Teddy Sheringham interview

Really underrated striker ........ he had a style unusual to British football and played almost like continental number 10......but was great in the air too

Reactions: TQ3
Great read. Outstanding player. That was some season for Man Utd. 4 superb strikers playing for 2 places. That was the way to get the best out of them at all times.

Sherringham was a great forward - good with feet & head and not afraid to mix it up a bit with defenders. Worked incredibly hard for his team.

Sheringham was ahead of his time in terms of English football in the 90's when everyone was playing 4-4-f*cking 2.

Darren Anderton said he was the best finisher he ever played with which is quite compliment when you consider Shearer and Klinsmann are on that list.

Last edited:
Couldn't help read that I'm a cockney accent.

Always liked Sheringham. Great player.

Sheringham was ahead of him time in terms of English football in the 90's when everyone was playing 4-4-f*cking 2.

Darren Anderton said he was the best finisher he ever played with which is quite compliment when you consider Shearer and Klinsmann are on that list.

Klinsmann said he was the best strike partner he'd played alongside

Ready, steady, Teddy...4 nil.

An absolutely fantastic, technical player, could finish well and good in the air. Didn't realise he'd buried the 'atchet with Andy Cole.

As @SDF said, he was way ahead of his time in English football.

Sheringham was at my kids soccer school in Spain in 2004, he done a Q&A and I asked him if he preferred us or them, he said us and I'm sure Alex Rae confirmed this, he brought him up to an old firm when they were both at Millwall.

Were we ever linked with him? He would have been sensational for us.

I can remember Reporting Scotland back in the day saying that Rangers have signed a player from Millwall.... more coming in the sports desk later.
I was quite excited and figured it would be Sherringham only to find out it was Terry Hurlock!

I watched all of his PL goals on Sky recently. He was an unbelievable player who was terrific in the air. Teddy was still scoring goals in the top division in his late 30's and even at the age of 40 he scored the odd goal. He won PFA player's player of year at the age of 35 whilst playing for Man Utd.

Back