Terrible substitution

Aribo off. Bacuna on. At least Aribo has the ability to create that bit of magic to change a game. I don't see it in Bacuna.
Without looking back, I am sure Bacuna created a couple of good chances.
I would still have kept Joe on as he was having a very good game in my opinion and always looked dangerous.
I don't think creating was a problem today, it was just terrible finishing that cost us.

Bacuna came on for Wright, changed the game though.

Gerrard, Morelos and McGregor fucked it today.

Bacuna came on for Wright. Regardless, Aribo was dugmeat. Too many players don't give a f.uck these days.

Aribo off. Bacuna on. At least Aribo has the ability to create that bit of magic to change a game. I don't see it in Bacuna.
Bacuna played a great weighted through ball for Roofe who squared for Alfie, who in turn missed a sitter. If Alfie and others had taken his chances today we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Sounds to me that because Lundstram has turned things around, a new whipping boy is needed. I'm guessing for some that's Bacuna. I've not seen anywhere near enough of him for me to have made up my mind about him.

Bacuna created plenty when he came on and was an upgrade on Wright who started the game well but did nothing in the second half. Bacuna wasn't the problem today.

The main problems were Alfie who should have scored 3 and the far-too-negative later subs from Gerrard which invited Hearts on to us.

Aribo was best player on the park by a mile. Hagi was also having a good game. Both off. Bad decision

Both them were running on empty ten minutes into the second half.

The entire team was, our lack of fitness is shocking.

Last season we would have made 5 subs to freshen it up,

The subs were fine, Hearts were starting to get on top of us before them and we created plenty after them.

Alfie having a stinker and McGregor flapping uncharacteristically were to blame. Not the subs.

The subs were fine, Hearts were starting to get on top of us before them and we created plenty after them.

Alfie having a stinker and McGregor flapping uncharacteristically were to blame. Not the subs.
Shagger made 3 or 4 cracking saves to keep us in the game 2nd half. Yes he flapped, but why did the boy have a free header??

Aribo was pretty average today, no matter what kind of performance he puts in there always seems to be people who think he had a brilliant performance even when he didn't.

I think we changed too much and dropped further back in second half. We should have been playing the game in the opposing half especially at home.

Bacuna came on for Wright, changed the game though.

Gerrard, Morelos and McGregor fucked it today.

Harsh on McGregor. An error, no question but he has made 3 outstanding saves prior to that. Game should've been done long before that goal at the end.

Whilst Wright was not great, he was running into channels and creating space. He was also closing down their right hand side very well.

As soon as Wright went off, Hearts right back had all the space in the world.

Bacuna coming on changed the whole shape of our team and it gave Hearts much more room to exploit.

Whilst Wright was not great, he was running into channels and creating space. He was also closing down their right hand side very well.

As soon as Wright went off, Hearts right back had all the space in the world.

Bacuna coming on changed the whole shape of our team and it gave Hearts much more room to exploit.

Wright was knackered. Definitely the correct decision to take him off imo. Agree, he'd had a good game up to that point though.

Absolute nonsense. The two clearest chances of the game came directly as a result of him playing EXACTLY the right ball.

You need to find another scapegoat, mate.

So positive. By the looks of the highlights he was part of or created 3 very good chances which were woefully missed by our strikers.
Will need to get up to speed and get some minutes. However, he has shown he can look up, move the play forward and has played some nice balls, creating chances in the few glimpses we have seen.

He did what was asked of him today again. Our strikers didn't.

Back