Ten years ago today over 49,000 Rangers fans filled Ibrox v East Stirlingshire.

One of the many things that make me proud of our club and our support.
The stadium filling on the journey back was incredible and also helped many of the lower league sides financially.

I can guarantee if the same thing befell the other half of the OF, they would be lucky to get 10K crowds at their home games.

We as a support stood together and never faltered and that really made the haters sick,they thought we wouldn't fill Ibrox and that we would be financially hampered, I will never forget their statement ""your (grand)children will be celtic fans"" We Are The People.........Your (grand)children will always be obsessed with Rangers...FACT

That’s the difference between Rangers and every other club in Scotland. The fans! Rangers fans follow the club wherever they play, whoever they play, and whenever they play.
Without those loyal troops we don’t get Gerrard or 55 never mind Seville.
So to every bear who attended through the divisions, even if it was only one game, thank you!
WE ARE THE PEOPLE!

3 little birds played as the spivs filled their deep pockets with our cash.

Don't worry about the cash. Cos every thieving spiv done all right.

I hate the song because of they rats

Last edited:
Took my son to his first game that day.

They were running a competition in the broomloan rear. Best goal celebration. At 3 years old, he won. The prize was a signed top. We've still got the ticket stubs somewhere from that day.

I keep threatening to mount it.

Great day out.

Took my son to his first game that day.

They were running a competition in the broomloan rear. Best goal celebration. At 3 years old, he won. The prize was a signed top. We've still got the ticket stubs somewhere from that day.

I keep threatening to mount it.

Great day out.

Ive still got my boys ticket stub from his first game. QOTS in 2014.

Flash in the pan. Within a month we were playing in front of 10,000 (at most) Isn't that right? Meanwhile all those sell-out Saturdays were making millions for the haters.
Ha-effin-ha.

Sat in the Copland Rear for the first time in years just around the barrier at one of the exits. The sun is blinding at this time of year as it lowers and then goes behind the Broomloan finally. Could hardly see the pitch for a period

Remember it well. Having sat through those years still maximises my appreciation every time I watch us play the top European teams at Ibrox. Can never forget what we went through and how hard we fought to return to our rightful place.

Novelty wore off after about 5 matches

Also, that “we don’t do walking away” speech from McCoist still gives me nightmares. Other teams still think it’s good patter and there was a pish TBO song based on it
McCoist knew exactly what he was doing, a man filled with emotion issuing a rallying cry to his fellow fans.

I enjoyed going through the divisions, it gave me a chance to experience grounds I'd probably never have gone to, it weeded out a lot of fairweather fans as well IMO

McCoist knew exactly what he was doing, a man filled with emotion issuing a rallying cry to his fellow fans.

I enjoyed going through the divisions, it gave me a chance to experience grounds I'd probably never have gone to, it weeded out a lot of fairweather fans as well IMO
Time has moved on and I’m mellowing but there was a time I strongly disliked McCoist the manager/man after the EGM fiasco where he refused to support King and co

That said, without McCoist and Jardine as figureheads, I don’t know if as many fans would’ve continued to go

Reappeared when Gerrard arrived
Can't disagree with you there, but the good thing is, I know from who was around me at that time and are still there today that these are the folk who when the chips are down will still be there backing our club and our team. There's also a special bond was created through "the journey" between fans.

I also can't wait for the day when (if) McCoist, McGregor etc come out and tell us what was really going on behind closed doors.

Can't disagree with you there, but the good thing is, I know from who was around me at that time and are still there today that these are the folk who when the chips are down will still be there backing our club and our team. There's also a special bond was created through "the journey" between fans.

I also can't wait for the day when (if) McCoist, McGregor etc come out and tell us what was really going on behind closed doors.
Agree to an extent but we’ve went from that to the division caused by mygers

Yeh it was mostly 40,000+. It did drop to about 34,000 for some of those December games after the novelty wore off. Still excellent crowds for that level.
That wasn't the first game back at Ibrox though it was a midweek game v East Fife. Charles Green talking to fans in the que for tickets.

Yeh it was mostly 40,000+. It did drop to about 34,000 for some of those December games after the novelty wore off. Still excellent crowds for that level.
That wasn't the first game back at Ibrox though it was a midweek game v East Fife. Charles Green talking to fans in the que for tickets.
Mind that game got delayed by a good bit. Did they not need to open the club deck or something due to the demand?

Was a pay at the gate

There was a bit of novelty factor for the first few months of that season.

Once the winter nights came in, the boardroom shambles became inescapable and the football became dreadful, it was a real slog. 13/14 was even worse. 14/15 we were terrible although at least there was a bit of jeopardy on the line.

Latest posts

Back