Thank You Steven Gerrard and the Players for our European Adventure

Good point OP but the pant wetters will be along shortly to spread doom and gloom, telling us Gerrard is naive, the players aren't good enough etc.

From where we have come from to now I have enjoyed this years euro adventure it was way more than I expected and the team were in it to the end.

Now to the league and I expect us to strengthen in January and push on.

Wee side note Ryan Jack has been a stand out in Europe for us imo this year.

It's been fantastic what Gerrard has brought us but he is also at fault for tonight.

Learning curve for him though.

Absolutely gutted to not go through but we have far exceeded expectations and overall have done very well. The fact we qualified was a bonus itself, too take it to the final game was a great achievement

Won't deny I am disappointed that we are out but we have done well in Europe this season. To be playing on 13th December stil with a chance to qualify in our own hands is a great achievement

We should have progressed from the group, but overall I'm happy. We had no right making it to this stage if we're being honest.

Now let's focus domestically and get back on the training field.

Aye it's been a bit of a rollercoaster but they've given their all in every game.
Went beyond my expectations the European campaign so let's concentrate on winning the league.

Gloom and doom merchants aye.
We have created %^*& all in games against a Shite Aberdeen, 10 man Dundee side and now an absolutely rotten rapid Vienna team in a must win game.
Sorry if I'm not shouting from the rooftops about how wonderful we are.
Fact of the matter is despite a good start under Gerrard we are a very very poor side that lack bottle and creativity.

Have really enjoyed being back in Europe and competing.

If you'd told me in July we'd still be in it at the last group game I wouldn't have believed you.

Well done Rangers, now onto the league.

I agree but still maintain we are a far better side than Rapid. Far better.

In fact, I am at a complete loss as to why we are not through tonight.

They gave me 2 goals in Villarreal and a wee memory that will last me a lifetime. Onwards and upwards for the teddy bears. We are the people

100%.

Gave us a bit of pride back and if things broke differently for us then we may have got through the group.

Intimately we just weren’t good enough but it’s no shame.

We have to realise where we are, I accept that. However, bigger picture analysis shows we haven’t scored from open play in 3 games, that’s a problem.

Agreed. Would easily have taken that at start of season. Group stage minimum next season, especially if champs league

In the cold light of day tonight was a pipe dream 5 months ago.

Players have done remarkably well to get to the final game still in it.

Yes they have but we lost and drew games we should have won add in the terrible displays against the sheep (twice) and Dundee and for me something isn’t right. Gerrard looks unhappy strange stuff about some of the players it feels wrong no idea why but it just does. Hopefully a blip.

Good point OP but the pant wetters will be along shortly to spread doom and gloom, telling us Gerrard is naive, the players aren't good enough etc.

Shortly? They’ve been in full flow most of 2nd half. This place really is bi-polar.

Well done to the team. I’ve enjoyed the European matches but it’s clearly taken a toll on this young squad. Time to focus on domestic stuff now.

It's been a fantastic effort, I'm not going to criticise the players or management for being knocked out, especially when you consider where we've come from and without any co-efficient. Like someone in the other thread said, it's fine margins at this level, and we were unlucky.

Loved every fckin nail biting, head scratchin, aff ma head screamin, greetin, cheerin, gien it pure laldy, up and doon, pain and pleasurable minute of it. Thanks to the Rangers. More of the same in the future please. WATP!

Lots of highlights for including Watching the 2-2 game whilst getting pissed in Gran Canaria - brought back pride

Proud of the team and the management it was hard enough to make the group stages and we never once disgraced our self. Nobody gave us a chance a team built in one window and a manager in his first ever job gave us a chance to dream and for that I'm forever thankful

Last edited:
I’m with it, go stevie, I’m right there and bring on Hamilton. You’ve got a job to get rid of the crap but I’ve got you’re back. Only positives from me. WRTP

Head to head we were better than both Villarreal and Rapid Vienna and we got cheated against Spartak.

Who would've thought that we would've done so well with a brand new team? This run has restored some much needed pride in our hearts and all over Europe.

Thank you very much Stevie G, Dave King, all of our players and everyone else in the Blue Army! :cool:

Ps Anyone not happy with the overall performances should maybe Fûck off and support Barcelona or Real Madrid!

Well done Mr Gerrard n the rest of the team. Punching well above our weight in europe considering. Some excellent memories for us older bears but more so the young bears. Rapid game at Ibrox will be hard to beat. Wee mans favourite Rangers game so far.
Dust ourselves down, all hands on deck now for the push for 55.
Fans have been magnificent this season!!!

Agreed. In the end we've come up short, but a helluva ride to get to the point we were at tonight. Thank you Rangers. Europe is now gone, all focus on the league

I agree, nobody expected us to get this far and we gave a good account of ourselves.
Unlike when we drop points in the spl I never got angry with the team. Disappointed in some results of course but these teams are expected to beat us at this stage in our recovery.

wont sit well with the gloom and doom merchants of FF but as per title I would like to thank the manager and players for our European Adventure this season.

It’s been emotional

I agree lots of missed opportunities we should have qualified we’ve allowed a poorer team to beat us tonight. Just too much at the moment.

We simply don’t have enough quality in the final third and our midfield lacks invention.

Ross Mcrorie was excellent tonight - well done to him.

Well played each and every player who played his part and a big well done to the manager and his staff for the exploits in Europe this season.

NO ONE can criticize their endeavours on the European scene

Now we can focus completely on the domestic front and I hope that without the Euro distraction results can pick up.

I was absolutely gutted after dundee and aberdeen, was straight off the bearpit and didn't come back on for days. Feels different tonight somehow. We weren't the whipping boys that people thought or hoped we would be. Proud of our efforts

The Stevie G express will keep going and will be back in Europe next season, maybe just maybe champions league

Back