Team vs Motherwell

If we play to our capabilities we will win this pretty easily. It will only be difficult if we start at walking pace

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Balogun Barisic
Aribo Davis Kamara
Hagi Morelos Kent

Sunday feels like a lifetime away,
Just win Rangers!

Was speaking to a colleague who is a Motherwell fan, speaks well about the game, be reckons we will absolutely annihilate them and they are bricking it from a doing

I think if there are any changes it maybe Helander for Balogun as he looked like he maybe tweaked something against Aberdeen. No point taking risks.
Also Zungu might come in for Aribo as.it was his lapsein concentration that allowed Kennedy to break up field unchallenged.
Having said that if both Balogun and Aribo are fit and selected then i have no issue with that
Hopefully Helander in for Balogun and same team that aside.
Why?:rolleyes:

I'd start Zungu for this 1, prob for Aribo
A toss up between Helander & Balogun
Unless Roofe/Jack are back, which I dont think they will be .... then the rest picks its self.

Yep Aribo has been poor for a while now and is constantly caught on the ball, he would be my only change.
Aribo is not poor. He's just not being played in his best position and being asked to do too much defensively, which is hindering his ability in the final third.

I'd like to see Zungu in their in Jack's role this weekend and Aribo pushed forward in place of Hagi.

McGregor
Tav - Goldson - Balogun - Barisic
Zungu - Davis - Kamara
Aribo - Morelos - Kent

Aribo is not poor. He's just not being played in his best position and being asked to do too much defensively, which is hindering his ability in the final third.

I'd like to see Zungu in their in Jack's role this weekend and Aribo pushed forward in place of Hagi.

McGregor
Tav - Goldson - Balogun - Barisic
Zungu - Davis - Kamara
Aribo - Morelos - Kent
If Zungu starts, would be straight swap. Hagi is playing well

Shagger

Tav
Goldson
Balogun
Barisic

Kamara
Davis
Jack or Aribo

Hagi
Morelos
Kent

This mob will be out to do damage on Sunday. The big mentally challenged baseball player especially before he joins his boyhood heroes.

Last edited:
Fair enough. My opinion and I’m entitled to it. I’ve said numerous times I think Helander is the best CB at the club.
I can see where you are coming from here when we need to defend for large parts of a game. But I feel Balogan is quicker against a counter attack though when we have 8 men up the park.

Remember what they will do - as per recently at Ibrox: A full team defence, packed centrally allowing us space in the flanks. Frustrated at the lack of space centrally we starting launching crosses in - therefore playing to their strength and our weakness. They will do this at every minute up to going 0-2 down.

I would like to see their ‘allow us to cross plan‘ become a bit more dangerous to them by having Itten in the box. Having an aerial threat really makes their ploy a dangerous one to play considering the quality of our crossing.

Helander might come back in and hopefully Jack can make an appearance but I think it will be very similar to last weekend. The worst thing we could do is start fannying around with the team right now. If we can keep up the winning run until the Antwerp game then we might see some rotation and hopefully give the EL as good a shot as we can.

It would be nice to have a very strong start to the game, get a few goals up and bring on a few peripheral players in the second half to get some minutes in their legs. I don't think goal difference will be an issue this season but good squad management could be a real bonus.

Same team as last week. The batteries should be recharged and ready to go with a week etween matches. Scud these cretins into next week and keep marching on. Hopefully another game closer come Sunday night.

I think if there are any changes it maybe Helander for Balogun as he looked like he maybe tweaked something against Aberdeen. No point taking risks.
Also Zungu might come in for Aribo as.it was his lapsein concentration that allowed Kennedy to break up field unchallenged.
Having said that if both Balogun and Aribo are fit and selected then i have no issue with that
I’ve been debating similar on another thread.
Seems quite a punishment for one error.
If we took that approach, how many others could, should, you drop from Sunday.
Morelos for his first minute mistake with the keeper to beat?
Tavernier, who made a major mistake missing the penalty?
Balogun, for very poor defensive play when Aberdeen broke upfield almost straight after the early Morelos miss?
Goldson for a mistake during the same move?

Balogun, for very poor defensive play when Aberdeen broke upfield almost straight after the early Morelos miss?
None of which resulted in Aberdeen scoring and getting back in the game.
Anyway whatever SG decides will be right for the team

Added to that, the view that Tav was more at fault for their goal is a more than valid one.

Tav was too far up the pitch, especially given we didn't have secure possession of the ball at the time - had he been 20 yards further back, Kennedy doesn't have a free run at goal.

Why is there such a clamour to play Zungu?

Aribo and Tav will know fine well they were at fault for the sheep goal, they'll have been told and will learn from it.

We should play the same winning team and let them worry about us...Do Motherwell even have the pacey wingers Aberdeen had?

Back