Tell us about your Rangers scarf collection?

Blane Bear

I've got quite a few in my small collection the last one being a Rangers Midtylland half and half that will be treasured. Just wondering if there are Bears that have some rare or highly unusual ones with stories behind them. There must be a few cases up in lofts holding some classical Rangers Scarf memorabilia surely.

I usually give my scarf away at the end of the season. The only one I ever kept was a blue cotton one with the wee Rangers shields and white fringes, it was given to me in 1980 after the Scottish Cup final versus the scum.
I love that scarf, my eldest daughter will get it after me.

My Grandad gave me my scarf. He wore it to matches as a kid in the 30's.

On the way to Ibrox (Livingston at the start of the 04/05 season) my mate decided to hang it out the window. Forgetting it was there he put the window down and the rest is history. I was gutted.

I bought one not long after that and still use it to this day. That's about it for my scarf collection.

I swapped mine in Manchester with a Zenit fan, wish I hadn't! Same in Seville. I now have two flimsy shite foreign scarves. My Dad has a collection of one...his ECWC 72 scarf!

2. Both bar scars. First one I got as a child which I lost 10 years ago in a house move. Bought another n then the original one turned up.

I o my have 3

Blue bar scarf and white bar scarf, both from October 1985 and my first match. They will now be passed to my daughter and my son.

Other scarf is a scarf passed down from my dad, sandy row rangers scarf, never seen another like it so unsure of it's scarcity or not.

Talked about mine in a thread a few days ago, glad to see I'm not the only one with a small collection. I've got;

An orange 1690 one for playing the scum and hivs.
A poppy one for Remembrance Day and Armed Forces Day.
A Treble 2002/2003 one when I want to feel "retro" (it was the first one I got as a kid).
A No Surrender Union Bears one which, to be fair, I've never worn (bought it to support them).
A barscarf for every other game.
A reserve barscarf I keep at my dad's when I visit to watch a match.
Pretty sure there's a 7th scarf in the loft but not sure which one it is.

Yes, I did a massive clear out in the past few months, got rid of loads half and half one's and some from the 60's and 70's. Just about to sell one of the neck tie one's in the next couple of weeks too. Need to get more pics up soon.

Dont currently own one. Lost countless scarves over the years by leaving them on trains or in pubs after games.

My go to scarf is always the red white and blue equal sized squares. Quite rare to see them on sale these days.

Dont currently own one. Lost countless scarves over the years by leaving them on trains or in pubs after games.

My go to scarf is always the red white and blue equal sized squares. Quite rare to see them on sale these days.

My first scarf was like this. Never seen one since.

Current scarfs:
Long bar scarf
Simply the Best scarf
Bar scarf with poppy

Just some random ones from throughout the years tbh. Isn't an item I overly fuss over and rarely take a scarf to the matches.

Got my original thick wool knit bar scalf with a patch sown into it from 1985 my first game that my oldman bought me, ive gave it to my daughter and she wears it when she goes.

Ive got one of the Black & Red bar scalfs that ive never worn that i'll keep forever as i think it's a symbol of an unfortunate part of our history that needs to be remembered in later years.

Havn't worn one for years and rarely did but nice to have the 2 ive got.

A friend who passed away last year some will know on here had a room full of scalfs from all over. staggering amount was some collection.

Just had a fc Copenhagen \ Rangers delivered from 2003
i have about 50 scarf s mostly half and half European scarf s but a few from 70 s when we won treble different material
i bought a silk friendship scarf in Vienna last season in their official shop

Last edited:
Got about 20 at my maw’s, only about 3 at my place. None older than about 25 years old and all self bought. None passed down unfortunately.

Yeah ive used the famous pal. Was actually meaning the more “silk” type scarfs. Should have said that in the post.

The work done by the famous is top notch.

We don't have the machinery in our workshop to produce the old style woven scarves, but are currently working with another local Scottish manufacturer to see about producing a collaborated effort in this style in the coming season.

The older scarves were mainly woven Cotton, similar to Tweed. The more modern versions you see around these days are all synthetic Polyester, which is of a lower quality and not a material we want to use. Silk is very expensive so the hard wearing and traditional Cotton version is where we are aiming for.

Keep an eye on our social channels for more information ahead. Cheers

The typical red ,white and blue 'bar' scarf is one ive never had, always wanted a white version tho. At Pittodrie in 87, I was 17 and at the end when the crowd went mental and invaded the park, I dunno how but I got back on the benches at the Beach end and had one round my neck, no recollection of it getting there. My fav scarf and took it week in week out.... until the day David Cooper passed away, we visited the area set aside for tributes and I tied that scarf to the railings. Dont wear colours to a game now or take a scarf.

My 1970's original Blue, Red, White, Red. Blue bar scarf my Dad gave me. With hand sewn badges.
White bar scarf I bought at Mark Walters from a corner game against them (my only one).
Two Red White Blue equal squares I got when I first took my wife to Ibrox.
Traditional bar I got when I first took my sons to Ibrox.
All four priceless to this New Mexican Bear.
Almost forgot my Sandy Jardine tribute scarf from the last visit. Still get a small lump as it was his passing that made Rangers troubles hit me like a ton of bricks. I had held it in for several years but that put me over the edge. LEGEND.

Did have a fair old varied collection years ago but my kids seem to have lost them at school.
Now along with a couple of bar scarves I have a "college" scarf from the megastore (09) that my cousin gave me a loan of one freezing cold day as it was a really thick scarf. He sadly died about a year later, ironically I was wearing it to work that day. I also have a half and half crocheted scarf which is a bar scarf one half and black and white squares the other that my wife made me for the cup tie v Fraserburgh a couple of seasons ago.

We don't have the machinery in our workshop to produce the old style woven scarves, but are currently working with another local Scottish manufacturer to see about producing a collaborated effort in this style in the coming season.

The older scarves were mainly woven Cotton, similar to Tweed. The more modern versions you see around these days are all synthetic Polyester, which is of a lower quality and not a material we want to use. Silk is very expensive so the hard wearing and traditional Cotton version is where we are aiming for.

Keep an eye on our social channels for more information ahead. Cheers

Brilliant mate. I have spoke to you before on Twitter about these types of scarfs, I think theres a real market for them.

I had previously looked into getting this style of scarf made up for our RSC but as you say the material and quality of them really isn’t up to scratch.

Look forward to seeing this in the future!

Last edited:
Got a bad habit of losing them constantly when I'm steaming, tying them around lamp posts and whatnot. Wish I'd stop, not had one for ages now. Got one on my wall that's full of badges from when I was a wee guy though.

I’ve lost most of mine over the years. The only two I’ve got left are the one I got in Manchester, and a The Famine is Over one I got at the Emirates tournament. I still wear that to games.

Brilliant mate. I have spoke to you before on Twitter about these types of scarfs, I think theres a real market for them.

I had previously looked into getting this style of scarf made up for our RSC but as you say the material and quality of them really isn’t up to scratch.

Look forward to seeing this in the future!

Nice one pal, and yes there definitely is. Mainly because of how and what the originals were made of. It's a different market as well these days and there is something for everyone I guess, I'm personally not a fan of the cheaper Polyster ones but at the end of the day it gets the colours out there.

I’ve 4.
A bar scarf -replaced after the original went on the pitch at east end park when Norrie McCathie died.
A half and half Chelsea scarf from the pre season friendly we won, when Sebo scored, which has also graced a few Chelsea games.
Red n Black (Til we get our club back) which doubles as a Bournemouth scarf (I know).
And a massive 5 feet x 1 foot machine knitted job with RANGERS FC across it, I think from about 96, picked up from a seller opposite the entrance to the Astro pitch in front of the main stand. Every time I pass him wearing it, usually on a bitterly cold day, he goes “that’s an old one” :))

Back