That 9 game stretch final dagger in their heart

I'd agree that last night was the clincher, they would have been watching last night hoping we'd drop at least 2 points. Keep this momentum going, with a strong convincing win at Livingston too, then skelping them twice to finish off the season we've all been waiting for.

Not that I am comparing the two squads and teams obviously, but look at the way Bayern Munich absolutely stamp their authority on the Bundesliga. The best team on the planet on their day and they've went in at half time losing to Mainz, drawing with Union Berlin and others. They come out, play their game, and inevitably leave with the 3 points. We have done the same this season. Some average/ok performances, but you just trust the players to find that winner. Resilience and belief is as important as style.

Only thing I’m gutted about is that when we win the league, there will be no fans in the stadium or back at Ibrox afterwards.

Place would be absolutely bouncing, and the players would be lapping it up.

Shame that they’re going to miss out on that.

You know what, see after the decade we have had and the disappointments of past few years, I'm going to give people a little slack. We have been damaged as a support and until we are winning things again on a regular basis that damage will persist.

To compare a few folk wetting their pants on a forum to tha actions of a support that have had unprecented success basically rioting is a little over the top I feel.
It's not usually a road I'd go down, but the abuse of the players that night was a disgrace.

We'd won our Europa league group and sat about 20 games unbeaten in the league that night with a good lead over the filth.

I can understand fans being upset at the manner of us losing the game, but the level of it was completely unjustified.

Given that we'd just spent the previous few weeks laughing at the tramps, it was more than a bit disappointing to see.

The Motherwell game off the back of that St Mirren defeat, was massive.

The players showed a real determination and strength of character to dig deep, to try breaking down an ultra defensive Motherwell & not only pull the game level, but to go on and win it.
Agree with this - looks to have been one of the most pivotal games of the season.

After what happened at St Mhidden that night to go on a 9 game undefeated stretch like that whilst beating them, Sheep away and beating the Hivs home and away absolutely incredible the last 45 days or so truly stuff of champions.

Make no mistake last night was the final nail in the coffin and dagger right through the heart of the scum.
Jesus Christ :D

Had threads with people saying they couldn't sleep that night and one saying he couldn't eat lunch the next day.

Was hysterical.
It was crazy.

We had some people on here who wouldn't have looked out of place moonhowling on Clyde

Every bit as bad as Kevin from Bishopbriggs and Articulated Laurie

I've stopped going into it. Every bad touch is jumped on by angry wee men. I get it, its the passion of the moment, but sometimes its okay not to want a player sold for missing a chance :))
Ill be honest. I think no crowds have benefits the players. Ibrox sometimes is horrendous if we go a goal down or a missed chance. Panic sets in. This season the players dont have that added stress. I hope, but doubt, that when fans get back to games they remember that when we have went behind or not playing 100% that we are capable of getting a result. Patience is a virtue that fans must learn.

There's a difference between being upset and the hysteria from that night.
The league was over because our squad are seriel bottlers.
Well,I'll have to take your word for that as I don't ever recall posting on a match thread, certainly not during a game anyway. I rarely visit that thread at anytime, but whenever Rangers lose an important game to the likes of St Mirren there will be copious amounts of criticism and over-reaction.
It's always been,and will always be, that way.

The Motherwell game off the back of that St Mirren defeat, was massive.

The players showed a real determination and strength of character to dig deep, to try breaking down an ultra defensive Motherwell & not only pull the game level, but to go on and win it.
That Murderwell win felt like a key moment.

I was very nervous the night we lost to St Midden. It seemed like deja-vu after the heartbreak of the past two seasons. As you say OP the way the team have responded has been superb. Many not always the sparkling form of the early season but getting the job down time after time after time. We’ve put ourselves within touching distance now with our January results. A run of fixtures I was worried about since when the fixtures were drawn, TBH, regardless of form. The players have done themselves proud.

I want to humiliate Celtic.

I want the mentally challengeds questioning every area of their club, utterly humiliated by a team with a rookie manager on a fraction of their budget.
Let’s not forget when SG was appointed they all said he’d be gone by that Christmas, he’d never last, well guess what, he’s about to inflict a humiliation on the rancid b@stards of which we have waited soooooo long for, we stuck by him, we have let him have the time for his coaching staff to prove themselves, the players have blossomed and gelled into a superb squad, when that league trophy is finally lifted aloft I for one will be in floods of tears, f@cking proud tears that our great club is no longer in the shadow of those b@stards and back where we belong, Scotland’s No 1 football club, god bless you fellow bear & bearettes, WATP

I was gutted about the st Mirren game and it still annoys me as it should of been our first trophy of the season but I think it was that kick up the arse we needed. The Motherwell game following that cip
Game was probably the biggest one of the 9 you mention. Going behind and then winning really should we weren’t bottling this season...

I was gutted about the st Mirren game and it still annoys me as it should of been our first trophy of the season but I think it was that kick up the arse we needed. The Motherwell game following that cip
Game was probably the biggest one of the 9 you mention. Going behind and then winning really should we weren’t bottling this season...
Not strictly true.

The league is already in the bag with a month before the league cup final. B-)

After what happened at St Mhidden that night to go on a 9 game undefeated stretch like that whilst beating them, Sheep away and beating the Hivs home and away absolutely incredible the last 45 days or so truly stuff of champions.

Make no mistake last night was the final nail in the coffin and dagger right through the heart of the scum.

I think it surprised a few of our fans in fairness, never mind them.

Past two games we've been excellent. Our sticky patch seems to be behind us, just as we get key players back.

Happy days.

Why couldn't we have both?
Ideally would would get both however on this occasion it wasn’t to be. On the night we were shite and we lost.
If we were going to slip up I would rather it was in the league cup than the league.
Maybe it was a nice timely warning to the management and players that we had to keep the eye on the prize.
Cups are great and all that but this season more than anything they are just a sideshow to the main prize.

Had a quick look on their sevco thread (wow that's busy :)) ) went back to day after that defeat, here's some of their responses to it.

BardseyCelt wrote: ↑Dec 17, 2020
I take solace in the fact that the first domestic trophy we won’t be winning in god knows how long will not be won by them instead.

First bit of pressure they’ve been under and their bottle crashed.

They are not the all conquering force many have them pegged to be. We need to keep pressure on them and take advantage of the next slip up.

All St Mirren did tonight was stop Tav pen getting service in. That’s it. You do that and you stand a good chance of beating them

Edit: Oh, and that’s exactly the sort of game Morelos would score a scrappy winner in usually. Lolz

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Dec 17, 2020#104809
Could be a massive result in terms of the rest of the season.
Had they won this cup it gets the monkey off their back of not having won anything. losing last night just reinforces the bottlers tag.

Make no mistake- With us out they would have viewed this as a golden opportunity to win something, they’ve blown it again. That’s a sore one for them.

Hopefully impacts on their league form and we are able to capitalize.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dec 17, 2020#104812
After Motherwell on Sunday they have quite a tough run of fixtures until the end of January. This is normally when the wheels come off. St Johnstone away next Wednesday i think we could see a wee draw on the cards

Quality eh? B-DB-)B-D

The St Mirren cup game may have just been the best thing to have happened to us
At the time I was not happy at all
But, looking back it showed Gerrard we play our strongest team
If we had won that playing a weakened team im sure he would have tried that again in a league match and could have cost us 3 points
Whilst the gap is bigger now dropping 3 points around that time may have hurt us more
We will never know but Gerrard is showing he is learning all the time.
I still won't be celebrating anything just yet but last nights win was massive for us
My thoughts exactly. SG learned he had to start strongest 11 and get games won. It was also one of those games where everything fell to them and we could do nothing right. Just the way football can be. However, if that was what it took to give us a shake then it has worked out perfectly.

We won 10 of our 11 league games in Dec/Jan. A critical time in the league season, beating top 4 clubs Aberdeen, Celtic and Hibs x 2 on the way. That's what you call title winning consistency.
Throw in two great EL wins in December too

The bheasts assessment of us as a bang average team has been a large part of their downfall and makes their hurt even sweeter.
A last minute win in the cup final would be the icing on the cake.

Back