Terry Hurlock versus Pacific Shelf

Bumplittledipper

I don't know if I remember this or have somehow imagined it. I put it out there for older Bears to put me straight.

I distinctly remember a game at the piggery in 90 or 91 where straight from kick off Terry Hurlock made a B line for that bastard Grant and literally ripped his shorts off leaving the taig standing in his Ys. The game had to be halted until Peter the unwashed went to get new, non ripped shorts.

I have dug through You Tube etc but cannot find any footage.

Anybody remember that?

I hope that it happened, otherwise I am dreaming about Peter Grant in his underwear which is a whole new issue for me to confront.

Talktalk

Graham Roberts has a far bigger impact v them than Terry H, I remember him going for a ball that he had no right to win and bloitetedthe ball away, Brian McClair absolutely shat his pants and never went near GR again and neither did any of his shellshocked teammates ,

I remember the Y front incident I’m sure by the time PG changed them there were not only skid marks but lumps

Gary Mitchell

Might have been the one he done the ashen faced wonderboy

As a young lad I celebrated those tackles on vhs like goals lol
Being there everybody done the same, there were some absolute belters through the years and refs seemed a lot more level headed considering how tight they got it off everybody.

I don't know if I remember this or have somehow imagined it. I put it out there for older Bears to put me straight.

I distinctly remember a game at the piggery in 90 or 91 where straight from kick off Terry Hurlock made a B line for that bastard Grant and literally ripped his shorts off leaving the taig standing in his Ys. The game had to be halted until Peter the unwashed went to get new, non ripped shorts.

Anybody remember that?

I hope that it happened, otherwise I am dreaming about Peter Grant in his underwear which is a whole new issue for me to confront.
It was tomm

Anybody remember that?

was it not tommy coyne?

derek145

Anybody remember that?

I do remember in one game Grant went in late on Hurlock and done him good and proper, Hurlock just jumped up and took the free kick. 5 minutes later Hurlock put Grant 6 foot in the air and you could here him squeal from my seat in the Copland rear. Now that was a hard man

Jimmy the Gent

The cup game in which they won 2 nil, we had 3 sent off including Hurlock, Rangers were 2 down at half time and we completely lost the plot 2nd half, funny thing is Peter Grunt was sent off early on in 2nd half and we were right back in it too. Hurlock walked, then Walters then Hateley.

Incidentally, Gough allowed himself to be out jumped completely by Tommy feckin Coyne which led to Creaney opening the scoring, they got a deflected 2nd soon after and we we never recovered, it was a horrible day and I was there.

Last edited:

ao2

WASthat the game that Elliot claimed he was racially abused by Rangers fans, but shut them up by scoring the winner? :p
He claimed the game ended 2-2 I think. Trouble is, apart from the fact that he was never racially abused by Rangers fans, there were no 2-2 draws between the sides back then. A total fantasist who should have been pulled up for it.

tazzabear

My dad at the time owned taxis and fulton's dad drove one of them after the game i was talking to fulton's dad he said"that bassa Hurlock kicked my boy all day he's covered in bruises and he even said he would kill him" it was hard trying not to laugh.
His dad cost me three months and a summer of trials because I tried to play football against him.
To be fair though, he did warn me!