Teams you would love to see us play

As Thursday night approaches , my mind wandered to the possibility of Champions League football next year. I’m getting greedy now I know.

But in a dream world who would you like us to draw in Europe on our 150th anniversary ?

I wanted to pick a team we hadn’t played so went for Real Madrid, only to find out they beat us over 2 legs in 1963 . A late Puskas goal at Ibrox gave them a 1-0 win and we took a 6-0 beating at the Bernabeau.

After a bit of research , we seem to have played nearly all the huge teams in Europe bar Liverpool , which I found surprising so with the Steven Gerrard factor , I will go for them.

Again, I know I’m being greedy wanting Champions League only a couple years after the Progres debacle but it’s a bit of fun and with 2 CL places up for grabs this year not too fanciful at all .

Real Madrid is the obvious one.

Juventus, Ajax, Atletico, Napoli, Liverpool.

I can't wait until we're back facing teams like these with a packed Ibrox.

Imagine how good that first CL anthem at Ibrox is going to be with Derrys Walls echoing over it!!!! Goosebumps thinking about it.

Juventus - purely so Pirlo can meet up with his mate Gerrard and it would be nice to see Ronaldo and co at Ibrox.

Real Madrid - always wanted us to play them in the modern era.

Liverpool - purely because I would enjoy the build up and dynamic around the match.

Honestly I just want to see this team test itself against the best opposition. We've been starved of that. If we qualify for the Champions League next season, I'd take the 'easiest' group possible to ensure we can progress in Europe past Christmas, be it dropping into the Europa League or somehow pushing our way into the last 16.

Was really wanting us to get AC Milan in Europe...wouldn't have got to see them live but AC are the one I'd love to see.

Their destruction of Barca is still my favourite European Cup Final.

Growing up and travelling abroad watching Rangers in Europe, there were always two sides I wanted to draw. Milan and Real Madrid.

Two legendary clubs with iconic stadiums and a tremendous history. Clubs I liked watching when I was a youngster.

Real Madrid vs. Rangers at Ibrox and the Santiago Bernabéu is a dream. Done the tour, want to watch Rangers play there.

I guess I'll never get to see Rangers in the San Siro - maybe a good thing as nowadays it's an absolute dump. Will soon be demolited.

R Madrid
Arsenal
Ajax

would be a great group. A team we’ve somehow avoided, a team with deep historical links with us in Arsenal and Ajax because of the fans, (I would have picked Hamburg or Linfield here but trying to be realistic)

When I went to away games in Europe AC Milan in the San Siro was the one I wanted

For glamour these days bring on Chelsea

Hard to disagree with any of the teams listed above. B.Dortmund, PSV and PSG for a throwback to an era I enjoyed. Also for nostalgic reasons Parma from our clashes in the 90’s.

Would love to see a tie against Ajax. Liverpool would be a great tie as well, we would get scudded but still.

As Thursday night approaches , my mind wandered to the possibility of Champions League football next year. I’m getting greedy now I know.

But in a dream world who would you like us to draw in Europe on our 150th anniversary ?

I wanted to pick a team we hadn’t played so went for Real Madrid, only to find out they beat us over 2 legs in 1963 . A late Puskas goal at Ibrox gave them a 1-0 win and we took a 6-0 beating at the Bernabeau.

After a bit of research , we seem to have played nearly all the huge teams in Europe bar Liverpool , which I found surprising so with the Steven Gerrard factor , I will go for them.

Again, I know I’m being greedy wanting Champions League only a couple years after the Progres debacle but it’s a bit of fun and with 2 CL places up for grabs this year not too fanciful at all .
AC Milan, I like everything about them, classy club.

Real Madrid. And if it was on the 150 anniversary month it would probably be in the last 16 im guessing. Would be nice.

Love to see us play Real Madrid, also would love to see Ronaldo play against us before he retires.

Real Madrid
I've seen us play Barcelona, Man United, Juventus, Inter Milan and Bayern Munich. We played AC Milan in a friendly. They're the truly 'super' clubs and none are bigger than Real Madrid

Always like it when we play a team in Europe we have never played before or one we haven't played for about 30 years or so. Would be nice just to see any team with the Champions League anthem blaring out at a packed Ibrox hopefully very soon

Back