That 9 game stretch final dagger in their heart

BlackfordLoyal

After what happened at St Mhidden that night to go on a 9 game undefeated stretch like that whilst beating them, Sheep away and beating the Hivs home and away absolutely incredible the last 45 days or so truly stuff of champions.

Make no mistake last night was the final nail in the coffin and dagger right through the heart of the scum.

Last edited:
After what happened at St Mhidden that night to go on a 9 game undefeated stretch like that whilst beating them, Sheep away and beating the Hivs home and away absolutely incredible the last 45 days or so truly stuff of champions.

Make no mistake last night was the final nail nail in the coffin and dagger right through the heart of the scum.
It would be interesting to look at some of the mental threads on here after that St Mirren defeat.

I fully agree.

Last night was the clincher for me. All we heard through December was that we would fall apart in January and had been lucky to that point. Then after losing to St Mirren it was about how our demise was coming early and the tims would be ahead by February.

Thankfully, we just focused on our job and didn't let one bad game throw us off track. The consistency shown in the last nine games has been a true mark of champions and its just a matter of time now.

I want them crushed though. It is no time to take our foot off their necks. Keep racking up the 3 points and watch them crumble.

The ones I know thought we would crumble after the cup loss and how they had found form again but for me winning the games round Xmas time were vital and then to beat them was vital as well.

They had the Dubai fiasco but still thought we would drop points at Shitodrie and last night. The fact we were unbeaten in that 9 game spell and had at least a 7 point swing in our favour this has killed them.

However they do get the trophy for sale of fringe player and I suppose they'll celebrate if Cler does Alfie B-D

Watching the games from that Motherwell game at Ibrox onwards were nerve shredding, but ultimately superb. It being over the holiday period just added to it all, an incredible run from the teddy bears.

I would like to beat them in the Scottish Cup final with an office goal or deflected winner just to round off the season.

The Motherwell game off the back of that St Mirren defeat, was massive.

The players showed a real determination and strength of character to dig deep, to try breaking down an ultra defensive Motherwell & not only pull the game level, but to go on and win it.
Totally agree - the words "here we go again" were on my mind at half-time.

Make no mistake last night was the final nail in the coffin and dagger right through the heart of the scum.
The reaction from the team since the St Mirren game has been nothing short of outstanding. That match was a wake up call that nothing will come easy.

Said that to someone today
Every passing game we win it’s just us slowly twisting the knife some more.
Every game we have played they have been thinking/ hoping we drop points and we haven’t.
A slow torturous death is much more fun

After St Mirren everyone was calling us bottlers again and even plenty of people on here were starting to shite themselves.

The fact Celtic were the better team in the OF game yet we still won makes it even sweeter though. In their minds they still see us as being a poor side in the same mould as Pedro or Murty's sides.

Hibs was the big one. Any slim opportunity opening for them before the split relied on us dropping points vs hibs. To have got out of January 14 points clear, every 3 points now is closer to the title but also destroys them. With some tough away games to come I think they'll drop more points.

The St Mirren cup game may have just been the best thing to have happened to us
At the time I was not happy at all
But, looking back it showed Gerrard we play our strongest team
If we had won that playing a weakened team im sure he would have tried that again in a league match and could have cost us 3 points
Whilst the gap is bigger now dropping 3 points around that time may have hurt us more
We will never know but Gerrard is showing he is learning all the time.
I still won't be celebrating anything just yet but last nights win was massive for us

Next 3 are well winnable. St Johnstone (H), Hamilton (A) and Kilmarnock (H).

That will leave 9 games with us effectively having to lose 6 of them.

That will kill them stone dead.

Undefeated in 10 against the spoon burners, no longer a fear factor in going away to Easter Road and Pittodrie now

It would be interesting to look at some of the mental threads on here after that St Mirren defeat.

Had threads with people saying they couldn't sleep that night and one saying he couldn't eat lunch the next day.

Was hysterical.

Motherwell at Ibrox that Saturday was the key. Put out cup few days before and go behind after 4 minutes to a team who were intent on parking bus, then struggled for well over an hour to break them down.

That was the day it could have derailed quite easily. But we found a way.

Make no mistake, that day was absolutely pivotal. The players perhaps needed that challenge and to overcome it in the way they did, that's what makes champions!

I fully agree.

Last night was the clincher for me. All we heard through December was that we would fall apart in January and had been lucky to that point. Then after losing to St Mirren it was about how our demise was coming early and the tims would be ahead by February.

Thankfully, we just focused on our job and didn't let one bad game throw us off track. The consistency shown in the last nine games has been a true mark of champions and its just a matter of time now.

I want them crushed though. It is no time to take our foot off their necks. Keep racking up the 3 points and watch them crumble.
Credit to the team, to beat Celtic then Aberdeen and Hibs away, brilliant, granted some games haven't been as silky as we'd have liked but it's just about getting the points in the bag and if anything the defeat to St.Mirren has galvanised us and sometimes with key players missing where I thought we might have buckled. But what team effort,

Fair point but if it meant we stayed on course for the league,it was worth the sacrifice.
Sometimes the NIAR side lost cup games, but it propelled them to go on winning runs. This side are emulating that winning mentality, every defeat hurts! But it is what you do next that counts.
This was a big victory. We have our focus back too.

Whilst the St Mirren result wasn't the one any of us wanted, if may have been the catalyst to re focus the players minds. They have all been nothing short of machine like in their unified approach to each game, unrelenting, unwilling to stop and ultimately glorious to watch

People calling the players losers, bottlers and shìtebags after it.

Exactly the type of spoilt bastard behaviour the filth exhibited on The Day Of The Flying Shark.

You know what, see after the decade we have had and the disappointments of past few years, I'm going to give people a little slack. We have been damaged as a support and until we are winning things again on a regular basis that damage will persist.

To compare a few folk wetting their pants on a forum to tha actions of a support that have had unprecented success basically rioting is a little over the top I feel.

For me it all began after the final whistle at Easter Road in late September. Goldson said so himself back then too.

Questions were asked, we went to Willem and took them apart. Our run from then on up until the league cup defeat was sensational.

We had a minor set back at Fir Park, which was inevitable, and responded like Champions.

Gerrard, his staff and the players have been bloody tremendous and I can’t praise them high enough.

A proper Rangers team.

I'm delighted with this season and the recent run we've had. But I'm still gutted about that St Mirren result, I wanted that cup. Maybe I'm just a greedy bastard.
Match threads are full of Timposters and panty wetters. I have avoided going in there during matches this season.
It is a joke the amount of negativity in there, when we are in a tough match.
Last night was a very tough match and was always going to be, a draw wouldn’t have been a bad result IMO.

I want a win and always do, but the Edinburgh mentally challengeds will always fight us like their life relies on it.

The way things are going if we keep adding wins and they even drop another 2 points. There Is a real chance we can win the title on there shit hole early march or as is more likely we possibly could crowned in week 32

Looking for a silver lining, I think the St Mirren game was a wake up call to the team and whilst every performance since then hasn't been great there has been a resilience and efficiency about them, a great run of games.
I was very contented watching the game last night and never at any time concerned for dropping points, in fact at one point in the second half it actually looked like we had about 3 extra players on the pitch, we covered so much ground, every loose ball was picked up by a Rangers player whilst the substitutions came on with no real drop in momentum or quality.

The 1st old firm game was the most important result of the season, if we had lost that it would have been a huge psychological blow, the Motherwell game at Ibrox runs it close enough, that was a monumental day and one of the most crucial results on years.

Oh no Alfie scoring the winner running to the camera holding his hands up to show the ten then doing his slit throat gesture B-D
Or reaches into his sock, pulls out a red glove and runs past Lennon doing an Alan Shearer style raised arm celebration:D

After St Mirren everyone was calling us bottlers again and even plenty of people on here were starting to shite themselves.

The fact Celtic were the better team in the OF game yet we still won makes it even sweeter though. In their minds they still see us as being a poor side in the same mould as Pedro or Murty's sides.

i don’t think they were - happy for them to think that

I think they had a better chance to score early on and more shots that mcgregor had to save but they weren’t world class saves - the best save was from when they were offside

Back