Terry Hurlock versus Pacific Shelf

Bumplittledipper

I don't know if I remember this or have somehow imagined it. I put it out there for older Bears to put me straight.

I distinctly remember a game at the piggery in 90 or 91 where straight from kick off Terry Hurlock made a B line for that bastard Grant and literally ripped his shorts off leaving the poet standing in his Ys. The game had to be halted until Peter the unwashed went to get new, non ripped shorts.

I have dug through You Tube etc but cannot find any footage.

Anybody remember that?

I hope that it happened, otherwise I am dreaming about Peter Grant in his underwear which is a whole new issue for me to confront.

Graham Roberts has a far bigger impact v them than Terry H, I remember him going for a ball that he had no right to win and bloitetedthe ball away, Brian McClair absolutely shat his pants and never went near GR again and neither did any of his shellshocked teammates ,

I remember the Y front incident I’m sure by the time PG changed them there were not only skid marks but lumps

Might have been the one he done the ashen faced wonderboy

As a young lad I celebrated those tackles on vhs like goals lol
Being there everybody done the same, there were some absolute belters through the years and refs seemed a lot more level headed considering how tight they got it off everybody.

I don't know if I remember this or have somehow imagined it. I put it out there for older Bears to put me straight.

I distinctly remember a game at the piggery in 90 or 91 where straight from kick off Terry Hurlock made a B line for that bastard Grant and literally ripped his shorts off leaving the poet standing in his Ys. The game had to be halted until Peter the unwashed went to get new, non ripped shorts.

Anybody remember that?

I hope that it happened, otherwise I am dreaming about Peter Grant in his underwear which is a whole new issue for me to confront.
It was tomm

Anybody remember that?

was it not tommy coyne?

I remember him, Hateley and Walters all being sent-off during the same game against them. Must have been right before Souness quit.

Anybody remember that?

I do remember in one game Grant went in late on Hurlock and done him good and proper, Hurlock just jumped up and took the free kick. 5 minutes later Hurlock put Grant 6 foot in the air and you could here him squeal from my seat in the Copland rear. Now that was a hard man

The cup game in which they won 2 nil, we had 3 sent off including Hurlock, Rangers were 2 down at half time and we completely lost the plot 2nd half, funny thing is Peter Grunt was sent off early on in 2nd half and we were right back in it too. Hurlock walked, then Walters then Hateley.

Incidentally, Gough allowed himself to be out jumped completely by Tommy feckin Coyne which led to Creaney opening the scoring, they got a deflected 2nd soon after and we we never recovered, it was a horrible day and I was there.

Last edited:
My dad at the time owned taxis and fulton's dad drove one of them after the game i was talking to fulton's dad he said"that bassa Hurlock kicked my boy all day he's covered in bruises and he even said he would kill him" it was hard trying not to laugh.
His dad cost me three months and a summer of trials because I tried to play football against him.
To be fair though, he did warn me!

November 1990. We won 2-1:D

when you watch that clip. Mo scores in front of the jungle ! Yet no pitch invasions attempts on his life. Yet fast forward to what Alfie has had to deal with ! It unbelievable that Mo got booed but the hate for a young Colombian has these rodents beside themselves racially abusing him and want to get at him. Strange strange breed of scum they. Worse today than they where then. Liewell is totally accountable for their support being more extreme in everything they say and do! And nobody challenges them on it. Yet we sing a wee song and all hell breaks loose.

when you watch that clip. Mo scores in front of the jungle ! Yet no pitch invasions attempts on his life. Yet fast forward to what Alfie has had to deal with ! It unbelievable that Mo got booed but the hate for a young Colombian has these rodents beside themselves racially abusing him and want to get at him. Strange strange breed of scum they. Worse today than they where then. Liewell is totally accountable for their support being more extreme in everything they say and do! And nobody challenges them on it. Yet we sing a wee song and all hell breaks loose.
It was turned up from the O’Neil days. I grew up in the 90s and if it wasn’t for the Irish at the World Cup I’d have no idea who supported Celtic in the neighbourhood. For me that was the first little seed for what we have now but when MON came and the current bigot manager that is when they really ramped the hate.

My dad at the time owned taxis and fulton's dad drove one of them after the game i was talking to fulton's dad he said"that bassa Hurlock kicked my boy all day he's covered in bruises and he even said he would kill him" it was hard trying not to laugh.

Aye, in his dreams he’d kill him. Hurlock has probably shat harder things

Don’t think I ever seen Hurlock make a stray pass, he was a great player as well as being a crazed madman.
He has this reputation as some kind of hellraising maniac and while it was probably well earned, there was far more to him than just booting people.

His passing was outstanding and he could read what was happening around him very well too - had a knack of appearing to pick up a loose ball because he was following what was happening around him and anticipating what was going to come next.

The passing range was a surprise because of his reputation - it was a revelation to find that the guy could play football as well as terrifying opponents. Quite a combination.

Anybody remember that?

Was it not Tommy Coyne who got his shorts ripped?

It was turned up from the O’Neil days. I grew up in the 90s and if it wasn’t for the Irish at the World Cup I’d have no idea who supported Celtic in the neighbourhood. For me that was the first little seed for what we have now but when MON came and the current bigot manager that is when they really ramped the hate.

Agree 100% mate. I've made this same point in conversation a number of times. I'm probably 10 years or so older than you I'd reckon. I didn't feel things were as bad between the clubs and the supporters until Wibble's arrival. He stoked the flames and it's got steadily worse since.

The other catalyst was that fucking clown Jack McConnell. He came in and started all this pish about Scotland's shame re sectarianism, and wasted no time in planting the blame at the door of us and the scum. Yeah, cos clearly at that point in time Protestants and Catholics didn't live next door to each other, work beside each other, go to the same restaurants, bars, cinemas, marry each other, have kids together etc... :rolleyes: It was pure deflection from the knife crime, youth unemployment, drugs and loss of heavy industry which he did %^*& all about. The narrative was set and Rangers and our side of the "divide" sat on our hands whilst the other lot took full advantage and wasted no time in spinning a tale of how they weren't sectarian, they were political and they were the victims.

15-20 years later and we're still wading through the resulting shitfest on and off the pitch.

The cup game in which they won 2 nil, we had 3 sent off including Hurlock, Rangers were 2 down at half time and we completely lost the plot 2nd half, funny thing is Peter Grunt was sent off early on in 2nd half and we were right back in it too. Hurlock walked, then Walters then Hateley.

Incidentally, Gough allowed himself to be out jumped completely by Tommy feckin Coyne which led to Creaney opening the scoring, they got a deflected 2nd soon after and we we never recovered, it was a horrible day and I was there.

That fucker Rogan scored the opener in the 3-0 game too. A sore week all round really.

Anybody remember that?

I was at the game, it was Tommy Coyne

Agree Ddbear . Mon was full of hate and fed that into the narrative of the club and of course Liewell was getting himself into position too.

I do remember in one game Grant went in late on Hurlock and done him good and proper, Hurlock just jumped up and took the free kick. 5 minutes later Hurlock put Grant 6 foot in the air and you could here him squeal from my seat in the Copland rear. Now that was a hard man
The Warlock equalised every wrong doing to any team member on the field with payback loan style interest...
Statue required for the Warlock at Ibrox in bronze like Bomber Command or Dambusters crew.

Last edited:
Back