Teams like Livi sickening

Thommo2006

Granted theres not many of them but if I was a livi fan I'd be raging.

I'm glad we won so this doesn't sound like sour grapes but I watched the cup final on sunday and if livi put in 50% of the effort they put in tonight they probably would have won.

I thought we played well tonight but came up a well drilled disciplined side

I never watched the cup final but they gave it a go tonight.

The last effort they put in when we were there was brutal.

How many times does this happen though? In relation, look how many teams burst their gut against us and then look absolutely flattened for their next few games.

Fair play to livi, they work their socks off and what they lack in technical ability, they make up for in effort. Up to other teams to come up with answers to overcome them. Thankfully, we did.

Who honestly gives a shit? You want to win the league, you have to grab more points than the rest. If you cant, you won't. It doesn't matter how well the opposition play against other teams. Only matters what Rangers do.

about 4/5 times tonight they took a yellow to stop a dangerous break - its a game they get schooled on as one of them was Holt !!

its difficult to break a team down like that when u have a weak ref who only starts to book players after their approx 3rd foul (not to mention pens, sending off our manager)

refs needs to ref the game from the 1st min, enough of this - its my first challenge ref sh1t......

I think if they had played Bartley in his correct position in the final, they would have had more of a chance - he is clearly their best player.

Its not up to us to decide how teams play against us - we have to be adaptable enough to beat whatever is put in front of us. I know its a cliche, but we wouldnt have won that game last season!

I'm glad we won so this doesn't sound like sour grapes but I watched the cup final on sunday and if livi put in 50% of the effort they put in tonight they probably would have won.

Absolutely zero football played by Livi. If you can kick and throw the ball long your in the team.

about 4/5 times tonight they took a yellow to stop a dangerous break - its a game they get schooled on as one of them was Holt !!

its difficult to break a team down like that when u have a weak ref who only starts to book players after their approx 3rd foul (not to mention pens, sending off our manager)

refs needs to ref the game from the 1st min, enough of this - its my first challenge ref sh1t......

The thing is he booked Guthrie after 6 minutes and I thought he might be in control here. Obviously not, and it took him until the 48th minute to book their next one!

I said in the match thread, I'm tired of Livingston trying to drag us down to their level. Absolutely no interest in trying to play football, especially on that pitch.
Did you say the same when they took points off iranaway fc?

Nah not for me, They are limited but they always try. Drew with Celtic twice already this season, and beat them last season.

Also went like 10 unbeaten earlier in the season. They lost the final but not through lack of effort. It's easier to play for a draw than win a final.

Exactly do people really believe they didn’t try in a cup final so they could have a real go against us? I expect the system they play against us is different and less expansive so they have an easier job which is just get the ball to %^*& for as long as possible rather than trying to retain it and make something happen.

They were a lot more attacking than the 0-0 at the start of the season.

The constant slowing the game down and breaking up play is what annoys me. It's no wonder Scottish football struggles to get sponsors, the games are mainly a poor watch.

Only thing I hate is the niggly wee fouls, and the pitch. We are Rangers everyone will try against us!
Constant fouling time wasting, an age for a throw in....taking free kicks from wrong place to get it pulled back etc etc etc infuriating.....then, get all the time they wasted added on at the end to try and equalise !!!!!!!! I think if you have been time wasting throughout the game and you are behind at 90 min. Blow the whistle bang on 90.

You genuinely think livingston didn't try in a final but tried tonight?
Utter madness, they didn't play well on Sunday but to say they tried harder tonight is wrong and pretty embarrassing to be honest

This. Nonsense to say they didn't try to get something out of this game - they just don't have the same quality of player, but they were hardly just defending their box in two blocks of five like they did under Holt. Compare their squad to the other teams around them and they're punching above their weight, and have gotten results against them - as well as beating Celtic.

Not sure why some folk think any team that doesn't come out and let us dictate the entire game just isn't trying. Hamilton have played to our strengths, got absolutely hammered and are fighting relegation.

Did you say the same when they took points off iranaway fc?
No, because they actually tried to play against them, and did well, but against us they turn any game against us into headers and volleys.

Other than their pitch, to describe Livi as sickening is a huge exaggeration in my opinion. They are a bang average SPFL team, nothing more nothing less.

I said in the match thread, I'm tired of Livingston trying to drag us down to their level. Absolutely no interest in trying to play football, especially on that pitch.
They play to their strengths. It might be annoying but for them they are doing the right thing.

This. Nonsense to say they didn't try to get something out of this game - they just don't have the same quality of player, but they were hardly just defending their box in two blocks of five like they did under Holt. Compare their squad to the other teams around them and they're punching above their weight, and have gotten results against them - as well as beating Celtic.

Not sure why some folk think any team that doesn't come out and let us dictate the entire game just isn't trying. Hamilton have played to our strengths, got absolutely hammered and are fighting relegation.

And I believe Hamilton have the worst goal difference in the league a 1-0 instead of an 8-0 might actually make a difference to them this year.

Hope next season is their last in the top flight.

No, because they actually tried to play against them, and did well, but against us they turn any game against us into headers and volleys.

It is easier to play more expansively against weaker teams whose defenders are guaranteed to run into each other throughout the game and generally make an arse of themselves.

Devlin and O’Donnell would be better off playing netball....Imagine being better at throwing the ball than kicking it and you’re a professional football player...No words!!
Exactly... Granda, tell us about your career as a footballer...

I could throw the ball for miles!

Their pitch is an abomination but it's within the rules in our top league,obviously there's no way a top flight club should be allowed an artificial surface to play on.

Awful pitch not fit for purpose, their entire tactics are built around using the pitch to their advantage as much as possible
You can't blame them for that. We would too. Dinamo Kiev?
No place for plastic pitches in the top league though.

They're a really poor footballing side, their only tactic seemed to be lumping it up the right to try and get throw ins and hope for the best.
What else can they do, they open up and try to play football we hammer them
They play to there strengths that's why they are in the top 6

I said the same thing after watching them on Sunday.

They have cheated their fans 100% if they had the same attitude against St Johnstone they would have wiped the floor with them.

As usual it’s all about the Rangers.

I said the same thing after watching them on Sunday.

They have cheated their fans 100% if they had the same attitude against St Johnstone they would have wiped the floor with them.

As usual it’s all about the Rangers.
Do you think they sacrificed a cup final to try hard against us?

I thought the Livingstone players were gutted after Sunday and thought this would make for an easier night tonight but they rolled up their sleeves and produced a real stuffy performance.

So like other say they probably froze in the final and I'm sure not one of their fans will feel cheated by their team this season.

Back