross into the left back area.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katić Flanagan
Davis Jack
Hagi
Stewart Morelos Kent

Would be my team for today. Barišić if fit????​

Edmondson has to start - possibly drop Goodson.

Hagi, morelos and stewart the front 3 for me (4-3-1-2). Kent hasn't been performing and needs dropped.

Need to give jones a run in the team
Need some spark, think he might be the man to provide it

It wont be this but it should be:

McGregor

Tav (only as no alternative)
Katic
Edmundson
Barisic

Davis
Kamara

Stewart (again not ideal but deserves a chance)
Hagi
Arfield

Morelos

Kent, Goldson, Jack should all be dropped. Only lack of alternative winger means Arfield plays (Jones and Barker clearly not good enough). Even Morelos is looking off form but cannot drop him.

Tav is another on his last legs at club surely, though give him benefit of doubt as just back from injury.
What?

We are even more terrible without him

Back