Thank you on the jersey above the crest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must confess, I thought it was a thank you to the support. Didn’t occur it was to FLW. What a selfish old git I am...

Well i never heard any mention of this wonderful gesture of Thank You prior to seeing it on the jersey before the game.
Thank You RFC it said.
I know some shirt sponsors are banned in Europe so I thought cant be that.
So i just raised my glass to the telly and said Cheers Rangers!

Its obvious. In an Irish accent thank is pronounced tank and you is pronounced U which is short fot uzi. We are advertising to get more buyers cos we need the money

I know this is for the Lounge and it will upset everybody because we can't stand washing our linen in public and I don't want to be accused of schadenfreude, however my missus and I were back in Glasgow/Paisley for 5 days last week and whilst not a different planet it is certainly a different ball game/kettle of fish from here.

We ate out every day, travelled by car, train and bus, stayed in the Merchant City and Paisley and were absolutely shocked by the atmosphere and physical state ofthe place. It was heartbreaking to see.

I watched the Sheep game in the Rosevale (60 punters instead of 180, no standing, no shouting), had dinner with 2 NHS consultants (RHU & Jubilee) and walked through the town on several occasions, things did get better but maybe we just got used to it.

Walking past a closed Cruise and Corinthian, seeing Rogano boarded up as people queued for food handouts in George Square and the streets littered because GCC workers aren't back FT yet was utterly depressing. We can all clap but outside of ICU the hospitals have been empty and this will have another huge impact on mortality. Add in face nappies (c. P Hitchens) everywhere, that are useless at best unless you have Covid and actually deeply unhealthy after about 4 hours of wear (I was on day 4 when I heard this information) and you have an alien city. We always look forward to coming home because the people (aye, ok, the banter) make it, this time we encountered so much fear, anxiety, officiousness and rudeness that we were appalled.

I have family in Kyrgyzstan, the UK, as far as I could see, is much closer to them than it is Copenhagen. How fücking disgraceful is that?

Anyway, as the POTUS said, it is what it is.

I know this is for the Lounge and it will upset everybody because we can't stand washing our linen in public and I don't want to be accused of schadenfreude, however my missus and I were back in Glasgow/Paisley for 5 days last week and whilst not a different planet it is certainly a different ball game/kettle of fish from here.

We ate out every day, travelled by car, train and bus, stayed in the Merchant City and Paisley and were absolutely shocked by the atmosphere and physical state ofthe place. It was heartbreaking to see.

I watched the Sheep game in the Rosevale (60 punters instead of 180, no standing, no shouting), had dinner with 2 NHS consultants (RHU & Jubilee) and walked through the town on several occasions, things did get better but maybe we just got used to it.

Walking past a closed Cruise and Corinthian, seeing Rogano boarded up as people queued for food handouts in George Square and the streets littered because GCC workers aren't back FT yet was utterly depressing. We can all clap but outside of ICU the hospitals have been empty and this will have another huge impact on mortality. Add in face nappies (c. P Hitchens) everywhere, that are useless at best unless you have Covid and actually deeply unhealthy after about 4 hours of wear (I was on day 4 when I heard this information) and you have an alien city. We always look forward to coming home because the people (aye, ok, the banter) make it, this time we encountered so much fear, anxiety, officiousness and rudeness that we were appalled.

I have family in Kyrgyzstan, the UK, as far as I could see, is much closer to them than it is Copenhagen. How fücking disgraceful is that?

Anyway, as the POTUS said, it is what it is.

So what's Denmark doing differently then?

So what's Denmark doing differently then?

I would suggest they are not giving mentally challengeds preferential treatment at every level, and don't elect useless, corrupt, self-serving politicians whose aim is to destroy the country so they can blame everyone else.

I am a key worker in the NHS and it made me feel proud of all my colleagues and the work we have done. "All that stuff" is saving peoples lives.
As much as I think your profession is doing great work, I think the Supermarket chain all the way from the Delivery trucks to the people doing home deliveries deserve to be recognised as well as everyone who has contributed to fighting this Virus

As much as I think your profession is doing great work, I think the Supermarket chain all the way from the Delivery trucks to the people doing home deliveries deserve to be recognised as well as everyone who has contributed to fighting this Virus

It was aimed at all key workers, not just medical. I'd say the Supermarket chains fall into that category.

When UEFA’s elite club competitions resume this week, the shirts of every player will carry the words ‘Thank You’ in their team’s chosen language – a symbol of European football’s recognition of key workers for their tireless contributions on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back