Team Vs Hearts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mck1872

Official Ticketer
I know it’s 6 days away but this international football is boredom on the highest level.

So, who would your 11 be to take the field at Tynecastle in what is a massive fixture?

Mines would be;

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Barisic

Lundstram
Jack
Arfield

Wright
Morelos
Kent

Just don’t think these type of games suit the big man up there on his own. Morelos has 9 goals in 8 against Hearts aswell I’m sure. Maybe play both?
Don’t think we will ever play both , get your point about Morelos but which Alfie would we get?

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Davies
Barisic

Lundstram
Jack

Lawrence (if there's any chance)
Arfield
Kent

Colak

If there’s any chance lawrence makes it then it should be

Mcgregor

Tav Goldson Sands/Davies Barisic

Lundstram Lawrence

Wright Tillman Kent

Morelos

Think Gio will go:
Mcgregor

Tav Goldson Sands Barisic

Davis Lundstrum Jack

Arfield Colak Kent
Our midfield is ancient we need to use our younger players and get some game time into them instead of players who are well past their sell by date no matter how good they have been in the past.but with Gio in charge it looks like it will be same old same old until he leaves which may be sooner than we think if we lose more points which I fear we will

Gio needs to make decisions on his best long terms players and pick them consistently. We’ve had some injuries, but players are not performing at their best and I think that’s part down to lack of sharpness caused by constant wholesale changing of personnel and the system game to game.

For example:

Morelos is clearly our best striker. Colak can be a useful asset as a poacher when we need a goal on the last 30 mins, or if Alfie is injured / suspended, but Morelos needs to be picked consistently to lead the line.

Tillman is a huge talent, with great potential, but is a bit raw. Play him for 5/6 matches centrally behind the striker. Let’s see how good he is after that!

James Sands has been miles better than Goldson this season. He’s young and with games only gets better. I know a lot of folk have it in for him, but completely unjustified relative to what he’s produced on the park.

Yilmaz is the next one. If he’s not a standout in terms of talent vs Barisic then that’s been shocking recruitment. He has great predigree and should be given a run in the team to settle. I know Borna has performed better this season, but he is one dimensional, Yilmaz is surely worth persisting with.

Our manager has been too risk averse and is selecting guys he knows for sure what he’ll get from, even if he knows that’s not that great! He’d be better risking some players with potential to be better and sticking by them.

So in my view it’s time to take risks, get some fresh blood into the side and stick with them.

Long term I see our best 11 as:

New GK

Tav
Sands
Davies (not seen enough) / King
Yilmaz

Lundstram
Kamara (the real one) / new player

Kent
Tillman
Lawrence

Morelos

I know people will disagree with a couple in there, but point is Gio needs to form his long term view and stick to it.

He might think Hearts away isn’t the time to do that, however it’s not working so far and if he doesn’t just get on with it, it will be too late.

I know it’s 6 days away but this international football is boredom on the highest level.

So, who would your 11 be to take the field at Tynecastle in what is a massive fixture?

Mines would be;

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Barisic

Lundstram
Jack
Arfield

Wright
Morelos
Kent
I would want colax on and it would be nice to see him play with Morelos.

Mines would be;

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Barisic

Lundstram
Jack
Arfield

Wright
Morelos
Ken❤️

King doesn’t deserve to lose his place. I’d actually go with a similar side to PSV and press them from the start.

I’d go with:

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
King
Barisic

Lundstram
McCann

Arfield
Tillman
Kent

Morelos

Pretty shocking when you are trying to pick a team and only one summer signing can get in the team. Shocking that the right position still isn’t shorted - in fact it’s scandalous!

Mines would be;

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Barisic

Lundstram
Jack
Arfield

Wright
Morelos
Kent
What's the score with Lawrence,can't be that far away from coming back now.

Mines would be;

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Barisic

Lundstram
Jack
Arfield

Wright
Morelos
Kent
Morelos the only goalscorer in that side.
Gio will love you.

I reckon the team will be
McGregor
Tav Goldson Davies Barisic
Jack lundstram
Arfield tillman kent
Morelos

It’s harsh dropping colak but I prefer Alfie up top in these types of games. Davies in the team is more of a hope than an expectation tbh. Arfield is playing because I don’t really know who else we could play there, Wright is dreadful, Matondo could play tbf, more likely to get space to attack in behind in these types of games.

sorry to go off a tangent OP, anybody know the best place to get dropped off near tynecastle for the away fan side of it? or will it not matter seeing as we're sharing the stand

cheers for any advice

McGregor
Tav Goldson King(if fit) Barisic
Lundstram Davis
Sakala Arfield Kent
Morelos

that would be my team
but likely be
McGregor
Tav Goldson Davies Barisic
Jack Lundstram
Arfield Tillman Kent
Colak
I would go with your team.

Surprised to see Tillman picked in so many predicted line ups. With his lack of work rate I wouldn't have him anywhere near a starting place at Tynecastle
His work rate was fine prior to the Old Firm game. He's not the only player who's been lacking in that department ever since then.

We'd struggle to pick a side if we were picking solely on work rate in our last few games.

His work rate was fine prior to the Old Firm game. He's not the only player who's been lacking in that department ever since then.

We'd struggle to pick a side if we were picking solely on work rate in our last few games.
This is undeniably true but for the Napoli game Gio clearly went for an XI that would put a shift in. Something similar required at Tynecastle for me.

This is undeniably true but for the Napoli game Gio clearly went for an XI that would put a shift in. Something similar required at Tynecastle for me.
We definitely can't afford any passengers at Tynecastle, but I wouldn't have any issues sticking Tillman in the starting lineup - as long as he's playing centrally and not out on the right.

We've already seen his quality when he's on it and I reckon we've no other player with some of his attributes, such as taking the ball naturally on the half turn.

sorry to go off a tangent OP, anybody know the best place to get dropped off near tynecastle for the away fan side of it? or will it not matter seeing as we're sharing the stand

cheers for any advice

Usually just anywhere along Gorgie Road. Never had any hassle and last time I got the mrs to drop me off almost as far down as the Tynecastle bar.

Never had any issues down that way,albeit I don’t wear colours to away games as usually make a day of it and head out after.

Mines would be;

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Barisic

Lundstram
Jack
Arfield

Wright
Morelos
Kent