Team vs Livingston

An absolute anomaly of a season, and lots of penalties.

It’s verging on bizarre, something like 40% of his career goals came last season and he’s in his mid-late 20s.

Pretty sure Michael Higdon scored 15 league goals in the Eredivisie once:

9 penalties

11 of his goals came in 4 games

So 15 from 26 the rest of the season. Think only 10 of them were from open play.

hes utter pish

Thank goodness we’re at home. Wouldn’t like to be going to that plastic pitch with the players we have unavailable.

Looking at the midfield options available I think he might play Aribo from the start and give him a rest later on if we're winning.

Would be different if Hagi or Arfield were fit.

I don’t think he will play Aribo as he is one yellow card away from a suspension so he would miss the old firm game that’s just like the lead up to the last time it was to be played on the seconed off January and I would play Arfield in his place and I would -lay Roofe at centre forward as Morelos is going away plus Bassey has not done anything wrong why are you not playing him I hope I am correct so that makes only half your pick sill play you need to go back to the drawing board mate.
Aribo won't be suspended if he receives a yellow. The first threshold related to the first 19 games from memory. I agree Bassey did nothing wrong, the question was what our starting 11 will look like not what we individually want it to look like. I think he will start Balogun if he has no physical issues since Friday. Arfield may or may not even be in the squad but he won't bring him straight in to start, he will come off the bench if available. If he was starting it'd be in place of Lundstrum/Sands anyway, not Aribo. Roofe will get the first hour i feel, then Itten the last 30. Lowry might get 10 mins off the bench too if the game is comfortable.

Looking at the midfield options available I think he might play Aribo from the start and give him a rest later on if we're winning.

Would be different if Hagi or Arfield were fit.

Sure i saw Arfield posting pics of him training on Instagram

He could well be back tbh

Think the time difference in Cameroon is 1 hour so thats not a big deal if we need Joe

Sure i saw Arfield posting pics of him training on Instagram

He could well be back tbh

Think the time difference in Cameroon is 1 hour so thats not a big deal if we need Joe

Good point re the time. Assume Nigeria will have a briefing session today and ppl will head home from tonight?

Think aribo bench at best though

McGregor
Tav Goldson Bassey Barisic
Lundstram Kamara Bacuna
Roofe Itten Sakala

Mcgregor
Tav Goldson Balogun Barasic
Kamara Bacuna Arfield (if fit)
Sakala Roofe Wright

Hopefully Jack can get 30 minutes since he was originally planned in for Stirling. Wouldn’t be averse to Lowry getting another 30+ minutes if we’re comfortable come the second half.

Also think we need to get Balogun up to match fitness. Bassey has been excellent but with the return of Balogun and soon Helander, I think he should go back to competing for LB. His crossing doesn’t match Barasic but his pace and strength causes teams huge problems down the side, especially when trying to mark Kent as well.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Kamara
Lundstram

Roofe
Bacuna
Sakala

Itten

Hopefully Arfield and Lowry can get involved. God knows where Davis is but we need him back as well. Need as many goalscorers on the park against Livi.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Kamara
Lundstram

Roofe
Bacuna
Sakala

Itten

Hopefully Arfield and Lowry can get involved. God knows where Davis is but we need him back as well. Need as many goalscorers on the park against Livi.
Wright for Roofe who I don't think will be fit enough to start yet and that's probably my team as well.

Could see Balogun coming in for Bassey as well.

Assuming Arfield, Hagi, Davis Jack & Helander are still injured:

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Bassey Barisic
Lundstram Kamara
Wright Lowry Sakala
Itten

Subs: McLaughlin, Balogun, King, Sands, McCann, Bacuna Aribo, Roofe

I don’t think he will play Aribo as he is one yellow card away from a suspension so he would miss the old firm game that’s just like the lead up to the last time it was to be played on the seconed off January and I would play Arfield in his place and I would -lay Roofe at centre forward as Morelos is going away plus Bassey has not done anything wrong why are you not playing him I hope I am correct so that makes only half your pick sill play you need to go back to the drawing board mate.
Was there something not mentioned before in regards to aribo if he got by the shutdown the 6 games with yellow extends to 12

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Kamara
Arfield
Bacuna

Wright
Sakala
Roofe (Itten if Roofe still isn't fit enough to start)

Good point re the time. Assume Nigeria will have a briefing session today and ppl will head home from tonight?

Think aribo bench at best though
Yeah, its about a 7 hour flight to London from Cameroon - if Aribo flies home direct. They may be required to go back to Nigeria before they disperse but surely that would be unlikely? I'd see him getting tomorrow off, or a very light wind-down session, and then probably omitted from the squad v Livi. As you say though, maybe bench at best. Back in the team for Ross County.

I'd love to see Arfield feature on Wednesday.

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Bassey
Barisic

Kamara
Lundstram

Sakala
Bacuna
Wright

Roofe

We really could do with Arfield available if no chance Aribo will be ok to play. If either were available, drop Lundstram and go 4-1-4-1.

I think we will see Balogun start again on Wednesday, if for no other reason than to get him fully up to speed match-fitness wise in case he's required moving forward. He needs gametime. Probably means resting one of Bassey or Barisic. Both got a rest v Stirling so its a bit either/or who gets the nod this time. For similar reasons, we really could do with Arfield getting at least half an hour.

This will be a tough game on Wednesday, any sort of win will do with players we have missing.

No harm to the guy at all, but I can’t believe we are potentially in position of relying on Itten as our striker for such important games.

I hope we avoid doing exactly this. Look at the celtic games against them. About 80 crosses and the livi back line gobbled them up for fun. If itten plays that becomes the temptation so I would probably start Roofe if he feels up to it.
I feel like Itten is somewhat like Crouch in being surprisingly not great in the air for a "big man"

I think we will see Balogun start again on Wednesday, if for no other reason than to get him fully up to speed match-fitness wise in case he's required moving forward. He needs gametime. Probably means resting one of Bassey or Barisic. Both got a rest v Stirling so its a bit either/or who gets the nod this time. For similar reasons, we really could do with Arfield getting at least half an hour.
I think we need to start players who are earmarked for the tottiebowl, especially those who haven't played enough recently.

If Gio intends to go Balogun and Goldson in the Beast end, they should start playing now.

Same, if Roofe is going to play the focal point v them, get him starting now.

Alfie should be rested for whoever will be starting key upcoming games

They need the minutes for match sharpness and confidence

I think we need to start players who are earmarked for the tottiebowl, especially those who haven't played enough recently.

If Gio intends to go Balogun and Goldson in the Beast end, they should start playing now.

Same, if Roofe is going to play the focal point v them, get him starting now.

Alfie should be rested for whoever will be starting key upcoming games

They need the minutes for match sharpness and confidence
I agree. We won't be resting Morelos though, he will be gone surely? Colombia play on Friday so I'd imagine he will already be over there.

Back