Thanks to the thief in the Govan today

What’s most scummy about this is that the person who most likely took this (given it was replaced with an old one) obviously knows the challenges someone must face who needs this kit and thought f@*k it, I’ll take it anyway.

Sickening, hope your friend is OK and also hope it was accidental

That would be a seriously horrible thing to do to someone

Firstly, who steals a walker?
Secondly, the person who did steal it appears to use a walker (since they had one to leave in its place), so knows how important it is to the person it belongs to.

That makes it low.

But by one of our own? Inside Ibrox? Give me a break. Life ban. End of. We should look out for our own (and the fundraising shows we do) - we don’t need people like that.

Whoever took it must return it, or be dealt with. That's not "normal" stealing, which is scummy enough, its a whole different level of scumbag behaviour.

Read the post initially with genuine disgust that someone could do this to a fellow Bear with a disability...

But now I'm also thinking it'd be a pity if the poor crater or his/her carer/steward who inadvertently lifted the wrong apparatus by mistake, for that guy/girl too obviously has mobility issues.
Let's not do a FF lynching until we know the full story.

Read the post initially with genuine disgust that someone could do this to a fellow Bear with a disability...

But now I'm also thinking it'd be a pity if the poor crater or his/her carer/steward who inadvertently lifted the wrong apparatus by mistake, for that guy/girl too obviously has mobility issues.
Correct. These things are all stored in the same place, it’s clearly been a mix up.

I would also like to think that is what happened, a carer may have taken the wrong one by mistake. My father in law had MND many years ago and by the stage he needed a walker he would also have had someone helping him anyway, so may have genuinely been taken by someone who was helping as a one-off or not a regular carer.

let’s see what you have got follow follow
Thanks to you all for the supportive words and live it up (who we've never met) for the fund which will cover a replacement. Truly the most wonderful football family in the world. Alan is very grateful for the support and kindness.

I genuinely hope it's just been a mistake by maybe a carer or if the person needs a walker, they maybe also have issues with their eyesight for instance.

They have maybe got up the road, realised their mistake but are unaware of how to sort it - I mean how would you (I'm assuming you don't leave contact details)?

Fantastic performance from all bears who donated.

I'll happily pay in to a just giving although whoever is doing the stewarding these days should be paying up for that. No way should that have been allowed to happen

I dropped my phone in the Tokyo Dome when I was in Japan, and someone handed it into security. When I went to lost & found I had to describe the type of phone, identify a photo of it, describe the lock screen - Ryan Kent's scary shooting celebration - and unlock it before I got it back. Might sound excessive but took a minute and total and it's miles better than just trusting folk not to thieve something better than what's theirs.

My mate Alan, a season ticket holder, good friend and staunch bear, was sadly diagnosed with MND last year. I met him and his son when I got my ticket in the Govan 8yrs ago. Several of us have became good friends and travelled to away games, nights at the louden and nights at Ibrox like The Rally.

The point I'm making is that he is a really decent Rangers man and has missed supporting our team in person.

Today he was lucky enough to get to the game but had to use his 3 wheeled walker.

The stewards wouldn't allow it to be stored securely and guided him to a section to leave it.

At the end if the game, he waited for the crows to leave and when he got to where he was told to store the walker, it had been stolen and an old damaged one left in its place.

There was no way this was accidental, I just hope that when the club look into this, that the clown that took it is banned for life.

Hopefully it can be recovered as they are nearly £300.

This really affected my mate and caused him an upsetting end to what should have been a great day.

Bear on bear thievery? That’s the behaviour of an absolute cretin.

I would also like to think that is what happened, a carer may have taken the wrong one by mistake. My father in law had MND many years ago and by the stage he needed a walker he would also have had someone helping him anyway, so may have genuinely been taken by someone who was helping as a one-off or not a regular carer.
I like your mindset. Clearly 2 decent minded people that are giving the benefit of doubt but it was taken and the model left in its place was nothing like this one.

Defo not a mistake mate. It's an immaculate model and a piece of 5hit left I'm place.

Also, sorry to Name my mate but he's very popular and perhaps if bears knew it was his it might jog a few memories.

I have a pic but don't know how to post.
Exactly, it could never have been a mistake as the person would have known their own walker as would the people who were with them. this is a disgrace and the person who took it is a grubby thief..

Just donated to the just giving.

I can't believe what I'm reading but I'm hopefull it has simply been a mix up, to think a fellow bear in a similar situation to the OP's friend could stoop this low towards a fellow bear just beggers belief.

Back