Thank You Steven Gerrard and the Players for our European Adventure

Rapid at home was my highlight of the run.

The noise at Ibrox when we thought we scored against Villarreal remembered me we scored against the Tim’s 2-2 and down to 9 men.

Perspective. It’s been great to see us back in Europe and no one imagined we would get this far. It’s not easy to make it to the Group stages and that shouldn’t be be forgotten easily.

Disappointing end, but well done Rangers....

Loved the long Euro run, got undone by poor displays against the Russians ( poor linesman decision as well) but on the whole it’s been great.

well done Rangers this is just the start of the rollercoaster with SG we done better than expected give us 55

Gloom and doom merchants aye.
We have created %^*& all in games against a Shite Aberdeen, 10 man Dundee side and now an absolutely rotten rapid Vienna team in a must win game.
Sorry if I'm not shouting from the rooftops about how wonderful we are.
Fact of the matter is despite a good start under Gerrard we are a very very poor side that lack bottle and creativity.

He’ll know what players he needs to come in January mate
Nothing he can do about it till then.

Overall a great achievement so trying to focus on that to mask the disappointment.

I never thought for a second that we'd have got to the group stages. It was a fantastic achievement to do so.

A very good European Adventure for the first time in 7 years or so and we put in a good account of ourselves. It could've been better but such is life.

I certainly have no complaints. Well done Rangers.

Didn't expect to get past the qualifying rounds so has been a bonus, although I think europe has had a detrimental effect on our league challenge.

I'm gutted but it's been really good this season.

Time to focus on the league. Get that creative midfielder that we're crying out for and try and push them as much as possible.

I couldn't agree more. It's not too long ago we were losing at home to Annan ffs, now we're disappointed to be pipped for qualifying for the last 32 in Europe. It was never going to be sorted in 6 months, but we've made decent progress. We'll done Rangers

From the very 1st qualifier till the final whistle tonight, It has been a fantastic adventure and effort considering the team is still new and learning. I have no doubt the team will be better and stronger for next years competition.

Well done Glasgow Rangers and of course OUR greatest asset.... THE BEARS.:):)

Rangers' campaign in Europe this season has been a success. I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but reaching the group stages was a huge achievment that has benefited the club in so many ways. Let's hope we can do the same again next season.

Highlights for me were the Maribor and Rapid games at Ibrox and the excrutiating pain of 9 men in Russia, followed by pure ephoria.

Stevie G has given us some pride back and allowed us to dream for thr first time in years.

Hopefully this will allow us to co concentrate on the league now after some re inforcements arrive in January.

I couldn't agree more. It's not too long ago we were losing at home to Annan ffs, now we're disappointed to be pipped for qualifying for the last 32 in Europe. It was never going to be sorted in 6 months, but we've made decent progress. We'll done Rangers
Great perspective in your post mate but it hasn’t stopped the bed wetters spouting their usual nonsense

If someone had said to me at the start of the season we’d have missed out on the last 32 in a last game shootout I’d have laughed at you.

In reality now, I’m disgusted we didn’t qualify from that group. The draw was very kind to us and we should have won the group. We’ll never compete in a weaker European group that’s for sure.

Massive January coming up. We need to secure 2nd in this league and try and have a go at the Scottish Cup.

Look at the nick of this.

Aye well done mate, so staunch.

This side has been in Europe longer than some Rangers sides that cost ten times more to put together.
Staunch patter, excellent stuff. It’s not the fact we went out, it’s the way we went out. But please continue to tell me how I’m so “staunch” (big negative) by thinking we should beat Spartak Moscow at Ibrox or having more than 2 shots on target in a must win game.

Reaching the group stages was one hell of an achievement.

The last 32 has proven to be a step we couldnt quite reach

The gaffer will know where our weaknesses are and that can only bode well for the future transfer windows.

Now, go get 55 Stevie. CHOO CHOO!!!

Absolutely.
Although I'm disappointed that we went out with a whimper over several ties, if you had said we would be here tonight at the start of July, I would have laughed.

Spot on mate. I remember sitting down at Ibrox on July 12th bricking it and hoping we could get through against Shkupi.

Bit of tactical tweaking and a bit of transfer activity needed to strengthen and this squad can continue to do good things

It really annoyed me over the last few years that the best atmosphere Ibrox had seen, and a lot of younger bears, was the 3-1 against Hibs when Holt and Waghorn scored.

That fixture in years gone by was just a run of the mill game so I was delighted to see European nights return and some crackin games under Gerrard.

Long may it continue.

Here here. Before this started, id have taken qualifying for the 3rd round. We more than matched 3 decent sides. Good for the finances, the prestige and a boost for the bears. Eye on the prize- the league.

Loving the appreciation thread as there is too much negativity. The boys did well and if it wasn’t for Greegsy we wouldn’t be talking about Europa League. Onwards and upwards bears

Look at the nick of this.

Aye well done mate, so staunch.

This side has been in Europe longer than some Rangers sides that cost ten times more to put together.
Exactly,how many rangers teams have we watched being dismantled by some not very good teams that we spent millions on building

Two sides to it:
Looking forward from the summer this is quite a run...lots of games, money and coefficient points.
But in context of group as it unfolded we should be through. Not counting Villarreal it was gash group.

We made a good few million and got a bit of pride back.

Invest that, along with whatever the board can muster up, bring in 3 top drawer starters, and not only will we be better equipped for next year's euro campaign - but we'll also be set to give St Pats a fu*king doing :)

Although we have exceeded expectations i am still entitled to be fucking gutted and wonder what if

We should have qualified from that group no it's or buts

Agreed 100%

All I asked when we qualified for the group stages was that we did not embarrass ourselves.

We did ourselves proud considering the group we were in.

Play on the Glasgow Rangers

wont sit well with the gloom and doom merchants of FF but as per title I would like to thank the manager and players for our European Adventure this season.

It’s been emotional
Well said mate, really enjoyed the wee adventure in Europe this year - exceeded expectations, many great performances along the way, and a few awesome atmospheres at Ibrox as well.

Thank you:cool:

Back