Teams you would love to see us play

Bayern, both Milan teams, Dortmund, Real Madrid and Ajax

Would love to go to all of their stadiums regardless but Rangers would be all the motivation I need

I’d like to see us play teams we have a history against, I’d go for Bayern and Inter. Throw in Dynamo Moscow to complete the group.

As Thursday night approaches , my mind wandered to the possibility of Champions League football next year. I’m getting greedy now I know.

But in a dream world who would you like us to draw in Europe on our 150th anniversary ?

I wanted to pick a team we hadn’t played so went for Real Madrid, only to find out they beat us over 2 legs in 1963 . A late Puskas goal at Ibrox gave them a 1-0 win and we took a 6-0 beating at the Bernabeau.

After a bit of research , we seem to have played nearly all the huge teams in Europe bar Liverpool , which I found surprising so with the Steven Gerrard factor , I will go for them.

Again, I know I’m being greedy wanting Champions League only a couple years after the Progres debacle but it’s a bit of fun and with 2 CL places up for grabs this year not too fanciful at all .
Taking pots out of the equation? Plus actually qualifying.. haha.. then I'd go
Juventus, real or ajax
That would be an easy group

Real Madrid, Milan, Bayern or Dortmund. Would love to have seen Arsenal at Ibrox when they had the likes of Henry, Bergkamp etc.

Panathinaikos

Give me an excuse to be in Greece for another couple of weeks. =) Drinking some Septem beer and watching Panathinaikos getting pumped by the Gers. Living the dream.

Bayern Munich, Madrid, Juventus, Liverpool and Dortmund. They would be pretty one sided contests though.... Couldn't live with us!

I would love to see us play Chelsea though to be fair

Real madrid.

ideally next year in our return to the chsmpions league, would be epic.

Real Madrid. I see them as the European version of ourselves. The biggest and most successful team in their world, as are we. Everyone loves to hate them but they have the glamour and the history.

Hamburg - links
Chelsea - fans
Reading - I love there
Real Madrid - why wouldn’t you?!
Any team with CR7 in it

Real Madrid - Haven't played them in my lifetime.

AC Milan - Have seen us play them in friendlies but not competitive games.

Arsenal - Historical game for us. Again only seen us play them in friendlies.

Boca Juniors - Liked when we played the Florida Cup and played a few of the famous Brazilian sides. Would like to see us playing some more South American giants at some point.

Last edited:
Dream CL group for next season for me is,

Real Madrid, Manchester United and Brussia Dortmund.

Real- Historically Europe's premier football club.
Man U- Stevie G link* and genuinely think they wouldn't leave Glasgow with 3 points.**
Brussia- There is space in Helander and Goldson's pockets for Haland and I think he'll be one to tell the weans about in the future, "I remember when he came to Ibrox... wasn't up to much" ala Messi and Papac.

*and none of the hand holding we'd get if it were Liverpool
** Man U won't make the CL next season.

Benfica were one of the teams I wanted. Somehow we've never played them in Europe. Liverpool are another.

Real Madrid all day long absolutely no question

Chelsea because it would be bedlam and they are so shite at the moment we would potentially have a chance of a result

Ajax because Ajax.

Certs to finish bottom of the group but what a buzz.

Would love Liverpool, it would be one of the highest watched games over the world.

I would also like any "big" English team besides City or Liverpool because we'd have a good chance of beating them.

Real Madrid is the obvious one, I know Walter Smith always wanted to play them.

Slightly left field, Boca Juniors in the World Club Championship....

Roma at home and most certainly away and outside of Covid restrictions of course. Don't really know why I would like to play them ;)

Dynamo Zagreb - ive got a Croatian mate and would love to see us play them and knock them out in style !!!

Plus we have never played them in a competitive game.

Taking pots out of the equation? Plus actually qualifying.. haha.. then I'd go

That would be an easy group
We didn't get asked for our easy group though just ties we'd love to see. I can't think of any others that would get me more excited.

As Thursday night approaches , my mind wandered to the possibility of Champions League football next year. I’m getting greedy now I know.

But in a dream world who would you like us to draw in Europe on our 150th anniversary ?

I wanted to pick a team we hadn’t played so went for Real Madrid, only to find out they beat us over 2 legs in 1963 . A late Puskas goal at Ibrox gave them a 1-0 win and we took a 6-0 beating at the Bernabeau.

After a bit of research , we seem to have played nearly all the huge teams in Europe bar Liverpool , which I found surprising so with the Steven Gerrard factor , I will go for them.

Again, I know I’m being greedy wanting Champions League only a couple years after the Progres debacle but it’s a bit of fun and with 2 CL places up for grabs this year not too fanciful at all .
Real Madrid.

Real Madrid or Arsenal for me competitively outside COVID restrictions ofcourse

Real Madrid

But would love to get Liverpool for next season's champions league(hopefully by winning the league this season) it will get more media attention than any other team we draw including even Madrid

Back