Thank you on behalf of the Wilson Family

RSEA

Official Ticketer
Hello All

Davie Wilson was my fiancées dad.

Today, some18 days since his passing we finally laid wee Davy to rest.

He had the most wonderful of send offs

Thank you to everyone who took time to gather at Ibrox to pay the most perfect of respects
It was heart warming and emotional

To all the wee man's family and friends who attended the Hurlet, thank you for your kindness, friendship and support
He would have been chuffed.
Ive never laughed so much at a funeral, it seemed wrong but so very very fitting.

Thank you to Heather Miller at Rangers media dept for her kindness, her 3 articles, her phone calls and her online Eulogy

Colin Stewart, John Greig and Peter McCloy at RFPBF Ltd - you wonderful people

Piper Ian MacLeod Milne for being on point - what a man.

The Rev McQuarrie, for his human skills, his visits to our family and a wonderful service.

Willie Henderson and Bobby Tait for their kindness, stories and humour

Anderson McGuire for being so understanding, respectful and professional

Scott McNair for his art and skill, with a beautiful order of service.

Enid Reid and team for her floral creations

Stewart Robertson, David Mason, Davie Graham, RFC and staff for everything you did for us.

All the staff back at Ibrox Members Lounge

Thank you to everyone who sent best wishes, messages and texts over the last month

Here is a photo of wee Davys bike in the trophy room today with some flowers off his coffin on the handle bars

Here sleepeth now a fellow who was always on the Square

God Bless you one and all
WATP

Last edited:
Hello All

Today after 18 days we finally laid him to rest.

Today he had the most perfect of send offs

Thank you to everyone who gathered at Ibrox and paid the most perfect of respects

Thank you to wee Heather Miller at Rangers for Rangers MEDIA dept for her kindless article and Eulogy

Colin Stewart at RFPBF Ltd

Piper Ian Milne

Rev McQuarrie

Willie Henderson and Bobby Tait for their kindness

Anderson McGuire for being perfect

Scott McNair for art and skill

Stewart Robertson, RFC and staff for everything you did for us.

Thank you to everyone who sent best wishes, messages and texts over the last month

Here is a photo of wee Davys bike in the trophy room with some flowers off his coffin at Ibrox today

WATP
SMIB

Hello All

Thank you to everyone who gathered at Ibrox and paid the most perfect of respects

Thank you to wee Heather Miller at Rangers for Rangers MEDIA dept for her kindless article and Eulogy

Piper Ian Milne

Rev McQuarrie

Willie Henderson and Bobby Tait for their kindness

Here is a photo of wee Davys bike in the trophy room with some flowers off his coffin at Ibrox today

WATP
Condolences mate. Great words and a fitting tribute

It was good to go along today and pay respect to Davie, a true Ranger.
Our thoughts are with the Wilson Family

I didn't have the opportunity to meet Mr Wilson but I met his son a few times at the NARSA convention through a mutual friend, as recently as the one a few weeks ago. He is a terrific guy and my heart goes out to him and the rest of the Wilson family.

Hello All

Thank you to wee Heather Miller at Rangers MEDIA dept for her kindles her articles and Eulogy

Piper Ian Milne

Rev McQuarrie

WATP

Hope his family are all ok mate.

Lovely words and tribute…. My dad knew Davie well from growing up in Newton and both playing at cambuslang rangers, I went to school with his daughter at cathkin high ..

Brings a tear to the eye, i also felt we let the man go to early as he still scored against the bheasts after he left us (he loved sticking the ball in their net) a fine man and a brother as well, he played in an era where Rangers were respected by all others and had a level playing field in the media not the sordid society we live in now in the republic of scotland. Thanks for the memories Davie Wilson.

A footballers playing days are short and it speaks volumes of the man that what he produced in a Rangers jersey was near fantasy stuff and is remembered all these years later. He wasn't to shabby in a Scotland shirt also. RIP Davy.

How lucky was I? How lucky were we? To have witnessed Davie on the wing throughout those winning years 60-65. That left hand side triumvirate of Caldow, Slim Jim and Davie. Arguably the best I’ve seen in all those years since. Little wonder I would hop, skip and jump down my street off to see us skelp those wee green tärriers, glowing in the knowledge we were about to beat them. And boy, did Davie enjoy doing that. I asked him some years ago what was it like to have been in the 1960 team that went to Parhead and beat them 5-1. He looked at me and said not many fans ever talk or remember that game, but he said it was one of the greatest performances he’d played in. God rest ye, Davie, and thanks for such wonderful memories.

Last edited:
How lucky was I? How lucky were we? To have witnessed Davie on the wing throughout those winning years 60-65. That left hand side triumvirate of Caldow, Slim Jim and Davie. Arguably the best I’ve seen in all those years since. Little wonder I would hop, skip and jump down my street off to see us skelp those wee green tärriers, glowing in the knowledge we were about to beat them. And boy, did Davie enjoy doing that. I asked him some years ago what was it like to have been in the 1960 team that went to Parhead and beat them 5-1. He looked at me and said not many fans ever talk or remember that game, but he said it was one of the greatest performances he’d played in. God rest ye, Davie, and thanks for such wonderful memories.
I love those words.

My old man adored him. He always told me, Davie Wilson scoring a goal for Rangers against anyone no matter how low their status was like scoring the winner against the filth, a cup final or the European Cup.

It's hard to get it into context but Mo_X has done so. In 1962/63 Millar, Brand and Wilson scored over100 goals between them in that season.

It would take all those years in the future that Messi, Neymar and Suarez would overtake that record.

Davie Wilson lived our dream.

Hello All

Thank you to everyone who took time to gather at Ibrox to pay the most perfect of respects

To all the wee man's family and friends who attended the Hurlet, thank you for your kindness, friendship and support
Ive never laughed so much at a funeral, it seemed wrong but so very very fitting.

Thank you to Heather Miller at Rangers media dept for her kindness, her 3 articles, her phone calls and her online Eulogy

The Rev McQuarrie, for his human skills, his visits to our family and a wonderful service.

Stewart Robertson, David Mason, Davie Graham, RFC and staff for everything you did for us.

Here is a photo of wee Davys bike in the trophy room today with some flowers off his coffin on the handle bars

WATP

Superb

Hello All

WATP

Lovely words, very fitting words,for a gentleman in Blue,i was 8 when my dad took me to the Hallowed ground in 1960,and wee Davie was an instant favourite of mine can remember so many games he played but when Eric Caldow broke his leg v England at Wembley we Davie went to left back and played a stormer,thoughts with you and MrWilsons family xxWATP

Back