Telegraph pulls out of ABC circulation audit to focus on subscriber-first strategy

mdingwall

Administrator

Telegraph Media Group, publisher of the Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph, is pulling out of the ABC newspaper circulation audit, saying it is no longer a “key metric” for its subscriber-first strategy. The group said it would instead publish its core subscriber numbers each month for the first time as it focuses on its target of reaching 10m registered users and 1m paying subscribers by 2023.

The once mighty Daily Record, which, at its peak, sold 800,000 a day and the even mightier Sunday Mail, which hit the one million mark, are both on the very brink of plunging below 100,000. How the mighty have fallen. And will continue to. Reach is the new name for their publishers, Mirror newspapers. Reach for the bottom more like.

They have a chance.
They’ve been told for years there are a large number people willing to pay for a newspaper provided it focuses on footballing discussion and analysis.
Interesting articles and the odd long form read and stay away from the tittle tattle soap opera bollocks.

Are they interested? Nah.
Sleepwalking off a cliff the useless bastards.

They have a chance.
They’ve been told for years there are a large number people willing to pay for a newspaper provided it focuses on footballing discussion and analysis.
Interesting articles and the odd long form read and stay away from the tittle tattle soap opera bollocks.

Unfortunately for them proper journalists cost money.

They have a chance.

I'm not. Ten years ago the day after a win over the tims I'd spend close to a fiver the next day on papers even though I hardly bought one all year. I never bought one at ne'erday. I get all my news off my phone and the TV.

The once mighty Daily Record, which, at its peak, sold 800,000 a day and the even mightier Sunday Mail, which hit the one million mark, are both on the very brink of plunging below 100,000. How the mighty have fallen. And will continue to. Reach is the new name for their publishers, Mirror newspapers. Reach for the bottom more like.

Newspapers like them are on a very steep downward spiral. Back in the day the Record and Mail could afford half decent journalists that you would actually buy to read. Now they are scrapping the barrel when it comes to the type of journalist they can afford and boy does it show. The Record in particular is virtually unreadable now.

Like almost every area which used to have decent standards journalism has been at the forefront of dumbing down and numbing the public with sensationalist minutiae about TV Reality "stars" and Royal Family tittle tattle whilst the great issues are ignored. Great to see virulently anti British rags go further down the sewer of irrelevance. Boycott their physical copies and don't click on their links.

Back