Teams you would love to see us play

Purely for the away trips (covid permitting of course )
Spurs ( think it would be great to visit their stadium
real madrid ( thousands of bears in the bernabau
Ajax ( well it is amsterdam )

My criteria is old school top sides we haven't faced in a long time (if ever) or if we have just because I've always liked the name or their strip or some other random reason.

Aston Villa, Spurs and Wolves from England
Lazio, Napoli, Roma, Sampdoria from Italy
Real Madrid
Benfica :)
PSV

Last edited:
Real Madrid as most have said. Dortmund again as their fans are great.
hertha berlin just for an excuse for another trip there .

Real or Atletico. Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs of the English sides. Lazio or Juve. I'll make do with Livingston at the weekend first however :D

Any of the Madrid sides away - Madrid is one of the best cities in Europe IMO.

Someone like Tenerife, Las Palmas or Real Mallorca for obvious reasons, imagine thousands of bears on one of those islands?

Any of the Krakow teams, again it’s one of best cities in Europe IMO

At Ibrox - again Real Madrid for the glamour or the likes of Juventus

HSV
Sampdoria
CSKA Moscow

HSV for the fans, Sampdoria as they are a really old school, historical side, and CSKA because I would like to go to Moscow.

Real Madrid. Out with Europe I'd love to see us play River Plate and other South American teams and a few from Asia.

Last edited:
Blyth Spartans.

I tried a letter to both clubs a few years back when Fernando Ricksen was first diagnosed with Motor Neuron Disease as I know Blyth lost a player to it and raised cash toward research and thought even a reserve team or select X1 would be a good fundraiser.

I still hope a Legends game could be played in Blyth in the future at least.

I know it's not the question but would loved to have faced the AC Milan team of Maldini, Baresi, Rykard, Albertini, Donadoni, Gullit and Van Basten

Real Madrid, wanted us to get them every time in Europe for as long as I can remember. Would be a great away trip

Real Madrid’s the obvious one for me. Would’ve loved a trip to see Rangers in the San Siro before it goes.

Also, no team in particular but would really like to have seen our team this season take on one of the English teams with a full house behind them. Would’ve been a great contest.

As Thursday night approaches , my mind wandered to the possibility of Champions League football next year. I’m getting greedy now I know.

But in a dream world who would you like us to draw in Europe on our 150th anniversary ?

I wanted to pick a team we hadn’t played so went for Real Madrid, only to find out they beat us over 2 legs in 1963 . A late Puskas goal at Ibrox gave them a 1-0 win and we took a 6-0 beating at the Bernabeau.

After a bit of research , we seem to have played nearly all the huge teams in Europe bar Liverpool , which I found surprising so with the Steven Gerrard factor , I will go for them.

Again, I know I’m being greedy wanting Champions League only a couple years after the Progres debacle but it’s a bit of fun and with 2 CL places up for grabs this year not too fanciful at all .
Outside Europe

River Plate - Argentina
Corinthians - Brazil
Always Ready - Bolivia
Orange County - USA

Would love another crack at Bayern Munich. I think they’d wipe the floor with us but it’s be a great occasion!

Every time we’ve played there or Chelsea have played there, something has conspired to stop me going.
Went to see AC play Helas Verona - 1-0 89’ penalty by Balotelli. Was truly the second worst game I have witnessed infront of my eyes.

Reactions: hms
Love to play Dortmund or Bayern away( when this covid is away as always liked the atmosphere.
San siro as well would be good!

I hear it's a shit hole but it's one for the bucket list.
I'm booked up for April if we can travel by then but I'd much rather see Rangers playing there.
Went to see an Inter match couple of years ago, and done the tour on a different visit.

Whoever wins this seasons Champions League - I'd love us to play them in next seasons UEFA Super Cup Final.

I really want a PL side. Living down South, there are too many people who think we would not be able to compete. So I'd like an opportunity to prove them wrong.

Back