Teams around the world we have a connection with.

The amount of Rangers flags you see with another clubs badge on it too is embarrassing

Off the top of my head I’ve seen West Ham, Southend, Chelsea, Notts Forrest, Hamburg, Linfield

Don’t understand the fascination of having another clubs badge on a Rangers flag
There's always a West Ham flag in the East Enclosure. I quite like West Ham because I'm a big Iron Maiden fan.

Doesn't explain why Bayer Uerdingen have a friendship with West Brom but I get your point.

St Pauli are a very political club, extreme left and Hamburg are on the right. As I say. Hamburg in the north of Germany have far less Catholics than in the South. Having roughly 1 in 10 in the City. They all follow the lefty club St Pauli. As I say each year there is a festival and they invite Celtic supporters busses over and Republican bands.

Hamburg are core right and non denomination or protestant. They have a connection to Rangers for years and just like Glasgow was born via shipbuilding.

There's always a West Ham flag in the East Enclosure. I quite like West Ham because I'm a big Iron Maiden fan.

That’s the thing but, if everyone made a flag with a Rangers badge and another team they like you could end up with 30/40 different teams crests at Ibrox

I think it’s a wee bit embarrassing but each to their own.

That’s the thing but, if everyone made a flag with a Rangers badge and another team they like you could end up with 30/40 different teams crests at Ibrox

I agree, hence why I said only Hamburg and Linfield.

St Pauli are a very politcal club, extreme left and Hamburg are on the right. As I say. Hamburg in the north of Germany have far less Catholics than in the South. Having roughly 1 in 10 in the City. They all follow the lefty club St Pauli. As I say each year there is a festival and they invite Celtic supporters busses over and Republican bands.

Hamburg are core right and non denomination or protestant. They have a connection to Rangers for years and just like Glasgow was born via shipbuilding.
I know mate, I have been all over Germany watching Football, first went HSV in 2003 and lived in Munich for a few years - I go and watch Hansa when I can home and away. I actually sat with some St Pauli fans a few years back on the train from Kiel to Hamburg (midweek match when St Pauli had played Holstein, so it was obviously packed with St Pauli) and the number with t shirts on displaying all the Clubs they have links/friendships on was a bit of an education - obviously Vallecano/Celtic but also Israeli ones etc.... Been in some bars in Hamburg where I have been very uncomfortable with the music being played.

Like I said before there all kinds of friendships now, a lot of it is down to Social Media - not very genuine, just the way it has all gone, Will always respect those who go to these places regular though and make the friendship stronger.

Fan wise, Glentoran, Crusaders, in fact I'd say the supporters of most Irish League clubs, with a couple of obvious exceptions, would, at the very least, have a soft spot for Rangers.

Can't abide Linfield myself but then that's because I'm firmly in the red, green and black camp. :)
Basically if your a prod B-D

I know mate, I have been all over Germany watching Football, first went HSV in 2003 and lived in Munich for a few years - I go and watch Hansa when I can home and away. I actually sat with some St Pauli fans a few years back on the train from Kiel to Hamburg (midweek match when St Pauli had played Holstein, so it was obviously packed with St Pauli) and the number with t shirts on displaying all the Clubs they have links/friendships on was a bit of an education - obviously Vallecano/Celtic but also Israeli ones etc.... Been in some bars in Hamburg where I have been very uncomfortable with the music being played.

Your visiting the wrong bars. lol Another bear friendly town is Rostock to the north.

Gives a bit of context that shows there a legitimate reason for the friendship and is miles away from the love in shite the other team in Glasgow favour.
I'm not really into the Hamburg thing, more chelsea for me. The lads I know from chelsea have been outpriced at Stamford bridge now, but there still into us.

Got to know them when chelsea came up on the friday night for a friendly, think it was because we were both out of our cup comps. Having said that, I know a lot of guys from london clubs, mainly chelsea, west ham,millwall and charlton, into rangers. Mind you a couple of them who are heavily into loyalism are spurs fans.

Your visiting the wrong bars. lol Another bear friendly town is Rostock to the north.
When your 10 in you don't notice for a while! Yeah, tends to be the older lads that in Rostock though - others take pride in having no fan friendship from my experience. Great support Hansa.

I just hope the Hamburg flights from Edinburgh don't get dropped as a result of all this Covid, ideal for anyone wanting to go and see HSV and have a weekend there.

Is it not a case of supporters of other clubs putting our badge on the flag rather than our own fans doing it?

I just hope the Hamburg flights from Edinburgh don't get dropped as a result of all this Covid, ideal for anyone wanting to go and see HSV and have a weekend there.
A slightly later flight would be better, the early flight out is a killer.

A slightly later flight would be better, the early flight out is a killer.
The perfect one was Friday out about 5pm and back Monday about 4pm for me. It’s always chopping and changing, sometimes I go from Manchester but Ryanair pulled that.

Seeing them at Ibrox or at away games would probably suggest that not to be the case
Not if they are travelling up for a game though. I’ve met boys from Bristol Rovers, Plymouth Argyle and Chester who have brought their own flags with our badges on them.

Im not denying it happens, but I think it’s connected to fans of other clubs rather than our own. Although i have seen a Rangers, Chelsea and Linfield flag which I believe was one of our own.

The perfect one was Friday out about 5pm and back Monday about 4pm for me. It’s always chopping and changing, sometimes I go from Manchester but Ryanair pulled that.
What’s Hansa’s relationship with Hamburg like? I would like to go over for a Hansa game but not sure how we would be welcomed due to our links with HSV.

Fan wise, Glentoran, Crusaders, in fact I'd say the supporters of most Irish League clubs, with a couple of obvious exceptions, would, at the very least, have a soft spot for Rangers.

Can't abide Linfield myself but then that's because I'm firmly in the red, green and black camp. :)
The only thing worse than a binfield fan is a gurn.

What’s Hansa’s relationship with Hamburg like? I would like to go over for a Hansa game but not sure how we would be welcomed due to our links with HSV.
No expert but it is definitely St Pauli they have the problem with. I am usually alone or with 1 other mate from England when I go. I would never go as a part of a group or anything, would find it a pisstake to be honest as their support is special - something would more than likely happen if you went in the Sud at Hansa uninvited in a group (nothing to do with being Rangers, just a group unknown), made that mistake in K Block at Dresden a few years ago. Be fine in the other ends though. It is very different to Hamburg watching Hansa, no tourists/day trippers/groups etc... The train from Hamburg to Rostock on a match day is good, soon as you get in to Mecklenburg you start seeing Hansa grafitti and lads get on at each stop drinking etc... worth doing if you like seeing different Football cultures.

Last edited:
The amount of Rangers flags you see with another clubs badge on it too is embarrassing

Off the top of my head I’ve seen West Ham, Southend, Chelsea, Notts Forrest, Hamburg, Linfield

Don’t understand the fascination of having another clubs badge on a Rangers flag
Went to see Bournemouth win the Championship at Charlton a few years ago and bought a Charlton & Rangers badge on the way out.

(The Bournemouth end was sold out and only Charlton fans were allowed in on the day. But when I happened to mention that I had come from Switzerland, the girl in the ticket counter reached down and sold me a special "overseas ticket" for £11, less than half the regular price, so I was in a good mood and quite pro-Charlton...)

No expert but it is definitely St Pauli they have the problem with. I am usually alone or with 1 other mate from England when I go. I would never go as a part of a group or anything, would find it a pisstake to be honest as their support is special - something would more than likely happen if you went in the Sud at Hansa uninvited in a group, made that mistake in K Block at Dresden a few years ago. Be fine in the other ends though. It is very different to Hamburg watching Hansa, no tourists/day trippers/groups etc...
I went to a German Cup game a few years ago, Offenburg v St Pauli, and accidentally ended up among the St Pauli fans. 10,000 people were crammed into the small stadium and I was so uncomfortable I had to ask the police to let me into the civilized part of the ground, which they thought was very funny. I would never attend another match involving St Pauli, the second worst fans I have ever shared a stadium with...

I went to a German Cup game a few years ago, Offenburg v St Pauli, and accidentally ended up among the St Pauli fans. 10,000 people were crammed into the small stadium and I was so uncomfortable I had to ask the police to let me into the civilized part of the ground, which they thought was very funny. I would never attend another match involving St Pauli, the second worst fans I have ever shared a stadium with...
One poster on here very recently described St Pauli as a "self congratulatory freak show", which is a brilliant description that equally applies to another team of up themselves perennial victims, one from Glasgow's east end.
Though they've got eff all to be self congratulatory about at the minute. B-D

Were you in the away end or just a case of them being in the home end? When I went to Kiel v St Pauli I was in the home end but loads of St Pauli were in it, it was the match where the Kiel Ultras nicked the St Pauli flag just before kick off but were caught on the way back across the pitch by players and security etc.. Loads of Police yet Kiel and St Pauli fans drinking in the stands in the bit I was in. To be honest I didn't see much bad from them that time, obviously most are lefties mind. Was a load once though from Munich to Frankfurt as they were at FSV and I was going to a match in Mainz, were more like total drop outs (Zechers) who stank and were smashed at like 9am.

Last edited:
The fans maybe have an affection for other clubs but Linfield is maybe one that the club's have been linked , they were the only side to offer any help when we were struggling.

If it wasn't for Rangers , Arsenal don't exist , simple as that, there is a ling connection there but that is all gone now , the days if big money football ended that relationship.

Apart from the obvious 2 mentioned I don't think their is a relationship with any other club. I've seen fans from the big clubs in England saying we are cunts and then other fans of the same club saying we are great folks. I don't get caught into this please like me and be my mate like septic do. Most fans (well everyone I grew up with) pick a team from a different country to like, but not really support.

Linfield the only club who stood with us during the dark days.
It's always glorious to read the usual bile from the fans of other Irish league clubs at the the relationship between the two most successful club sides in the world.B-DB-D

We should have a commercial link up with every rangers in the world if possible. from hong kong rangers to rangers de talca, brora rangers, enugu rangers etc. %^*& qpr there shite.

And posta rangers from africa somewhere, ive had a bet on with them and lost they dont score often.

The last time I saw this thread all the 'right wing' teams were brought up (Lazio, etc.) and it offended a lot of our Twitteratti fans. :D

Linfield.
Went to the game at Ibrox in the dark days when they came over. Should have been more at Ibrox that night.

After that, the Bill Struth / Herbert Chapman link with Arsenal and all those friendlys over the decades.

Fans - Hamburg, Chelsea, Bochum, Portsmouth, Man City and others over the years.

Barca 1972, Every Barcelona fan sang our songs as the fascist police drafted in from Madrid with there batons trying to break our skulls we're smashed up on the streets. Oh the city was cheering on Rangers, There was a bar in Barcalona with scarfs and tops, flags on the walls for 20 years.

I was in Munich one time, the hotel manager we were staying in was a big Bayern Munich fan, and had a great respect for Rangers and our great tussles over the years. There was much Bayern regalia in the bar and a Rangers pennant. He also said an interesting thing, that Bayern are detested in their own country, similar to Rangers.

Whether that respect is also held by other Bayern fans, I’m not sure.
Met a bayern fan who owned a bar in zante. Said to me Rangers are the only club who have played them that deserved so much more.

Met a man City fan in create who said there fans love us

Back