Temperatures for Saturday's game

The problem here is that a lot of people, myself included, are still scarred from Seville. Have my kids with me and we are GF2 so will get the sun in our faces the whole game. Seville wasnt pleasant. Rangers have on previous occassions made water freely available during the early games back after the pandemic and they should do so again. This isnt normal heat for scotland, now says 29 on my app tomorrow. @Greg Marshall are there any special provisions being made to allow bottles of water to be taken in or make it easily available at ht?

I’m going for a few beers before the Cambridge match tomorrow it’s going to be 36 degrees plus, not really looking forward to it.
At least I can get a cold beer at half time to cool down. 27 degrees sounds quite nice :oops:

27 degrees is extremely hot for Scotland, and not everyone is comfortable in hot weather.

I sit second back row of the club deck and even in mild weather it's warm up there with the heat rising and being trapped under the roof. I'm dreading tomorrow.
Its not as if you are being trapped in a car with the windows up like an abandoned dug.

You are going to be in the shade with access to a functioning catering service and running water.

I'll just stick a bottle down the front of my shorts and maybe i''ll get a hug off the wee blonde next to me when we score

The problem here is that a lot of people, myself included, are still scarred from Seville. Have my kids with me and we are GF2 so will get the sun in our faces the whole game. Seville wasnt pleasant. Rangers have on previous occassions made water freely available during the early games back after the pandemic and they should do so again. This isnt normal heat for scotland, now says 29 on my app tomorrow. @Greg Marshall are there any special provisions being made to allow bottles of water to be taken in or make it easily available at ht?
Put some factor on, wear a hat and if you’re going to die of dehydration, fifteen minutes before you die just nip down to the catering and get a water or a fizzy juice! You’re going to be at the hands of the club for a couple of hours I’m sure you’ll manage!

Put some factor on, wear a hat and if you’re going to die of dehydration, fifteen minutes before you die just nip down to the catering and get a water or a fizzy juice! You’re going to be at the hands of the club for a couple of hours I’m sure you’ll manage!
We were at tge hands of a club for a couple of hours in Seville and people were collapsing. My kids were terrified but you make light of it mate.

Only if it’s above a certain temperature. 30 degrees at pitch side I think it is, we will rarely ever, if at all, get to those temperatures.
We will tomorrow, 27 degrees at kick off. Given that's in the shade then it will easily be 30 degrees on the pitch. I'm two seats from the back of the club deck. It's obviously shaded but the proximity to the roof makes it oven like! Shorts for me tomorrow :)

We were at tge hands of a club for a couple of hours in Seville and people were collapsing. My kids were terrified but you make light of it mate.
Temperatures were higher in Seville and people had been on the lash for days!
I will make light of it because it’s embarrassing! Its been going on for decades going to a game of football in the summer on a boiling day before the MSM started terrifying everyone gullible enough to listen! There’s about a hundred shops on the way to Ibrox that sell all you’ll need to cope!
I would love this weather every summer in Scotland!

We will tomorrow, 27 degrees at kick off. Given that's in the shade then it will easily be 30 degrees on the pitch. I'm two seats from the back of the club deck. It's obviously shaded but the proximity to the roof makes it oven like! Shorts for me tomorrow :)
Could be right regarding the threshold of 30 at pitch side, have we ever had a water break in Scotland before?

Temperatures were higher in Seville and people had been on the lash for days!
I will make light of it because it’s embarrassing! Its been going on for decades going to a game of football in the summer on a boiling day before the MSM started terrifying everyone gullible enough to listen! There’s about a hundred shops on the way to Ibrox that sell all you’ll need to cope!
I would love this weather every summer in Scotland!

The MSM put the fear of god into so many people these days on so many topics and unfortunately so many fall for it and get caught up in the hysteria. It's been ramped up in recent years.

Gone are the days when people would just get on with things, take personal responsibility and take things in their stride. Now, it's all panic, worry, confusion and fear. It really shouldn't be like this. It creates a weakness in society.

I couldn't get in with my water the other night. Steward was hawkeye. Strange because I normally just bring in a hip flask and conceal it, I need to be pished to be fly lol Tuesday night football

The MSM put the fear of god into so many people these days on so many topics and unfortunately so many fall for it and get caught up in the hysteria. It's been ramped up in recent years.

Gone are the days when people would just get on with things, take personal responsibility and take things in their stride. Now, it's all panic, worry, confusion and fear. It really shouldn't be like this. It creates a weakness in society.
This.

Its going to be a cracker of a day. Wear light cotton clothing, drink water and ice , pop on a pair of Ray Bans and enjoy watching the bears.

What’s the panic about the temperature etc?! People pay a fortune to go abroad to get this for a fortnight.

Give it a few days the normal shite weather will be back and we will all be moaning we never get any sunshine.

What’s happened to people?

How do folk cope abroad when it’s warmer than this every day? Hydrate before you go, buy a drink at the game, everyone apart from the Govan Front is pretty much in the shade.
Been to see lower league in Alicante and you can take it toes un but they remove the cap as it's harder to throw I guess.

they sell everything else just get some brand to label their own generic bottled water and have it stacked in pallets for free

27 degrees is extremely hot for Scotland, and not everyone is comfortable in hot weather.

I sit second back row of the club deck and even in mild weather it's warm up there with the heat rising and being trapped under the roof. I'm dreading tomorrow.
Pish.

Club deck is fuuckin Baltic most the time.

Can’t afford one sadly :))

Currently have the fan on and a bag of ice on my wrist!
I bought one years ago, hardly gets used since it’s Scotland, but it’s absolutely brilliant in weather like this.

Well worth the purchase, especially at night

This.

Its going to be a cracker of a day. Wear light cotton clothing, drink water and ice , pop on a pair of Ray Bans and enjoy watching the bears.

What’s the panic about the temperature etc?! People pay a fortune to go abroad to get this for a fortnight.

Give it a few days the normal shite weather will be back and we will all be moaning we never get any sunshine.

What’s happened to people?

I don't get it mate. A decent summer's day going along to watch the football in shorts and t-shirt is what most people in Scotland crave. Then when it actually becomes a reality, a mild panic descends and people have concerns etc.

Tomorrow will be fine. Light clothing, warmth, sun shining and Rangers at home playing on a perfect pitch. What more could you ask for ?! Shouldn't be any worries at all.

I'm going to put the tranny on, fill the bath up with cold water, lie on my back and listen to the full game!!

Paisley Road West tomorrow going by this thread :rolleyes: B-D
thumb-944-647x400-0-0-crop.jpg

It will be a beautiful day tomorrow for watching The Rangers. Can't think of anything better. The club should make concessions however for very young supporters and the elderly and those with health concerns by allowing them to bring in bottled water.

It will be a beautiful day tomorrow for watching The Rangers. Can't think of anything better. The club should make concessions however for very young supporters and the elderly and those with health concerns by allowing them to bring in bottled water.
IIRC, it’s a legal issue rather than club policy.

I’m sure someone on here posted it’s Scottish law that you can’t take bottles into the game, but I could be wrong.

I don't get it mate. A decent summer's day going along to watch the football in shorts and t-shirt is what most people in Scotland crave. Then when it actually becomes a reality, a mild panic descends and people have concerns etc.

Tomorrow will be fine. Light clothing, warmth, sun shining and Rangers at home playing on a perfect pitch. What more could you ask for ?! Shouldn't be any worries at all.
I know, the rare occasion in Scotland going to watch Rangers on a nice sunny day. The kind of thing you’d kill for an a dreary January afternoon.

Its not really comparable though.

Worst case tomorrow if you feel like collapsing leave the match and buy a big, cold bottle of juice from one of many shops or vans in the vicinity of the stadium and head home.

At the Real Madrid game last season they sent an email about being able to take cartons or pouches in. So we took a bag of frozen capri Sun which were great as drinks and to cool down! No one said a word when we walked in with them.

Thinking of trying that for Saturday as it was roasting in BR1 on Tuesday night!!
Capri Dun can disguise many sins my friend. We took 4 bottles into TRNSMT that were filled with sambuca and tequila from a funnel. So useful sneaking in compared to a standard plastic bottle.

I know, the rare occasion in Scotland going to watch Rangers on a nice sunny day. The kind of thing you’d kill for an a dreary January afternoon.
It will be damn sight more preferable to a match in January when it’s 6 degrees and pissing with rain, you are soaked before you get there.

Some people will just moan regardless. Bring it on, I’m looking forward to the game

Back