That Colak moment today

The game a few weeks back versus Killie there was something going on between Colak and Sakala. Sakala could have set up Colak for a tap in but didn’t. Colak then cushions a pass for Sakala to score. At the goal celebration Colak has a go at Sakala for not playing him in at the earlier chance.
Both players really selfish and something I’d expect the management team to sort out. The number of times over the years that Scotty Arfield has been screaming for a cut back only for a hopeful shot from a tight angle to deny him a much easier effort on goal. Very frustrating and not something I’d expect from dressing room with a good team spirit.

It was bad but nowhere like van vossen who really was one of the worst players in a Rangers Jersey in my 50 yrs of living.

In your dotage did you forget Francis Jeffers or Bert Konterman (aside his rocket against the beggars) or even Joey Barton.

The problem though IS he's our most productive striker poor game today but then when Morelos come on he missed easy chances as well.

A couple of strikers could instantly improve our team, But we still have to sort out our defensive frailty.

We need strikers with pace and power.

I really really hope you're not including the flapped cross that bounced off Morelos from about a yard away as an easy chance. But sadly I think you are.

I’m slightly more optimistic than most in that I don’t think the gap between us and the bheasts is that big.

The big difference though is that they make good decisions in the final 3rd. We pass when we should shoot and shoot when we should pass.

Colak has 13 goals and 3 assists starting 18 games in the league which is a decent return.

Morelos has 9 goals and 6 assists only starting 10 games and gets slated for it.

It is interesting that you include all of Morelos goals against only the games he’s started. Must admit, does look good that way.

Until you see that he’s scored 9 goals in 26 league appearances which is an apples vs apples comparison. A number that should be so much higher if it wasn’t for the countless sitters he misses.

That’s why he gets criticised.

It is interesting that you include all of Morelos goals against only the games he’s started. Must admit, does look good that way.

Until you see that he’s scored 9 goals in 26 league appearances which is an apples vs apples comparison. A number that should be so much higher if it wasn’t for the countless sitters he misses.

That’s why he gets criticised.
It’s not fair to use just “appearances” though when 16 of those are coming on from the bench late in the game.

People still think Colak has missed more football than Morelos this season even though he has played 437 more minutes.

My whole point is Morelos should be starting every game. I honestly don’t understand how anyone can honestly say Colak offers more.

It’s not fair to use just “appearances” though when 16 of those are coming on from the bench late in the game.

People still think Colak has missed more football than Morelos this season even though he has played 437 more minutes.

My whole point is Morelos should be starting every game. I honestly don’t understand how anyone can honestly say Colak offers more.

Well you obviously know more than the manager who watches them both in training everyday. Colak was horrendous yesterday and the weekend before, but it’s not like the alternative has been any better.

Genuinely when did Alfie last play well for us?

Both are extremely limited strikers - Beales hands are tied a little here and is clearly going with the player who’s putting in the work in training right now.

Not sure what else to call it :)) Are we allowed to talk about it in a light hearted way now since we won the game?

I like the big guy, he's usually a clinical finisher and his link up play is nowhere near as bad as made out. Definitely has a future with us as a squad option imo.

But what in the name of f*ck was that? :oops:

I think it's up there with Cammy Bell at Fir Park, and Waghorn running the ball out of play at Hampden as one of the shittest things I've ever seen a Rangers player do.

Haven't seen a replay of it and don't think I want to!
For some reason seem to have noticed incidents like this a lot more nowadays. Players wanting to be the hero and get their names plastered all over the papers but end up fecking things up by not making the obvious pass.

Normally happens in the likes of FA cup games where the player from the small clubs being greedy, did not expect it in our game yesterday.

Well you obviously know more than the manager who watches them both in training everyday. Colak was horrendous yesterday and the weekend before, but it’s not like the alternative has been any better.

Both are extremely limited strikers - Beales hands are tied a little here and is clearly going with the player who’s putting in the work in training right now.
Beale can think what he wants but If he starts Colak in the semi he is basically admitting defeat. Bringing him on for Morelos ruined the final.

Great finisher but nowhere near the level required to be a regular starter for us. He will do against the cannon fodder in the league at Ibrox, but should never be near the likes of an old firm game.

Unless he’s getting it laid on a plate for him he is very close to being an empty shirt.

The game a few weeks back versus Killie there was something going on between Colak and Sakala. Sakala could have set up Colak for a tap in but didn’t. Colak then cushions a pass for Sakala to score. At the goal celebration Colak has a go at Sakala for not playing him in at the earlier chance.
Both players really selfish and something I’d expect the management team to sort out. The number of times over the years that Scotty Arfield has been screaming for a cut back only for a hopeful shot from a tight angle to deny him a much easier effort on goal. Very frustrating and not something I’d expect from dressing room with a good team spirit.

I remembered this but could t recall the game

They both okay for themselves - Beale also referenced players doing that awhile ago.

Needs to stop

Love to replace all three striking options this summer.

Or at least Morelos and Roofe with Čolak being 3rd choice. If Čolak was out of contract he’d be gone too.

Colak is being picked by the manager as he scores more goals than Morelos who only has 10 this year, Colak has 17 just one less than Morelos had the whole of last season and the same as he had the season before.
This is also Colak's first season at us and he helped us qualify for the Champions League.

We do need better strikers but it's not Colak who's letting us down.

He had a poor game but these things happen. Ultimately he’s a back up striker and that is why the criticism of him is nowhere near as severe as it would be for Morelos. Morelos is paid to be the no1 striker here and that is why he’s been criticised this season. Colak will be paid like a back up striker.

He has to stop being so selfish and moaning when he is not getting the ball. The killie game at Ibrox, when sakala scores instead of celebrating with him he is moaning about not getting setup for a goal a few minutes beforehand.

He had a poor game but these things happen. Ultimately he’s a back up striker and that is why the criticism of him is nowhere near as severe as it would be for Morelos. Morelos is paid to be the no1 striker here and that is why he’s been criticised this season. Colak will be paid like a back up striker.
Morelos did the same the last game when he should have passed to Arfield, Sakala also did the same before that when he should have put Colak in, strikers get greedy from time to time and it doesn't always work out.
Yes, he has a really bad game.

It’s time for the back up striker to be back up from now on.

It’s time for the back up striker to be back up from now on.
And that’s fine but that’s not going to happen this season if the no1 striker is also playing like a back up for the whole season. Morelos has been shite for pretty much this whole season. That’s why colak has been asked to be more than a back up striker. That’s not going to change till next season.

We’re still going to see constant rotation of strikers because the main man Morelos can’t be arsed anymore. Colak has most likely started more games under Beale recently over Morelos due to us not looking to extend Morelos. Colak will be here next season Morelos won’t.

And that’s fine but that’s not going to happen this season if the no1 striker is also playing like a back up for the whole season. Morelos has been shite for pretty much this whole season. That’s why colak has been asked to be more than a back up striker. That’s not going to change till next season.

We’re still going to see constant rotation of strikers because the main man Morelos can’t be arsed anymore. Colak has most likely started more games under Beale recently over Morelos due to us not looking to extend Morelos. Colak will be here next season Morelos won’t.
Morelos’ form and ‘numbers’ have been more than decent since Beales arrival 7 goals 6 assists - if Beale continues to pick Colak over him from now to the end of the season including Hampden we would be aswell chucking it now.

Yes, we will see two strikers in when the window opens.

Morelos did the same the last game when he should have passed to Arfield, Sakala also did the same before that when he should have put Colak in, strikers get greedy from time to time and it doesn't always work out.
Yes, he has a really bad game.

Are you just on this thread to reply to every comment with "yeah, but Morelos didn't do that either" or "Morelos was bad too"?

It's a thread about Colak. Stop making it a tiresome either or debate.

Think that might have been the worst performance I’ve ever seen by a player in a Rangers jersey.
Knew you wouldn’t be far away from this with exaggerated nonsense due to hating the fact he’s keeping Alfie out the team, unless you’ve only become a Rangers man in the past couple of months.

Colak was poor yesterday yet his performance was still better than some of the performances Morelos has turned in this season

Knew you wouldn’t be far away from this with exaggerated nonsense due to hating the fact he’s keeping Alfie out the team, unless you’ve only become a Rangers man in the past couple of months.

Colak was poor yesterday yet his performance was still better than some of the performances Morelos has turned in this season
IGNORE :shh:

Are you just on this thread to reply to every comment with "yeah, but Morelos didn't do that either" or "Morelos was bad too"?

It's a thread about Colak. Stop making it a tiresome either or debate.
Should posters not point out that other players have also done this and not had a hyperbolic thread like this?
I only mention Sakala and Morelos doing exactly the same thing, why does that annoy you?

Morelos even played Maeda in for a goal which was much worse than not squaring a pass.

Last edited:
It was horrible. He had a couple of great games that made me think ‘oh, he’s got more in his locker than I realised’ then subsequently had two awful games.

We need better quality, reliable strikers.

Should posters not point out that other players have also done this and not had a hyperbolic thread like this?
I only mention Sakala and Morelos doing exactly the same thing, why does that annoy you?

Morelos even played Maeda in for a goal which was much worse than not squaring a pass.

But it's not an isolated incident in which you're merely pointing a similar mistake - you reply to almost every comment about Colak with some criticism of Morelos, as though that somehow absolves Colak. There are multiple threads already about Morelos and his deficiencies (of which there are many at the moment).

And as for your last sentence. While it was a shocking pass from Morelos, we had more than ample opportunity to clear that ball and prevent Maeda scoring. Two defenders and a goalkeeper!

Anyway, you're usually quite a constructive poster - you just need to dial down the anti-Morelos rhetoric a little - especially in a thread about Colak's performance yesterday.

As everyone will have said he clearly should have squared it.Being a striker he went for goal and sliced it badly.I actually feel a bit sorry for him as imo he is a penalty box striker and given the chance he will score more often than not but he is being asked to drop off and link up play which is not really his game.

But it's not an isolated incident in which you're merely pointing a similar mistake - you reply to almost every comment about Colak with some criticism of Morelos, as though that somehow absolves Colak. There are multiple threads already about Morelos and his deficiencies (of which there are many at the moment).

And as for your last sentence. While it was a shocking pass from Morelos, we had more than ample opportunity to clear that ball and prevent Maeda scoring. Two defenders and a goalkeeper!

Anyway, you're usually quite a constructive poster - you just need to dial down the anti-Morelos rhetoric a little - especially in a thread about Colak's performance yesterday.
But surely that is why we have forums so we can discuss various opinions.

To me, this thread is overkill as 2 minutes later in the game Kent had a similar chance to feed Colak in and he took a poor shot instead.
These things happen in games and various players do it all the time.

But surely that is why we have forums so we can discuss various opinions.

To me, this thread is overkill as 2 minutes later in the game Kent had a similar chance to feed Colak in and he took a poor shot instead.
These things happen in games and various players do it all the time.

Yes, that's the general use of a forum, but we also have the function of separate threads so as not to be having multiple discussions within the one thread. If there's a thread about Colak, there's no real benefit in you constantly re-directing the discussion towards another player. There are multiple Morelos threads for that.

And I agree that the reaction to Colak yesterday is a little OTT. Yes he was atrocious, but he isn't the first and won't be the last to have a game like that in a Rangers jersey. The wider point here is that Colak is clearly not good enough to lead the line for what we hope is a title winning Rangers. He has a part to play as a good finisher within the squad. I think we agree on that?

A bit harsh.

I remember him more for a stunning goal he scored for us at Rugby Park.
I remember that goal, it really was some finish. Unfortunately his miss at parkhead hung over him. If andy goram hadn't saved the penalty, it would have been worse for him.

Yes, that's the general use of a forum, but we also have the function of separate threads so as not to be having multiple discussions within the one thread. If there's a thread about Colak, there's no real benefit in you constantly re-directing the discussion towards another player. There are multiple Morelos threads for that.

And I agree that the reaction to Colak yesterday is a little OTT. Yes he was atrocious, but he isn't the first and won't be the last to have a game like that in a Rangers jersey. The wider point here is that Colak is clearly not good enough to lead the line for what we hope is a title winning Rangers. He has a part to play as a good finisher within the squad. I think we agree on that?
He had a shitter of a game it would be daft to deny that I included a few players who have done the same thing.
For us to move forward we need quick strong more mobile forwards and at least two of them.

Threads very rarely stay on topic on here but I was close to the topic as I only pointed out all players do this.

Colak is being picked by the manager as he scores more goals than Morelos who only has 10 this year, Colak has 17 just one less than Morelos had the whole of last season and the same as he had the season before.
This is also Colak's first season at us and he helped us qualify for the Champions League.

We do need better strikers but it's not Colak who's letting us down.

IMO Colak has certainly been the best of a rather bad bunch.

You're right though, over the season Colak has contributed a lot more than Alfie.

IMO Colak has certainly been the best of a rather bad bunch.

You're right though, over the season Colak has contributed a lot more than Alfie.
Yes, he's done as well as could be expected given his injury issues.
How bad would it have been if we didn't have him at the start of the season there certainly would not be any Champions League money to spend.

Back