Team vs Hearts

I would play

McGregor
Tavernier Edmundson Katic Barisic
Davis Kamara Aribo
Stewart Arfield
Morelos​

I don’t think either Katic or Edmundson will be phased by the big man up top for Hearts. In fact, I think they’d both relish the challenge. But I imagine that Goldson will start alongside Edmundson or Katic, and Ojo will start ahead of Stewart.

Let’s say who’s certain;

McGregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Barisic
Davis

I’d say those 5 are certain and Morelos is very likely. Biggest questions marks are who partners Goldson and who starts wide. Hearts a big physical side usually so I think Katic starts.

I predict;

McGregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Katic
Barisic
Davis
Kamara
Arfield
Ojo
Stewart
Morelos

Aribo and Kent back in the squad and both on the bench. Nobody has heard anything about Jack so I might assume he isn’t ready yet.

Every game of this domestic season is a big test of the squads mentality Hearts is no different to any other teams in the league in that regard

Just discussing this with my mates and a number of opinions. What says FF this week? I’d go;

McGregor
Tav Goldson Katic Barisic
Kamara Davis Aribo
Arfield Stewart
Morelos

Kent off the bench for the last 30 mins if needed.

agree with this team 100%

jack prob not fit and as mentioned only Kent from bench

Stewart for Ojo is a call I’d make too , I think the speed of the game will pass him by with steward being more suited to it.

Katic for Hellander should be the call also as he will be better suited to deal with hearts big striker

Aribo will be flying so a welcome return

hopefully a great performance to keep us top

Let’s say who’s certain;

McGregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Barisic
Davis

I’d say those 5 are certain and Morelos is very likely. Biggest questions marks are who partners Goldson and who starts wide. Hearts a big physical side usually so I think Katic starts.

I predict;

McGregor
Tavernier
Goldson
Katic
Barisic
Davis
Kamara
Arfield
Ojo
Stewart
Morelos

Aribo and Kent back in the squad and both on the bench. Nobody has heard anything about Jack so I might assume he isn’t ready yet.
As far as I’ve been told this week, Jack won’t be fit. That’s not 100% so don’t quote me on it but through someone who is usually pretty decent so doubt he’ll be in the squad this weekend.

As far as I’ve been told this week, Jack won’t be fit. That’s not 100% so don’t quote me on it but through someone who is usually pretty decent so doubt he’ll be in the squad this weekend.
I wouldn’t risk him, yes he is crucial to the team but no point in risking his injury getting worse against a mediocre hearts side. Kamara is a more than capable replacement for jacko

I'd have Aribo in for Arfield otherwise the same team, as Arfield will probably not get back till the early hours of Thursday morning at the earliest

Kent hopefully will get some game time, dont want to rush him back in, and I think he'll get the nod alongside Arfield and Helander for Porto

Ideal scenario we're winning by a couple (at least) after an hour and get Defoe on for Morelos
i reckon katic plays v porto , to counter marega's strength , would be happy with either centre half pairing TBH , been a long time since we could say that

i reckon katic plays v porto , to counter marega's strength , would be happy with either centre half pairing TBH , been a long time since we could say that

Agreed mate. Its a good problem to have and as you say its been a while. Could pick any two from four and still expect to be solid

Ojo has contributed more than Stewart and Arfield put together - goals and assists.

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katić Barišić
Davis Kamara Aribo
Ojo Morelos Arfield
Not sure if Jack is available or not. If so, he replaces. Aribo back, he needs to find consistency domestically.
His stats are slightly misleading. In the league he has 7 appearances (520 mins) and scored 1 with two assists also. He scored and assisted against a 10 man Hibs side we gubbed 6-1. His other assist was against a 10 man Livingston side.

Greg Stewart actually has 1 goal and 3 assists after just two starts and 3 subs appearances (202 mins) so his stats are a lot better in the league. Albeit both over a small sample size.

Agreed that Arfield has been off the boil this season.

The Arfield/Stewart pairing interests me greatly. They are on paper, the most suited to the inside forwards roles of our 4321 formation.

Back