Teams that perform better against us than against them

It’s always been the way as far back as I can remember. We are the biggest scalp in Scottish football, again always have been. If you scored a winner against Rangers you are seen as a club hero, a week of newspaper articles and tv interviews.
That is the added pressure of playing for Rangers, everyone you play adds another 10-20% to their desire and commitment, and the expectation from the stands is that it should be a doddle.
It is also why Rangers winners are legendary and live in the fans hearts for life. These guys break the walls down and then chew the bricks! Shaw, Grieg, Gough, even Mr Weir as a player. The fans expect you to win, and shower you in glory when you do, but criticise when you don’t. It’s the Rangers way.

There is also the fact - hard though it is to acknowledge - that since our return to the top flight, they have just had better players, a better team and more depth than us. So irrespective of whether the opposition raise it or not, or they get favourable refereeing decisions, they will more often than not beat these teams.

This is the first season I thought we had got close to closing the gap in quality between the two groups. But, even this early into the season, injuries and nagging doubts over mentality are gnawing away at any residual confidence.

They all have one thing in common - they're physical, a wee bit dirty, and rely on a "lenient" referee, to use Andy Walker's term from Sunday.

Hibs have a better record against them they do against us. Regularly took points off them since they returned to the Premier league.

Livingston almost got a draw at the weekend and scored 2 goals. They missed a late sitter to make it 3-3.

It took them 85 minutes to break down Dundee United.

St. Mirren were unlucky not to get a point in midweek.

Ross County hit the post and bar along with passing up a good few chances before getting smashed.

They play Hibs at the weekend, a team that have taken points in the past.

Kilmarnock took points off them.

Last 12 months alone - Sheep, HIVs, Hearts, St Johnstone, Accies, Killie

Equally effective/ ineffective to us and Scum: Livi, Motherwell, St Mirren, Ross County

Extra effort/ motivation v Scum: none.

Livingston almost got a draw at the weekend and scored 2 goals. They missed a late sitter to make it 3-3.

Ross County hit the post and bar along with passing up a good few chances before getting smashed.

The only team you can really say honestly play differently against us is the sheep.

Aberdeen would be the prime example, routinely getting pumped by them but giving us a tough game every time.

Referees aside, the problem is that these teams know that these tactics work against us. If they sit compact and kill the game at every opportunity they know we sometimes struggle to deal with it so their game plan is clear and obvious. Unfortunately Celtic have been better at dealing with the packed defences therefore teams are less confident going up against them that they are us.

I also don't think we handle things well when things aren't going our way. Away to Hearts last year for example, they were all over us and we were struggling to get our game going. We never looked like being able to dig in and grind things out then

They have played badly but have won.

We played well yesterday and dropped points.

Hate this comparison.

Look how bad we were at the start of this year and the 2nd half performance and 90 minutes in Braga was raised our game.

Look how much we raised our game in probably the toughest December we have had in years and came through it solid then we can’t do it in other games against smaller clubs.

I always assume that they are going to win in the SPL against every team with obviously the exception being against us.

I think we should try and calm down a wee bit and see where we are after we have been to play them in their own backyard.

As it stands based on recent form and games against them I expect to leave with three points.

If we can do that we will be in a good place.

The league is full of Rangers haters and teams that roll over to the mentally challengeds.

Hibs, sheep, Dundee hibs, Motherwell all play us like it's their cup final and have a damage limitation mentality when they play the tramps.

Killie away is the only real game the mentally challengeds get.

Shows how difficult it is for us to win the league.

Let's be honest, we miss at least one sitter in every match we play. We pass the ball around the opposition box, afraid to hit a shot. Teams know they can sit back and watch us play with ball then hope to hit us on a counter or score from a set piece. Although it does appear you're allowed to be "naughty" towards our players and get away with it.

The league is full of Rangers haters and teams that roll over to the mentally challengeds.

Hibs, sheep, Dundee hibs, Motherwell all play us like it's their cup final and have a damage limitation mentality when they play the tramps.

Killie away is the only real game the mentally challengeds get.

Shows how difficult it is for us to win the league.
I’m nearly sixty mate and I can confirm that has always been the case for EVERY Scottish team we play.
The difference is that back in the old days we were the team to beat for bragging rights where as it’s now pure hatred.

Every game against Rangers is a cup final for these jobber teams with the added bonus that the refs will be softer on them as previously mentioned on this thread.

But whenever an Aberdeen, Dundee, St Johnstone or even the scum come to town then they go back to the default shit stage where they present themselves to them. Every match against Rangers is a must "win" (a draw will be fine) and the matches against the scum are considered "free hits" where getting anything from them is just a bonus. The recent behaviour by Hibs, Motherwell Kilmarnock etc is great examples of this.

I’m nearly sixty mate and I can confirm that has always been the case for EVERY Scottish team we play.
The difference is that back in the old days we were the team to beat for bragging rights where as it’s now pure hatred.

Also every mentally challenged player in the league busts a gut against us cos they are hate filled bigots and any Rangers fans also bust a gut against us because they are professional or want to prove something if they're an ex player.

It's the opposite for fans of the bheasty boys.

B
They all have one thing in common - they're physical, a wee bit dirty, and rely on a "lenient" referee, to use Andy Walker's term from Sunday.
basically every team in the SPL. We’ve always been the team everyone gets up for, like Man U in England.

The refs letting them do what they want is the main diff as to how teams play against us and them.

Also most teams are full of them, some of them dont try against them.

Another major problem and has been for the past 8 year or however long is we’ve lost the fear factor that we once had.

Teams play us and are confident they’re going to get something.

They go to the piggery and are defeated before the game starts

It annoys me how well every teams goalkeeper plays an absolute fùcking blinder , when normally they’re average at best ..
This too, even Alnwick! I thought who is their goalie, he is stopping everything, turned out to be our old reserve keeper!!

Aberdeen would be the prime example, routinely getting pumped by them but giving us a tough game every time.

Referees aside, the problem is that these teams know that these tactics work against us. If they sit compact and kill the game at every opportunity they know we sometimes struggle to deal with it so their game plan is clear and obvious. Unfortunately Celtic have been better at dealing with the packed defences therefore teams are less confident going up against them that they are us.

I also don't think we handle things well when things aren't going our way. Away to Hearts last year for example, they were all over us and we were struggling to get our game going. We never looked like being able to dig in and grind things out then
Aberdeen should have beat them at Pittodrie last time they played. The scum scored a breakaway winner near the end.

B

basically every team in the SPL. We’ve always been the team everyone gets up for, like Man U in England.
Correct. Even how shite Man u are right now. They're still the razzmatazz in the EPL. Same as ourselves. No matter how poor we are at a given time, we're the scalp. Simple as.

Correct. Even how shite Man u are right now. They're still the razzmatazz in the EPL. Same as ourselves. No matter how poor we are at a given time, we're the scalp. Simple as.
You can see it every week in the way your Aberdeen’s, St Mirren’s or Motherwell’s approach these games

The basic issue is they can't play the same way against them as they do us.

They would very quickly only have 8,9 or 10 men
But we need to be a lot more aware of how they play and match them in terms of winning the battles first. That should be the mantra against every team we face,we should at least a bit more wiser for their experience last season.

This in micro is why I’m delighted McKenna seems to be fucking off.

Not anything special but likely to break 2 or 3 of our players or get them sent off for mildly disagreeing with that useless kunt trying to end their careers.

Against the Bheggars it’s a little kitten wanting it’s tummy tickled.

Fucking disgrace for a so-called professional sportsman

We shouldn't rely on other teams we should be taking care of teams ourselves then it's all about the games against the scum

Hearts last year - Naismith was all over the place v us and v them was jogging and then walking as they scored 2 f their goals!

The only team you can really say honestly play differently against us is the sheep.
I wonder if people have ever taken a step back and instead of thinking everyone tries more against us and thought that we might be the problem? If we did a bit better or were a bit more ruthless, had a bit more bravado these results would not occur.

They get away with going in hard against us they know they get away with it therefore can play that way. It's got so out of hand that someone is going to get their career ended. Elbows, jumping on backs,high feet tackles, red card offences that dont even get a yellow and allows them to keep doing it.

Back