Teams we don't want to win the CL this year?

nateman

So for that automatic CL spot next season I'm guessing we need the CL winner to also qualify for the group stages via their league position?

Would mean we don't want any of the following to win it as things stand:

Manchester United
Benfica
Juventus
Leipzig
Lille

Any others? Does the Europa league winner affect this?

Last edited:
Dont think we need to worry about any of that list winning the thing. Just win our own one and we will be alright.

It's impossible for Leipzig to win it this year so I wouldnt worry about them.

Us not winning the league is far more likely than any of those teams winning the CL. Just take care of business and we'll be there.

So for that automatic CL spot next season I'm guessing we need the CL winner to also qualify for the group stages via their league position?

Would mean we don't want any of the following to win it as things stand:

Manchester United
Benfica
Juventus
Leipzig
Lille

Any others? Does the Europa league winner affect this?
Don't think there's much chance any of those 5 get near winning it.

Do we not need the CL winners and the EL winners to have qualified via their league? Or is it just one of the two?

I would be astounded if its not - Bayern / Liverpool / Chelsea / Man City or PSG that win it.

id love Ajax to win it ... but i think they would come unstuck against Bayern and the others above.

Do we not need the CL winners and the EL winners to have qualified via their league? Or is it just one of the two?
Just the CL I think. As their place will have been freed up by winning it, taking the champions spot in the groups stage, that then frees up a spot from that country, and as there are restrictions on how many teams from each country can qualify, the next country in the co-efficient gets the group stage spot.( ie us!)

What if we do the SPL Europa League double? Would the scum get an automatic CL spot finishing second in the league or would they still have to qualify? ;)

3rd place team in 6th placed nation would get the group spot rather than qualifying rounds I think.

That would be the 3rd placed team in Portugal.

Edit: Maybe 5th placed nation in access list, which would be 3rd place in France.

No, it's only the CL Winners. The status of the EL winner would be irrelevant to us (assuming we win the league), that only affects the non-champions qualification route.

Obviously I'd rather a team won it who also qualified through league.

But I hope Bayern win it, if Ajax can't.

EPL failure would be hilarious.

If we won the europa league, and the champions league winners qualified also from their league position would 2nd place in Scotland also qualify automatically or would it go to the next ranked country

Want to see an actual champion winning it.
None of this coming 4th in the league shite winning it

Latest posts

Back