Team vs Livi

Many budding Steven Gerrard's on here. Hope he doesnt hold a grudge like some on here. Looking forward to seeing Kent back in a Gers strip. Goldson has had a rest and may or may not be selected. Personally would rest Jack and Aribo to make sure they are firing for Feyenoord.

What in the name of god is that abomination?

Yup, I did describe it as 'odd'. Would I be shocked to see those players as the starting eleven? Nope. How they line up is anybody's guess. We even have some eejits calling for a 3/5 at the back.:eek:

You've not been brave enough to give us your lineup yet I notice. ;)

Yup, I did describe it as 'odd'. Would I be shocked to see those players as the starting eleven? Nope. How they line up is anybody's guess. We even have some eejits calling for a 3/5 at the back.

You've not been brave enough to give us your lineup yet I notice.

I usually don't bother posting it if someone else has already beat me to it.

McGregor

Tav Katic Helander Barisic

King Davis Aribo

Ojo Morelos Kent

Kent will be fine for an hour or so.

Arfield needs to be rested and I’d start Ojo.He needs to get back to putting in a good performance to get the last 2 out his system.

I usually don't bother posting it if someone else has already beat me to it.

McGregor

Tav Katic Helander Barisic

King Davis Aribo

Ojo Morelos Kent

Kent will be fine for an hour or so.

Fair enough mate. So, the only differences in personnel (if not shape) are I have Goldson - we both know he won't be dropped - and I have Kent coming off the bench rather than starting, with Kamara starting instead and King further forward.

You're not a million miles away from my 'abomination'. ;):)

McGregor.

Tav-Barisic-Helander-Katic

Davis-Kamara-King.

Kent-Morelos-Ojo
Would be surprised if Kent is started. He hasn’t had much competitive game time and they were giving him extra sessions to get his fitness up. Think he will start on the bench.

I disagree about Stewart mate, although I appreciate he still has it all to prove in our shirt. A packed away defence at Ibrox, is exactly the type of game he has been bought for imo.

I hope you’re right , but previously he’s failed and Aberdeen and Birmingham , had a good season at Kilmarnock , and from what I’ve seen he’s miles off the quality required to make it at Ibrox.

Wouldn’t make wholesale changes as 3 points are a must and Livingston have started well.
But time to see what Helander has got with Goldson most in need of a rest.
If any doubt about Jack bring in King or possibly for Aribo after his international exploits.
Everybody going for Kent for obvious reasons but how match fit is he , might be better as an impact sub until up to speed.

I'd definitely like to see Helander, King, Kent & Morelos come in to freshen things up and give these guys the opportunity to impress.

No one can feel hard done by after the previous performance.

Mcgregor

Tavernier
Helander
Katic
Barisic

Jack
Davis
Aribo

Ojo
Morelos
Kent

Subs
Foderingham, goldson, Polster, Kamara, Stewart, defoe, king

Wouldn’t make wholesale changes as 3 points are a must and Livingston have started well.
But time to see what Helander has got with Goldson most in need of a rest.
If any doubt about Jack bring in King or possibly for Aribo after his international exploits.
Everybody going for Kent for obvious reasons but how match fit is he , might be better as an impact sub until up to speed.

Aribo scored on his debut for Nigeria
Lad will be flying with confidence now

Why did we sign him then?

Still trying to work that out Chuck.

I think there was a thought that Stewart would be fine in certain SPL matches maybe after a European game, the likes of at home to Hamilton, St Mirren etc and in some games like the league cup etc.

We haven’t seen that much of him yet aside from V East Fife (where was very poor) and a cameo v Hibs, there was a very nice assist for Defoe’s 2nd v St Joseph’s but that’s pretty much it. Still plenty time for him to come good, issue is how far down the pecking order is he? Kent, Ojo, Arfield, Jones are all definitely ahead of him. You could argue Barker and Murphy are as well. He’s not getting a game up front with Morelos and Defoe ahead of him.

Just seems like a free agent squad signing where it will turn out he will rarely play.

If Helander starts which I think is likely then I would be surprised if Katic isn't the man to be benched.

Wouldn’t be surprised if your right but imo shouldn’t be.

Katic is a fan favourite I think the harsh reality is Goldson is a better defender overall....he's getting a backlash from the OF game but in the world of Stevie G's he has lived a football life where a core of players tend to have a standing within a squad then means they play. He is not vice captain for no reason.

Of course I could be wrong but that's how I think it will go.

Re: Katic
Last season 100% he'd be dropped for Helander

This season? Goldson been shaky to say the least
Stevie G talking up Niko as well

The message needs put out that poor performers have competition ready to come in

Not knocking Goldson and you are right about the vice captain bit , just think Katic has had the better start to the season.

Back