Teams like Livi sickening

Granted theres not many of them but if I was a livi fan I'd be raging.

I'm glad we won so this doesn't sound like sour grapes but I watched the cup final on sunday and if livi put in 50% of the effort they put in tonight they probably would have won.

I thought we played well tonight but came up a well drilled disciplined side
Was thinking that myself, Livingston were poor on Sunday but I wonder if it was down to playing on the Hampden pitch.

I said in the match thread, I'm tired of Livingston trying to drag us down to their level. Absolutely no interest in trying to play football, especially on that pitch.
Aberdeen, Killie, Livi, Mwell st mirren all just kick and rush yet continually feted in the media who then scratch their heads when Scottish teams get humped internationally. Our game is going nowhere.

You play to your strengths and with the personnel you have. I hate their pitch but I don't dislike Livi and Martindale seems to be a positive figure (so far) to have around the league. I'd love for them to win their game in hand and take points off the sheep and leapfrog them for 4th (which is entirely feasible).

4Aberdeen31248
5Livingston30040
6St Mirren31-539

You can't blame Livingston they are allowed the crappy pitch and to get as physical as they like with our players, the amount of shirt pulling and cynical fouls were endless, the two penalties, the ridiculous Morelos booking the blame is with the officials who allow it to happen.

How many red cards did Beaton show to them? That's right none except to our manager who was justified in approaching him.

These disgusting pitches with their totally unnatural bounces and constant danger for serious injuries that are levellers for plodding type footballers as they limit the talents of the most skilful of players .

That is not Livingstons fault but they are the fault of the governing bodies because they allow them.

about 4/5 times tonight they took a yellow to stop a dangerous break - its a game they get schooled on as one of them was Holt !!

its difficult to break a team down like that when u have a weak ref who only starts to book players after their approx 3rd foul (not to mention pens, sending off our manager)

refs needs to ref the game from the 1st min, enough of this - its my first challenge ref sh1t......
That's the difference. When you play in Europe, those cynical fouls get a booking every time. It's probably why no other Scottish Club can get past the first round.

Only when refs start hammering this will players improve or better ones will replace them.

It's frustrating but it's no surprise the smaller teams setup to spoil and knock us out of our stride - you piss with the cock you have at the end of the day.

That pitch is another story though, amateur hour.

They, like much of the league aren’t too interested in playing football. They are a well drilled side who always give their all against both us and the scum - who they’ve taken quite a few points off in the last two seasons.

The majority of teams in the league bust a gut against us yet fizzle out against their level of teams.
To be fair though, Livi have been good all season and gave it a go last night unlike other teams defending like %^*& for their 100% effort.
The pitch makes the spectacle horrible though, and last nights ref adds to the dismal viewing.
Not that it matters. 3 points was all that mattered last night.

Player for player we are far superior in every position, so l can fully understand Livingston playing to their strengths, its up to us to combat it, but the shirt pulling and constant fouling did not make for good viewing, and I am glad we don't have to go there again this season.

If you think that the livi players, tried harder to get a result against us rather than win a cup final, then I'm sorry, but I'm not having that.

They made us work for the result as they should do.
I don’t care if your having it or not I watched the cup final and they didn’t put in half the effort they did against us.

Only thing I hate is the niggly wee fouls, and the pitch. We are Rangers everyone will try against us!
Said that to the wife, 10 yellows and not a bad foul amongst them, most for shirt pulling or hauling back, anything to break up play, makes it an awful game to watch.

You genuinely think livingston didn't try in a final but tried tonight?
Utter madness, they didn't play well on Sunday but to say they tried harder tonight is wrong and pretty embarrassing to be honest
Let’s just say their natural game of free kicks from own half into opponents penalty box and long throws into box seemed to be missing in final but returned last night.

Poor side with dreadful ‘footballers’
Devlin
Guthrie
Sibbald
Fitzwater

Just absolute garbage that sums up the state of the game up here
But the key is that pitch. Get rid of that disaster for goodness sake
Who do you want them to sign on a budget of 30 pence? They're punching well above their weight for the size of the club.

They didn’t try in a cup final. Absolute lunacy from people at times.

I take it you didn’t watch the game?

They were well well below the level they showed against us last night I mentioned it in the Cup final match thread.

They were either saving themselves for us or they don't try as hard against teams on a similar level.

I'm glad we won so this doesn't sound like sour grapes but I watched the cup final on sunday and if livi put in 50% of the effort they put in tonight they probably would have won.

Said it for yrs and they are not the only ones

Who do you want them to sign on a budget of 30 pence? They're punching well above their weight for the size of the club.
Plenty of decent footballers out there even for a club their size without resorting to thugs and hoofball merchants like that lot.
Better players in the juniors than some of the “elite premiership” players

They were well well below the level they showed against us last night I mentioned it in the Cup final match thread.

They were either saving themselves for us or they don't try as hard against teams on a similar level.
They didn't try in a cup final because they were saving themselves for a league game a few days later?

:)):)):)):)):))

Plenty of decent footballers out there even for a club their size without resorting to thugs and hoofball merchants like that lot.
Better players in the juniors than some of the “elite premiership” players
Garbage. Junior players are in the juniors for a reason, they're not good enough to play any higher. It might not be easy on the eye but Livi play to their strengths and it works for them.

I never watched the cup final but they gave it a go tonight.

The last effort they put in when we were there was brutal.
Yep, a far more positive formation under Martindale compared to Holt.

I find this a really weird entitled take tbh.

Livi punch well above their weight on a regular basis. I for one won't criticise a team like them playing like they did against us, of course we are viewed as "a cup final game" the games live on tv, they only get on tv a few times a year, a bit of fan fair around the future champions who are unbeaten coming to their home.

Much worse teams than livi who have a far greater budget.

I said the same thing after watching them on Sunday.

They have cheated their fans 100% if they had the same attitude against St Johnstone they would have wiped the floor with them.

As usual it’s all about the Rangers.

I don't think there's any doubt that Livingston tried in the Cup Final, but they were simply outplayed by a better side.

Davidson is a vastly superior manager to Martindale imo and got his tactics spot on.

Garbage. Junior players are in the juniors for a reason, they're not good enough to play any higher. It might not be easy on the eye but Livi play to their strengths and it works for them.
Fine that’s the point of a forum, be boring if we all had the same opinion.
I just think there are too many players, especially in Scotland who are pushing the boundaries of being called footballers
Motherwell
Livi
Killie
Hamilton

And a few others have them in abundance.
And is why Scotland will always be a backwater football wise. Rangers and that lot can’t drag scottish football forward on our own.

The underdog has little to lose so nerves don’t usually play a part. When you’re favourite to win, in a rare cup final, it’s a different matter. I can understand why some teams play better against us than they do against others.

Whats new, its the same with the other 10
It's natural to lift your game and be more fired up for the games against the bigger teams.

Don't come much bigger than Rangers as far as livi and anyone one else in Scotland are concerned.

My only complaint about livi is their pitch.

Fine that’s the point of a forum, be boring if we all had the same opinion.
I just think there are too many players, especially in Scotland who are pushing the boundaries of being called footballers
Motherwell
Livi
Killie
Hamilton

And a few others have them in abundance.
And is why Scotland will always be a backwater football wise. Rangers and that lot can’t drag scottish football forward on our own.
They play in front of 3 men and a dug. Who exactly do you want them to sign?

Why would they not bother trying to win a trophy when they'd fought so hard to get to the Final? It's not as if they win trophies every year and can be complacent about it.

The plain and simple truth is that they can't play at 8/9 out of 10 every week because they're Livingston. And the same applies to St. Mirren, Kilmarnock and all the rest. They can't operate at a high level every week. If they did, they would be playing at a higher level. They're not at their level because of a deliberate attempt to be inconsistent simply to infuriate opposition supporters. They're at that level because teams at that level are, by definition, inconsistent. If they were capable of delivering a high level of consistency, they would be a better team.

Martindale (like many others) clearly told his team to be physical and naughty presumably because it’s the only way they had any hope of a point. Maybe they play a bit less physical against other teams, they couldn’t operate for long with 6 bookings per game.

They play in front of 3 men and a dug. Who exactly do you want them to sign?
Noddy they can sign fecking ronaldo for all I care. If that is livi’s model to sign hatchet hoofball merchants then that is their look out.
All I’m saying is they and the other tinpot shite can’t really then complain when Scotland gets crap tv deals crap sponsorship and teams getting papped out of Europe in the qualifiers by a team of posties and fishermen.
As for the 3 men and a dug, I don’t give a monkeys how many fans they have or don’t have that’s not for me as a rangers fan to be concerned about. I only care about my team, my teams players and my teams success

Why would they not bother trying to win a trophy when they'd fought so hard to get to the Final? It's not as if they win trophies every year and can be complacent about it.

The plain and simple truth is that they can't play at 8/9 out of 10 every week because they're Livingston. And the same applies to St. Mirren, Kilmarnock and all the rest. They can't operate at a high level every week. If they did, they would be playing at a higher level. They're not at their level because of a deliberate attempt to be inconsistent simply to infuriate opposition supporters. They're at that level because teams at that level are, by definition, inconsistent. If they were capable of delivering a high level of consistency, they would be a better team.

I will stick by my original comment if they tried as hard against StJohnstone In the cup as the did against us then they would have the cup in their trophy cabinet.

I don't think there's any doubt that Livingston tried in the Cup Final, but they were simply outplayed by a better side.

Davidson is a vastly superior manager to Martindale imo and got his tactics spot on.

I disagree, His tactics were fine against us he did have so bizarre ones in the Cup final right enough playing his Holding Midfielder at LM.

The thing that was plain to see that differed from both games were how much more intensity Livi put In to last nights match compared to the Cup final.

Well disciplined?

Their tactics were to kick everything that moved.

Noddy they can sign fecking ronaldo for all I care. If that is livi’s model to sign hatchet hoofball merchants then that is their look out.
All I’m saying is they and the other tinpot shite can’t really then complain when Scotland gets crap tv deals crap sponsorship and teams getting papped out of Europe in the qualifiers by a team of posties and fishermen.
As for the 3 men and a dug, I don’t give a monkeys how many fans they have or don’t have that’s not for me as a Rangers fan to be concerned about. I only care about my team, my teams players and my teams success
Well stfu about Livi then. :))

I disagree, His tactics were fine against us he did have so bizarre ones in the Cup final right enough playing his Holding Midfielder at LM.

The thing that was plain to see that differed from both games were how much more intensity Livi put In to last nights match compared to the Cup final.

Sometimes changing the tactics as dramatically as Martindale did on Sunday can knock the impetus and momentum out of a side, as the style they're being asked to play is alien to them.

They seemed more worried about stopping Rooney than anything else and switched Bartley across to left mid to help stop him breaking forward

Last night they were back in their normal formation, in familiar surroundings.

I don't think there was anything more to it.

Sometimes changing the tactics as dramatically as Martindale did on Sunday can knock the impetus and momentum out of a side, as the style they're being asked to play is alien to them.

They seemed more worried about stopping Rooney than anything else and switched Bartley across to left mid to help stop him breaking forward

Last night they were back in their normal formation, in familiar surroundings.

I don't think there was anything more to it.

Maybe it did knock their stride but the intensity wasn’t there north like it that they showed against us.

We all know well that teams up their game against us but you would think they would up it in a cup final which they didn’t.

Back