Thanks to the thief in the Govan today

Well done bears, that's a fantastic sum.

OP, can you take this up with the club? If their rep has insisted it be stored somewhere that might imply liabilty.
Hi,

Talking to Alan about where to take this next as i don't think that the clubs really responsible.

I need see if the club manage to help with the CCTV but there's every chance it was a one off the guy was in that stand and may have been a one off game.

Thanks

Hi,

Talking to Alan about where to take this next as i don't think that the clubs really responsible.

I need see if the club manage to help with the CCTV but there's every chance it was a one off the guy was in that stand and may have been a one off game.

Thanks
I’d imagine that you’ll actually have to report the theft to the police & they will then get access to the CCTV etc.

Absolute scummy behaviour whoever did this.
Surely in this day and age there should be a way to secure bikes and walkers etc.
Still thieving is abhorrent. Hope whoever did this feels good about themselves.

This is a great gesture by fellow Rangers supporters. It's a shame it had to be done in the first place. I hope the thief is captured on CCTV.

If the area where the theft took place isn't covered by CCTV, all the exits should be. So i'd say it would be pretty straight forward to trace the theif's movements with the walker. It's not like he could hide it in his jacket.

UPDATE 2: I’ve just spoken to Alan who has now spoken to rangers, they have insisted that they will pay to replace his stolen Walker. What do people think is best done with the donations..

A. Donate all proceedings to MND scotland
B. Donate all the money to Alan to help with funds for adapting his home
C. Refund all donations

don’t want to make the decision as it’s everyone’s hard earned money and they should have a say in this?

Surely it will show up again at the next home game? Or else the person who has it will not be attending any more games.

UPDATE 2: I’ve just spoken to Alan who has now spoken to rangers, they have insisted that they will pay to replace his stolen Walker. What do people think is best done with the donations..

C. Refund all donations

don’t want to make the decision as it’s everyone’s hard earned money and they should have a say in this?

Tremendous from the club. If Alan was agreeable (and others who have donated), I'd go with splitting between A&B.

C. Refund all donations

Fantastic from Rangers again.

Refund everybody that has donated.

No doubt was a simple misunderstanding, I’ve been on golf outings where folk have taken the wrong trolley or bag home.

I am not wanting to make sweeping assumptions but maybe the person that took the wrong one has more than mobility issues, possibly sight and probably doesn’t spend their time trawling FF, and once they realised their mistake they were in a position.

Sometimes it’s best to make some basic enquiries rather than jumping the gun and labelling someone a thief.

Just seen this thread, Our fans never fail to turn out to help fellow bears when they need it. Makes you proud to have so many kind hearted people within our support

No doubt was a simple misunderstanding, I’ve been on golf outings where folk have taken the wrong trolley or bag home.

I am not wanting to make sweeping assumptions but maybe the person that took the wrong one has more than mobility issues, possibly sight and probably doesn’t spend their time trawling FF, and once they realised their mistake they were in a position.

Sometimes it’s best to make some basic enquiries rather than jumping the gun and labelling someone a thief.
You are NOT living up to your username. ;)

Amazing gesture guys, very kind.
I have a picture of the walker but technologically thick and not sure how to post. Thanks again. My mate was very emotional when I told him what everyone's done for him.
Difficult time when on top of the illness, he's faced with more than the price of my 1st flat to adjust his home to make it easy access and a shower room. This was a cost that he could do without.
Since the club has said they will replace the walker, maybe the fund could be used to assist in paying for this expense? I'm sure the donating parties would be agreeable to this good cause.

I'll be happy for my contribution to be split between A & B. It's still needed for a good cause regardless of the great gesture by the club.

We bitch and moan on FF most of the time, but by God we pull together when needed.

Great from the club and all who donated

let's hope they deduct from the security companies bill as they are liable

Just donated.
Scum of the earth, some bastard stole my 2 granddaughters coats when they were left on a fence next to a kids play park the other day.

Great response from the club.

Before my cousin was wheelchair bound for good I used to be able to lift him out of it and onto his seat in the front row of the east enclosure.

Was it over at the very end of the enclosure were people put their wheelchairs, walking aids?

If somone was as bad as you describe, they wouldn't go to a game alone mate. This would mean their "carer" would have known they didn't have the correct walker.
Sorry but for me, the walker was stolen. As for the cash that was donated, the guy should be allowed to keep it and put it towards the adaptions needed to his home due to his disability.

C. Refund all donations

I donated to a fellow Bear and I'm full of pride with the Club for following up on this the way they have.

Split the money between A & B.

I’ll buck the trend and say B.
It was started to cover Alan’s loss and therefore Alan should benefit from the kindness of his fellow fans and friends.
We all do charity in our own way, but this guy needs our help at the moment.

The op has said it was a brand new Walker and the one left was old and bashed up..Hardly the same as taking the wrong trolley home from a golf day. It was scumbag behaviour and sadly we do have some in our support.

brilliant effort From the FF bears who have shown the Rangers family comes together when needed.

This worries me, we are thinking of getting my old mum a wee wheelchair to get her from where my brother parks to the stadium, hopefully to store it and use it to go back, but if there is not a method of safe storing it’s a bit worrying. Would like to add, we took her yesterday and my son helped her through the turnstile at the West Enclosure , a steward noted her being helped and asked my son if she was being collected at the end , he said she was by my brother, the steward promised to get her out to him safely! He helped her to her seat, then with 10 minutes to go he and a female colleague came to her and told her to sit tight and wait till the rush was over, at the end they came and grabbed a wing each and helped her out to my waiting brother and nephew! Absolutely outstanding by the stewards and they really really made her day ! As an 81 year old she appreciates the old fashioned things like looking after the elderly and she has done nothing but rave about this to all her friends and family ! I messaged the SLO on Twitter, but if Greg is looking in the the stewards at the west enclosure 48& 49 entrance deserve a big thank you from my family !
That's awesome

Not right, something like this is shocking and I only hope it's been genuine mistake. Donated something to help out, all the best Alan, take care mate !

My mate Alan, a season ticket holder, good friend and staunch bear, was sadly diagnosed with MND last year. I met him and his son when I got my ticket in the Govan 8yrs ago. Several of us have became good friends and travelled to away games, nights at the louden and nights at Ibrox like The Rally.

The point I'm making is that he is a really decent Rangers man and has missed supporting our team in person.

Today he was lucky enough to get to the game but had to use his 3 wheeled walker.

The stewards wouldn't allow it to be stored securely and guided him to a section to leave it.

At the end if the game, he waited for the crows to leave and when he got to where he was told to store the walker, it had been stolen and an old damaged one left in its place.

There was no way this was accidental, I just hope that when the club look into this, that the clown that took it is banned for life.

Hopefully it can be recovered as they are nearly £300.

This really affected my mate and caused him an upsetting end to what should have been a great day.
I would like to say a massive thank you to everybody. With your messages & donations it has been overwhelming & very kind from you all to help me & Yvonne with your amazing gift. We will be putting your donations towards a
wet-room adaptation I need to get ASAP.
Rangers have looked at the CCTV & didn't see anything or who took my walker which was disappointing. Rangers are going to refund the price of my new walker that is much appreciated. So I just hope going forward this sorry situation doesn't happen to any othe fan again within Ibrox never mind anywhere else.
5️⃣5️⃣

Thank You,

Alan & Yvonne McGeachy

I would like to say a massive thank you to everybody. With your messages & donations it has been overwhelming & very kind from you all to help me & Yvonne with your amazing gift. We will be putting your donations towards a
Rangers have looked at the CCTV & didn't see anything or who took my walker which was disappointing. Rangers are going to refund the price of my new walker that is much appreciated. So I just hope going forward this sorry situation doesn't happen to any othe fan again within Ibrox never mind anywhere else.
5️⃣5️⃣

Thank You,

Alan & Yvonne McGeachy
Welcome to the forum, so glad that you can put the fund to good use. Good luck with wet room and I hope it makes life easier for you.

Believe it or not, from what I have seen it is a great bunch of guys and girls in here, and love to help out where they can.

5️⃣5️⃣

Thank You,

Alan & Yvonne McGeachy
Very well deserved mate! from our wonderful Rangers family to a great guy that Is a great example of what a Rangers supporter should be and act like.
Respect to the club for taking care of Alan too. I'm very proud.

5️⃣5️⃣

Thank You,

Alan & Yvonne McGeachy

Welcome to the forum mate. Glad you're being looked after by the club.

Welcome to the forum, so glad that you can put the fund to good use. Good luck with wet room and I hope it makes life easier for you.

Believe it or not, from what I have seen it is a great bunch of guys and girls in here, and love to help out where they can.
Great news the club are replacing the walker and welcome to follow follow forum!

Back