That all blue kit

Not a fan of the white socks at the best of times, but to wear red tops on the white socks, and blue shirt and shorts looked like the kit had been incorrectly packed. Blue shirt, white shorts and black and red socks every time for me (unless there is a kit clash obviously). While I am on the traditional theme, does anyone else think that Aribo and Kent playing with their socks at half-mast looks untidy? I played with my socks rolled down to my ankles so should be the last person to criticize but perhaps I just hold Rangers players to a different standard.

When I see the black & red socks I know I'm watching Rangers......

Tbh mate, if you buy a ticket for a Rangers match and go to the stadium where Rangers are playing, you can be pretty confident you’re watching Rangers. :)

Actually I agree wi you. Traditional strip works best for me too.

I'd rather wear all blue than white shorts with white socks.

I like when we wear red socks occasionally too

Tbh mate, if you buy a ticket for a Rangers match and go to the stadium where Rangers are playing, you can be pretty confident you’re watching Rangers. :)

Actually I agree wi you. Traditional strip works best for me too.
Thanks for clearing that up...

I don't know who decides it or why but it's nice to have a bit of variety.

The oddest one for me in recent years is the Warburton season in the Championship, we must have worn our change kit a record amount of times and then we drew Kilmarnock in the cup...our 3rd kit is often jokingly referred to as our Kilmarnock kit and what did we do that year? Both wore our home kits. Who decided that day we didn't have a clash?

The full blue kit always reminds me of the Champions League campaign where we had United, Stuttgart and panathinaikos in our group.

Must be one of Jimmy Bells wee "hings"

Doesn't appear to be any logic to it, remember we done it away to Hibs in 2000 possibly, also away to Clyde in 2012/13 season...neither of those were colour clash scenarios.

Rather it be kept for Europe if its going to happen, but not overly keen on it either.

To totally contradict myself here, I'd have loved to have seen an all blue version of the 92/93 home strip. We had the matching blue shorts for the away strip that year. Good run in Europe for it as well.

On the subject of black and red socks - can someone put me out my misery here and tell me if I imagined that about 15 years ago we wore red socks with black tops? Not for a whole season, for a few games if even that?

On the subject of black and red socks - can someone put me out my misery here and tell me if I imagined that about 15 years ago we wore red socks with black tops? Not for a whole season, for a few games if even that?

No you're quite right. 2001/2002 home strip had red socks with either black or very very very very very very very very very very dark blue turnovers. Believe we wore them in the first old firm game of that season, always mind it from the fantastic gif of Moore putting Larrson 4 foot in the air on the touchline.

Wasn't a fan! Also mind the Rangers shop selling all blue socks for the home kit from the two seasons before, first Nike NTL one. Sure one of the mascots wore these coming out for one of the old firm games in either 99 or 2000.

6yr6PSq.jpg

I don’t like either the blue or the white socks.

Black socks, then the red tops to highlight that we are up to our knees.

Don’t mind blue shorts the odd time but it definitely isn’t a look I want to see all the time. Blue socks are not a good look though and prefer white or black any day.

Back